Human urine as a nute!

jmills826

Hey j/w if anyone has ever read or heard you can use your own urine for a nutrient?
Apparently it is high in nitrogen and has other nutrients beneficial to the marijuana plant?
I read your supposed to immediately mix it with a gallon of water after you urinate and thats all you need.
I know it sounds disgusting but has anybody tried this and what kind of results did you get?

It also has phosphorous, and yes if used it diluted 10 to 1 with water and it works. But I was in a bind and needed to feed my tomatoes...lol just kidding. But yeah, you can use urine.

It has a high nitrogen count but the salts and other toxins are not good.

You can drink your own urine in a survival situtation - but would have to be LAST RESORT. You will end up more dehydrated over all as your body has to process all of the other rubbish.

I wouldn't advise using urine to water plants even if diluted - amusing thought though!

Bovine semen works the best! Kidding but I was on an organic kick for a grow a few years back and used my goats poop mixed in lake water that sat out for a few days as nutes. It worked great...prolly luck but it worked.

Lol...i have actually tried this back in the day...like my first grow over 20 years ago....it does work diluted of coarse....but yeah nitrogen deff...ladies...it perked em right up

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah urine works just fine as a fertilizer. I know a grower who's used it exclusively (I think) for years. It's a little high in N but didn't seem to cause the guy any problems in flower. Might be best used with an EC meter because it comes out at different PPMs at different times, though this fellow doesn't and manages just fine.
There are no health issues with it that I've ever heard of. Urine at the source is sterile though it could pick up some bacteria on the way out. So there are less bacteria in urine than in tap water. It's pretty much non-toxic though drinking much of it would mean drinking a lot of salt. Urine is capable of transmitting very few diseases- minuscule compared to the most common everyday transmission routes, and obviously not transferable through a plant. Urine contains vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes, hormones, antibodies and amino acids. The main drawback to it is smell, after it sits a while, and the fact that that people are deathly scared of the subject. Because we are a silly species in some (many) ways.

Yeah urine works just fine as a fertilizer. I know a grower who's used it exclusively (I think) for years. It's a little high in N but didn't seem to cause the guy any problems in flower. Might be best used with an EC meter because it comes out at different PPMs at different times, though this fellow doesn't and manages just fine.
There are no health issues with it that I've ever heard of. Urine at the source is sterile though it could pick up some bacteria on the way out. So there are less bacteria in urine than in tap water. It's pretty much non-toxic though drinking much of it would mean drinking a lot of salt. Urine is capable of transmitting very few diseases- minuscule compared to the most common everyday transmission routes, and obviously not transferable through a plant. Urine contains vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes, hormones, antibodies and amino acids. The main drawback to it is smell, after it sits a while, and the fact that that people are deathly scared of the subject. Because we are a silly species in some (many) ways.
This is the best answer I could ever ask for on the subject :)

Nice and thank you!

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

I pm'd to ask the guy I mentioned if he wants to contribute to the thread. Get the feeling he's a bit tired of fighting against the 'OMG That's gross' reaction, but maybe he'll wander in with some first hand info.

I pm'd to ask the guy I mentioned if he wants to contribute to the thread. Get the feeling he's a bit tired of fighting against the 'OMG That's gross' reaction.
That's because people hate and scared to go out of their comfort zone and explore new horizons and ideas.
And it bores me to death.

I would LOVE to hear your friend's comment on how the plant reacted or when did the urine had the most effect
Thank you.

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

Sure- well I expect he will be happy to share- he's been runnng a perpetual grow for over a couple years using only urine, as far as I know. He's not on 420 as much lately but he'll get that pm sooner or later.

Wow thanks for all the feedback guys and i would love to read dudes first-hand knowledge as well but i think i might try this. I have 8 gals right now do you think the gallon of water mixed with the urine would be enough for them? They are only 3 weeks so they arent drinking alot.

Just would like to add my own 2 cents because I have first hand experience using urine as fertilizer. I did an outdoor grow many years ago that was buried in the bush. Rather than lug ferts with me to the site I would drink a bunch of water and go for a walk. The plant grew like crazy finished a nice 7 foot tall Christmas tree and was always a deep green (a little too green at harvest).

As I understand it, the soil needs microbes for this to work. Most of the N in urine is locked up in urea and ammonia which the plant can't use directly. Microbes break that down making the N available to the plant. With that in mind I'm not sure how well this would work in hydro. You may have to "age" the urine, just like composting manure before using it.

It should work but like others said you will need to dilute it. If you're outdoors you can relieve your self near to the plant then rain and nature should take care of the rest.

This may have been a dream. But I remember a dude who lived in the woods who we would get smoke from. He never wanted money only trade beer or whatever for it. So we would bring a bunch of beer over and get smoke Bit of a weird dude. He always had us piss just to the left of the back porch into the tiny stream there. (pretty sure he didnt have running water)
He said the stream went to feed his plants down stream. Anyway I was only there at night and never saw any plants. But he always said the piss made good fertilizer and he always had smoke and it didnt taste funny, just normal.

Well have you ever watched the movie called.. The Fast Indian

The old man and his grandson or neighbors kid.. pee on a tree in backyard to make it grow.. lol

I call it a Pee Tree.

Now one thing do ya really want to Smoke a Pee Bud.. lmao

It just as bad as Horse Shit... Hey Bud Pass Me the Pee and Horse Shit joint man... lol.. lmao

It's called fertilizer. Put into the ground/pot and processed by the plant, the same as bottled chemicals, compost, and manure. Natural fertilizers have been used for millennia, long long before we ever refined the chemical versions. Nobody's talking about putting any type of fertilizer on their buds and smoking it.

hmmm, well, weaselcracker mentioned a post on this disgusting subject,, i am disgusted,, but not by my urine

i be the one weaseley mentioned who has the first hand experience using urine as a fert. i started using urine right away when i started growing, bit over two years ago now. i just came across the info about the usefulness of the stuff as a fertilizer and it just simply seemed too logical to ignore

folks that diss the idea have absolutely no scientific knowledge to back them up, period. the yuk factor is the one and only negative.

urine is nearly the worlds best fertilizer and the fact that we as a species do not collect and use urine for that purpose will one day be recognized for the serious shortsighted eff up that we humans are so well known for.

i use urine still, yep, not a single change to the way i started using it. i use a one/fifteen solution for all of the watering i do for my plants in vegetation state, all of the watering. i use a much more diluted solution, probably one/ one hundred or so to water my plants in flower. flowering plants need less nitrogen

i also use a very mild solution for all my foliar spraying, which i do daily, and only to my veg plants. my flowering plants receive no foliar spraying at all

i will admit that i have thot about not using it any more, but, i still am and probably will keep on using it,, it just plain works good

here is perhaps the key,,, for me anyway,, i have grown up working in the excavating industry where it was not uncommon for me to be around and into some heavy yuk factor things,, so i have a bit of a stomach for such things,, some don't, that's ok too,,

sissies :;):

anything else i can comment on,, just ask away,, cheers

Back
Top Bottom