Humidity in the closet

Dimosweed

Hello all :Namaste:, i'm setting up my closet for my very first indoor grow. So i set up the reflective panels , the lights , the fans but i wanted to ask , what is the right humidity percentage to grow afghan seeds and how do i control it , i can't buy the fancy dehumidifiers since they are too big, also too expensive also what is the right temperature to maintain and how can i do that, and the closet doesn't close hermetically (it's a wooden closet) so there are like 2mm-3mm openings , any ideas how i can close them or it's not that important to isole the grow room ?:peace:

Welcome to 420 :welcome: I don't know what your RH (relative humidity) is, but I wouldn't worry too much because it is one of those things that you only need to worry when it's at the higher ends rather than the lower end. Low RH basically equates to a increase transpiration and thus the plant will pull more water from the roots. Simply put, you'll need to water a little more. Seedlings like to have RH at around 70-80%. For vegetative growth, sticking between 40-60% is ideal, but I've heard it can go upwards to 80% but nothing more than that. For flowering, I probably wouldn't go anywhere over 30% for fear of the possibility of bud rot. To control high RH, you can increase the air flow which should help if you don't have a dehumidifier. For low RH, I just use a bucket of water in my grow box, but a humidifier works better.

Those little openings aren't really important unless you are trying to prevent smell and using a active intake system. If you use a passive intake system with a active exhaust, then the gaps are largely unimportant. For flowering; however, you don't want any light leak so I'd just use some tape to prevent any light from entering.

Here are some links you might find useful for your grow:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
Plant Abuse Chart
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial
Marijuana Grower's Handbook
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
How To Clone A Cannabis Plant
A Brief Guide to LST
LST How to do

Back
Top Bottom