Humboldt Seed Company's Raspberry Parfait Review

Hi, I'll try my hand at reviewing the Raspberry Parfait. I am reviewing the plant of this strain that I grew and harvested in early December. I'll start with the facts, including relevant grow facts:

Strain: Raspberry Parfait
Genetics By: Humboldt Seed Company
Parents: Trufula Tree x Shishkaberry
S/I: 80% sativa/20% indica
Dominant Terpenes: Terpinolene and Beta-Myrcene
Grown By: Me
Grow Light Cycle: 10 hours sun/10 hours @MarsHydro FC-E6500 in veg (20/4), 100% outdoors for flower (approx. 12/12)
Pot Size/Soil: 7 gallon @GeoPot, Fox Farms soil blend of Happy Frog 40%/Ocean Forest 40%/perlite #3 20%
Nutes: @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg and Bloom, one application of CalMag plus Iron
Sample Cure: Curing since 12/16, sampled and reviewed today, 1/13
Appearance of Finished Buds: Dark greens, dark hairs more red than orange, purple and light green accents
Density: Very dense, sativa-like buds
Trichomes: Generous frosting outside and all the way through the bud
Smell: Very strong and very distinctively sweet raspberries first, with sour citrus tones as well as a nutty type smell, nutmeg perhaps
Taste: Very similar to the smell, raspberry forward with lots of sweetness and sour citrus on the exhale and a spicy, fruity aftertaste
Buzz: Hits strongly in the head immediately, sweats up the eyelids, and gradually develops into a very focused, very sativa, extremely up buzz that incorporates the body buzz after about 20-30 minutes. The body buzz for me made it down to around the middle of my back in terms of muscle relaxation, and made my upper body above my injury (normal feeling, lol) feel nicely relaxed. But primarily it is a head sativa buzz that lasts about two hours and fades sweetly in a gentle curve.
Smoke: Very smooth, easy, non-coughing smoke that is creamy off-white, medium thick, and allows one to do very large hits if one chooses.
Strength: No way to measure, HSC says it goes to 22%, I estimate this at noticeably higher than that, more like 24-25% - obviously subjective
Medical Benefits: Average for back and muscle pain, but strongly sativa and a significant focus/distraction/up effect that also has a positive pain effect in that it tends to at least help you to forget the nagging type pain and stay focused on whatever. Again, as all reviews, highly subjective.

Impressions: This is fabulous bud. I absolutely love it. It's my go to sativa along with the Ghost Train Haze from what I have now. Great daytime strain. Gets you very high but not overwhelmed, and has the classic sativa effect I love so much. But as great as the buzz and taste are, the star of this show is the terpenes and the smell. It's unmistakably raspberry. Not, "I smell fruit that sort of smells like raspberry," this is hit you in the face raspberry patch smell that will fill the whole room upon leaving the jar open for a few minutes. The terpenes are incredible and began to express themselves very early on. She smelled this raspberry in flower. One of, if not the, frostiest strain in flower that I have grown by a significant margin. If I could get a better shot of the trichomes, they are long, and coated very thoroughly throughout. The raspberry odor is strongly accentuated on the sweet/sour citrus end as well, and just opening the jar will make you smile. Worthy of note is that HSC claims this is one of the longest lasting terpenes in curing that they produce. Growing it was a breeze. I let it go with zero training and she just grew. I did not defol as much as a leaf. Also worthy of note is the inclusion of several sponsors in this grow, I believe I tagged the ones involved (thank you sponsors!). It was my first run with Geoflora Nutrients and my first photo plant ever flowered completely outdoors. The nutes performed spectacularly, needed no additives of any kind, and I followed their feed suggestions almost to the letter, the only change being I fed every 13 days instead of 14. I will use Geoflora again and again, they couldn't be easier or more effective. This plant never developed one blemish or burnt tip really. Finally very worthy of note is that at least this outdoor plant was 100% useable buds that all made the jar. Every single bud on the plant was worth trimming and was trimmed and jarred. ZERO flarf. Not sure if that would happen indoors, but outdoors it was a 100-percenter. I took around 5 ounces of buds exactly like the ones in the pictures from this plant, with only some sugar leaf for the flarf Trim Bin. Astounding strain on many levels. Also flowered rather quickly, she was in flower a total of less than 60 days at harvest. I will definitely grow this strain again, and soon. I'm in love. This one, to me, is special. I would highly highly recommend it to any sativa fan, and any raspberry fan (lol). If you like fruity, sweet and sour sativas, this one may be for you.

I included some pictures to show you precisely what I reviewed - a bonus when one reviews bud one grew themselves. Enjoy. And thanks for reading the review. Hope you enjoyed it.

This first picture is the plant when she was getting it on in flower, but had not yet started tossing out colors. But she sure as hell was tossing the frost.

This next picture is a mature bud very close to harvest.

