Humidity control with rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetzel

Has anybody ever heard of using uncooked rice for humidity control? For any part of the process?

In a grow closet(instead of Damp Rid)?

or Rice in a lil screen packet with your buds for long time storage?

I saw it being used in salt shakers and it just got wondering.

Has anybody ever heard of using uncooked rice for humidity control? For any part of the process?

In a grow closet(instead of Damp Rid)?

I saw it being used in salt shakers and it just got wondering.

Are you trying to lower or increase your humidity ??.

LUDA.
:smokin:

????????

LUDA.

You are talking about a desiccant dehumidifier. I've never tried with rice, but have messed around with silica gel. Problem is with out a very large source you have to pull it out and dry it too often or build a system that can dry it at the same time.

Prairie

mmmmmmmm I think i would just buy a dehumidifier rather than fucking around with uncle bens rice or silica gel.

LUDA.
:smokin:

What is this?

engrish-funny-fuk-kin-fried-rice.jpg

CHRIS.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You are talking about a desiccant dehumidifier. I've never tried with rice, but have messed around with silica gel. Problem is with out a very large source you have to pull it out and dry it too often or build a system that can dry it at the same time.

Prairie

Yep

rice is so cheap you could throw it away and replace with new. Just like damp rid.

Maybe Chinese restaurants are just fronts for giant grow operations and they use rice for humidity control. The food is just how they get rid of the rice after the grow is done with it. lol

I tried rice, kitty litter, silica gel and the only thing that worked for me was an active dehumidifier.

It's very hard to control humidity when the ambient humidity is fighting against you...but it is doable..

:Namaste:

I tried rice, kitty litter, silica gel and the only thing that worked for me was an active dehumidifier.

It's very hard to control humidity when the ambient humidity is fighting against you...but it is doable..

:Namaste:
Thanks. Thats what I was looking for! I knew if I asked, somebody somewhere would have already tried it. So bottom line it is not practical. I am currently using Damp Rid. I have heard about these things called Eva Dry. When I get some money I think I will invest in these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom