Huge breakthrough from Harvard

HighWaterMark

The American Journal of Medicine published a groundbreaking study on "The Impact of Marijuana Use of Glucose, Insulin and Insulin Resistance". It was co-investigated by Harvard (BIDMC) and University of Nebraska.

In multivariable adjusted models, the study demonstrated clinically significant drops in fasting insulin, lower insulin resistance and smaller waist circumferences amongst current adult cannabis users.

Arresting the progression to obesity, insulin resistance and rising fasting insulin levels is monumental in concept. It has implications for huge annual health care savings in the $1B range.

If any study this year deserves discussion it is this one.

HighWaterMark, MD

That link took me to "Copper toxicity in Alzheimer's disease: Cognitive loss from ingestion of inorganic copper". Odd.

DrOfDank,

and you would be right. Try it again and see if the body of the text doesn't now correspond with it's title (insulin). Sorry to waste your time and please do try again. I cannot overstress its importance to human health.

HWM, MD

That's okay; it wasn't a waste of time. Who doesn't know somebody today who's been diagnosed with Alzheimer's? Thank you for the fixed link.

DrOfDank,

I'm an idiot. Your link took me to the abstract of the journal article. Tic Full Text toward the top of the page (to the immediate right of Abstract). See if your browser allows you to open the full article.

My grandmother is currently losing a battle to diabetes, she injects herself with insulin, and its now been accepted by her and my mom that she is going blind because of it, she has diabetes in her eyes or however you would put it.

I am going to ask her what kind of diabetes she has so I have more info, but I really hope I can help her with this, I hope medical MMJ will heal her.

She's always hoped she'd live to see her grandchild, and now she wants to live to see her great grandchild, I'm 20, I just hope she'll get that chance. Her mother, my great grandmother, never met me because she died of a rare cancer that forms on the female genitals, she was so embarrassed and scared it was too late for her when she finally went to the doctor, MMJ could have saved her and if medical marijuana means my future children will be able to meet their great grandmother I would go far and wide to make sure people know about this

High chevyrestore I just found this article......I'm a type 2 and was wondering if you could name the strains that helped you lower your numbers. I thinking maybe they can help me too. Thanks.

Hi akaman
Durban poison, Doug's Varin &Black Beauty have good levels of THCv in the profile. This is what you are looking for in strains to help maintain blood glucose levels for diabetes

Back
Top Bottom