Humidity during flowering

Truth Seeker

Hey everybody, i was wondering was is a good optimal average for humidity during the flowering stage??? I am so worried, right now my little spot is at 78F and the humidity is at 30% ..... is that ok???

Please help!!! I dont want to grow mold!!!

Re: Humidity during flowering???

Hey everybody, i was wondering was is a good optimal average for humidity during the flowering stage??? I am so worried, right now my little spot is at 78F and the humidity is at 30% ..... is that ok???

Below 60% when flowering and then try and reduce it to around 30% for the last 3 weeks to tighten up the buds.

Daytime conditions should be 70-80* without co2, 80-90* with co2 until the last two weeks when daytime temps should be kept between 70-80 and co2 can be reduced to adjust for the lower metabolism. Night temperatures should be kept above 60 degrees to prevent stress. It is preferrable during flowering to have a night temperature drop of 10-20 degrees to stimulate flowering hormones and reduce stem elongation.

I find that low humidity causes stress on plants. I go for 50-60% humidity until the final 2-3 weeks of flowering. At this point, the humidity should be lowered as much as possible to encourage the plant to seal and protect itself with additional resin. (I can get the humidity to go as low as 30-35%). I have been able to frost things up this way. The higher humidity levels prior to final ripening reduce salt levels within the plant tissue and encourage healthy, more lush growth.

CHRIS.
:)

Re: Humidity during flowering???

I live in Oregon and humidity and rain is a constant problem. I run a dehimidifier in my grow room 24-7 and another one on the upper floor of the house and humidity is not a problem as it was. However, with this added comfort my power bill has gone thru the roof and even with 200 amp service I have to be careful about running them both at the same time because they draw quite a bit of amps. I still get some foggy windows occasionally but we are pulling 3 gallons of water out of the air every 24 hours or so and recycling it back into the reservoir. We have the dehumidifier set to turn on at 50% humidity and they stay busy. I find growing strains like Indicas tend to be less sensitive to PH, temp, etc,. Some people get powdery mildew or bud rot really bad in the Pacidic North West but I have been lucky so far. I only ever got bud rot on some Romulan i was growing and that was before I was running dehumidifiers. Also had problems growing in cold frame greenhouses. It is just way too cold to grow outside here unless you have some very hardy strains. The dehumidifiers also let your carbon filters work. If they are clogged with water they won't be able to work properly. Lower the humidity it is all good. This summer I have ordered a bunch of seeds to test to see what can hold up to the Oregon outdoor climate which is similar to BC. I bought some Texada Timewarp (good outdoor strain), AMS (The Church), and some higher end stuff like Black Domina X Sensi Star, Biddy Early, Warlock and some other goodies like purple Afghan that should look beautiful when it starts to mature. Still, any grower in the Northwest will tell you it is a race against the fall rains here so those long flowering tropical Sativas are out of the question for the most part. Last years outdoor grow season was the worst in Oregon in years. So bad in fact, many cranberry farmers lost 30% or greater of their crops because it was bitterly cold weeks before harvest. Same thing with the bud croppers here. Outdoor season was awful last year. Hopefully this year is much better.

Dont sweat it buddy as all will be fine.

CHRIS.
:party:

for sure thanks, for all the info, it stayed stable all night at 76f and at 36% humidity!!! I put a cold air humidifier in the spot with it also!!! tonight imma put some real cold water it cus when those lights come on, it heats up in there

for sure thanks, for all the info, it stayed stable all night at 76f and at 36% humidity!!! I put a cold air humidifier in the spot with it also!!! tonight imma put some real cold water it cus when those lights come on, it heats up in there

Good luck and dont worry so much as it will be fine. Some wet towels will also help rise your humidity.

CHRIS.
;)

thanks i have had my humidity holding around 45% if it starts climbing i open the closet and allow it to air out and when its dropping i put a cold air humidifier in there with it!!! works great during the day it keeps the temps down in there to about 70 degrees!!! then lights on it holds at about 76-77 degrees

Below 60% when flowering and then try and reduce it to around 30% for the last 3 weeks to tighten up the buds.

Daytime conditions should be 70-80* without co2, 80-90* with co2 until the last two weeks when daytime temps should be kept between 70-80 and co2 can be reduced to adjust for the lower metabolism. Night temperatures should be kept above 60 degrees to prevent stress. It is preferrable during flowering to have a night temperature drop of 10-20 degrees to stimulate flowering hormones and reduce stem elongation.

I find that low humidity causes stress on plants. I go for 50-60% humidity until the final 2-3 weeks of flowering. At this point, the humidity should be lowered as much as possible to encourage the plant to seal and protect itself with additional resin. (I can get the humidity to go as low as 30-35%). I have been able to frost things up this way. The higher humidity levels prior to final ripening reduce salt levels within the plant tissue and encourage healthy, more lush growth.

CHRIS.
:)

there is nothing there???

Try looking harder next time.

CHRIS.
:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom