Humidifier: What Do You Use?

Koolbudz

Mainly asking those with rooms from 10x10 to 10x20 roughly....

Currently I have 3 Vicks Ultrasonic Humidifiers in my 8x12, they do the job but are right at their limits keeping the room humidified.

Room consists of two 1000w HID's, 5000btu window a/c, three humidifiers, one 70 pint dehumidifier, a 1500w oil filled heater and one fan for circulation. (actual grow area is 4x8)

So my question is what do you run for humidification?

what are you trying to do that you are running 3 humidifyers.
I only use one and depending on the temprature i drop few wet towels in the tent.

What’s up oldskool?

I’m in a basement 12 X 12 room with cinderblock walls 8 feet underground on 3 sides that are in direct contact with soil - I don’t add humidity at this point. Yes, that may be what helps me dial in more but I run average 60% rh with fans to move air.

At times I’ve ran dehuey in late flower but pushes up my temps and spins the power company juice meter off the wall so I avoid that mostly. Probably not the answer you were looking for but might help someone

what are you trying to do that you are running 3 humidifyers.
I only use one and depending on the temprature i drop few wet towels in the tent.

Grow weed LOL

I have a lot of air moving through my room to cool my lights, with a/c and light cooling humidity gets sucked out quick.

Grow weed LOL

I have a lot of air moving through my room to cool my lights, with a/c and light cooling humidity gets sucked out quick.
so, my room is 10x10 which has a ac running and there is one big fan by the tent and a small fan.
i've got one humidifyer and two towels that i make wet when they dry.
I've got my thermo meter where the plants are and i've got currently a reading of 65% RH
if you have ac running on cold air and 3 humidifyers you should not have this issue.

PS. I also Blocked any light or heat coming throw the window. So this room enviroment is fully controlled.

But your lights are HIDs :hmmmm:.

Somewhere else --- duct --- air-cooled reflector --- duct --- fan --- somewhere else.

The above isn't going to remove any moisture from your garden space. Or add any to it, for that matter. Should be, in regards to the air that is moving the heat away from it, a completely separate system.

Are you using open reflectors or something, which requires you to attempt to cool the entire grow space instead of merely the things that actually produce the heat? Or have a bunch of leaks in your HID fixtures' ventilation run?

But your lights are HIDs :hmmmm:.

Somewhere else --- duct --- air-cooled reflector --- duct --- fan --- somewhere else.

The above isn't going to remove any moisture from your garden space. Or add any to it, for that matter. Should be, in regards to the air that is moving the heat away from it, a completely separate system.

Are you using open reflectors or something, which requires you to attempt to cool the entire grow space instead of merely the things that actually produce the heat? Or have a bunch of leaks in your HID fixtures' ventilation run?

Yes Hot HID's..
0818202054[1].jpg

Sealed the room and can hit 90+ RH now.....new ac on way to get temps lower, cannot get below 80 lights on currently with 5000btu unit, 120000 on its way....

Back
Top Bottom