humidity problems

nick420420

Wondering If someone could help me out ! I have a 5x4 veg room with a 600 w metal hallide the humidity fluctuates between 38_45. I have 3 plants started all at 1week separation. My temp fluctuates between 79- 90. Added a humidifier yesterday and it hasn't raised humidity at all nor has it lowered the ambient temp . Any suggestions out there. Not sure if a portable air unit would do it but wasn't sure if that would create less humidity in room. I'm listening !!! Lol

I use to run a little humidifier and it didn't put a dent in the room. I got a bigger stand up one and it helped with both brought my humidity up and lowered the temp.... BUT THIS ONLY WORKED FOR ME IN WINTER. Now for summer I couldn't get my temps below 85 f so I put a portable AC unit in was worrying about my humidity dropping got my temps to 75 with around 45% humidity it fluctuates but never below 40%. so in the winter I will just run the humidifier again be cheaper that the AC lol hope this helps you just gotta remember to tweak little things when the seasons change.

Thanks for reply. I was shooting for 60-70 humidity since I am vegging and cloning in this room. So portable air unit and bigger humidifier is only way to go. Is light too much for room. Should I drop to a 400 w. But at same time I don't want to jeopardize production in veg room. Tossing ideas !

I use to try and keep mine that high but settled for the 40% in the summer it will stay that the rest of my grow.Here's a pineapple chuck 5 weeks old
420_pics_0031.jpg
looks happy enough for me in the winter I can drop my humidity down to around 15 % and make them look so frosty in flower

Also I think there might be some nutrient burn. No moisture in the air so it's pulling it all from soil. Not much yellowing

Nope, when I do I just give a little more N in the next feeding. I just changed nutes to humboldts 2 part and they seem to love it. Before that I was doing the lucas formula I would get some yellowing there but the results were still good I know you wanna baby them but just gotta go on cruise control once in a while and let the plant do the work I still go in my grow room everyday but don't tweak and change things like I first did. Here's a Strawberry Blue she's got legs on her lol
420_pics_0012.jpg

You're actually running hot. everything I've read says you ought to try to keep the heat down to about 80, not 90. Also, from a physics perspective, as air is heated, it gains a capacity to hold more water vapor, and drops the humidity, while cooler air will contract, and get more humid. I mean, if you're using hydro, and humidifying the air, and it's stuck there?

Also, I'd double check that the humidistat's working right. some of the really cheap ones I've learned from experience freezes up or gunks up, and totally fails to read any changes

Back
Top Bottom