Humidity control for your curing process question?

Dizzylizzy420

Keep this short . I'm preparing soon to harvest . I am very nervous about mold .
Is it a good idea to place reptile humidity " stickon gauge the flat ones"to the insides of my jars ?
Is this pointless ? If not where the heck do I buy these things . Checked on lines and pet stores . The last time I seen those strips I was 10 years old in the 1980's . Everything is so HI-TECH now . If anyone has better ideas
I'd sure like to know . I'm nervous , all these months I don't wanna screw this up .

Thanks to all that take the time and help me out .

I actually just went out and purchased some today. You can find them at any pet store in with the reptile supplies. I paid $5 for one.
420-magazine-mobile1963853716.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1193970236.jpg

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Check out boveda.com they sell cure packs with a rh of 62% just what u need and they r also made for curing bud I've orders a shit load I also used the reptile hydrometer till I found those check them out u will b pleased

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

But eBay is where u should order them also there is a page on here about the boveda and how people like that check it out

Would I purchase the 8gram or 60 gram . I guess I'll be using the mason jars . I see the 62% but they are sold in packets of 8gram and 60gram not sure which to purchase . And this is used for curing inside jars ?

Yes it's for inside of the jars just put I in there and your good for up to a year they said its adds and removes humidity to keep it at 62% if u go on there web site they have a video that explained the whole process they say the 8 gram packs work on up to 1oz that's what I bought and just make sure u have less then a oz per jar just to b safe

Awesome! One more question do you put a humidity therm in one jar or all . I was thinking just one jar so this way I'm hoping the other jars containing the same amount , 1 packet boveda would be the same as well . This way I can save some money. Or is this not needed because of the boveda packet ?

I have been using the boveda 62s for over a year now. Dry your plant like you normally would, jar up with a 8gr boveda 62 per jar(about an oz.) and you are good to go. No burping or humidity monitor needed. You can even rehydrate them (boveda)if they give up all their moisture.

I think it would be prudent to do a couple of jars ... both having Boveda packs(very reasonable on the Zon) and a mini hygrometer to appreciate if the packs are working as claimed...personally... I wouldn't put faith in manufacturer claims unless I test first...butt...that's just me...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

If you have more jars than the digital meters you can move it into a different jar at night and check again in the morning, as you can end up with a slight variance from jar to jar as not all the buds or portions of buds dry completely the same (thicker, more stem, more sugar leaves, etc....).

I just cracked open a jar after 2months it's nice and smooth but still a little moist for burning proper but if I leave the lid open for a bit we r all good

Back
Top Bottom