This picture is the actual finished bud I smoked for this review:

This is a closeup of the same bud:

And this final picture is a picture of the trichomes on the same bud.

Hi, I'll try my hand at reviewing the Raspberry Parfait. I am reviewing the plant of this strain that I grew and harvested in early December. I'll start with the facts, including relevant grow facts:

Grow Light Cycle: 10 hours sun/10 hours @MarsHydro FC-E6500 in veg (20/4), 100% outdoors for flower (approx. 12/12)
Pot Size/Soil: 7 gallon @GeoPot, Fox Farms soil blend of Happy Frog 40%/Ocean Forest 40%/perlite #3 20%
Appearance of Finished Buds: Dark greens, dark hairs more red than orange, purple and light green accents
Smell: Very strong and very distinctively sweet raspberries first, with sour citrus tones as well as a nutty type smell, nutmeg perhaps
Taste: Very similar to the smell, raspberry forward with lots of sweetness and sour citrus on the exhale and a spicy, fruity aftertaste
Buzz: Hits strongly in the head immediately, sweats up the eyelids, and gradually develops into a very focused, very sativa, extremely up buzz that incorporates the body buzz after about 20-30 minutes. The body buzz for me made it down to around the middle of my back in terms of muscle relaxation, and made my upper body above my injury (normal feeling, lol) feel nicely relaxed. But primarily it is a head sativa buzz that lasts about two hours and fades sweetly in a gentle curve.
Smoke: Very smooth, easy, non-coughing smoke that is creamy off-white, medium thick, and allows one to do very large hits if one chooses.
Strength: No way to measure, HSC says it goes to 22%, I estimate this at noticeably higher than that, more like 24-25% - obviously subjective
Medical Benefits: Average for back and muscle pain, but strongly sativa and a significant focus/distraction/up effect that also has a positive pain effect in that it tends to at least help you to forget the nagging type pain and stay focused on whatever. Again, as all reviews, highly subjective.

Impressions: This is fabulous bud. I absolutely love it. It's my go to sativa along with the Ghost Train Haze from what I have now. Great daytime strain. Gets you very high but not overwhelmed, and has the classic sativa effect I love so much. But as great as the buzz and taste are, the star of this show is the terpenes and the smell. It's unmistakably raspberry. Not, "I smell fruit that sort of smells like raspberry," this is hit you in the face raspberry patch smell that will fill the whole room upon leaving the jar open for a few minutes. The terpenes are incredible and began to express themselves very early on. She smelled this raspberry in flower. One of, if not the, frostiest strain in flower that I have grown by a significant margin. If I could get a better shot of the trichomes, they are long, and coated very thoroughly throughout. The raspberry odor is strongly accentuated on the sweet/sour citrus end as well, and just opening the jar will make you smile. Worthy of note is that HSC claims this is one of the longest lasting terpenes in curing that they produce. Growing it was a breeze. I let it go with zero training and she just grew. I did not defol as much as a leaf. Also worthy of note is the inclusion of several sponsors in this grow, I believe I tagged the ones involved (thank you sponsors!). It was my first run with Geoflora Nutrients and my first photo plant ever flowered completely outdoors. The nutes performed spectacularly, needed no additives of any kind, and I followed their feed suggestions almost to the letter, the only change being I fed every 13 days instead of 14. I will use Geoflora again and again, they couldn't be easier or more effective. This plant never developed one blemish or burnt tip really. Finally very worthy of note is that at least this outdoor plant was 100% useable buds that all made the jar. Every single bud on the plant was worth trimming and was trimmed and jarred. ZERO flarf. Not sure if that would happen indoors, but outdoors it was a 100-percenter. I took around 5 ounces of buds exactly like the ones in the pictures from this plant, with only some sugar leaf for the flarf Trim Bin. Astounding strain on many levels. Also flowered rather quickly, she was in flower a total of less than 60 days at harvest. I will definitely grow this strain again, and soon. I'm in love. This one, to me, is special. I would highly highly recommend it to any sativa fan, and any raspberry fan (lol). If you like fruity, sweet and sour sativas, this one may be for you.

I included some pictures to show you precisely what I reviewed - a bonus when one reviews bud one grew themselves. Enjoy. And thanks for reading the review. Hope you enjoyed it.

This first picture is the plant when she was getting it on in flower, but had not yet started tossing out colors. But she sure as hell was tossing the frost.

As usual excellent information Jon.
Nice work. :cheer:

Stay safe
Bill

one of the BEST GROW REPORT I have ever read --Thanks and keep them comming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the BEST GROW REPORT I have ever read --Thanks and keep them comming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks @safeman! Appreciate the kind words. I wish I could take credit for the format I use, but it's not original. I got it from one of the first strain/grow reports I saw here, and it's actually sort of covered in the 420 suggestions...I just try to follow directions....lmao! Thanks again, glad you enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom