Humidity problems

Edubbs

Hey everyone, I'm having a hard time Keeping my humidity above 50%. I have a boiler pan that I keep water in to evaporate, but it doesn't do much. 38-48. Its steadt at 80 degrees. canopy is what my guess is, there isnt much evapoation. I have a Ven-tech 4 ich scrubber. I imagine that isnt helping. This picture was from early veg. I could probably use a nice hps for budding, or even another 650 wt LED. But any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks
20150818_004517.jpg
1435860361910-1376032542.jpg

get some baby nappies , fill them with water until they hold no more , cut open and put the crystals into bowls tubs ect around the room, . just keep adding water when the start to dry out again , i used hot water so they steam for a bit :thumb:

also hanging plastic sheets will help and mist the sheets with water spray

P1060291.JPG

It looks like this , i put it around my plants but it sank ito the soil after a while so use blows/tubs

P10604351.JPG

I think that 50-60% humidity is a good area for veg, and around 40% for flowering. You're at 57% in your photo. You really wouldn't need more than that unless you have seedlings or fresh clones. But you can easily raise humidity with a pan filled with perlite, and just keep water in it. You may have to get a fan speed controller if airflow is preventing humidity from accumulating. Or a room humidifier you can put inside your room or near the intake if space is an issue.

I think that 50-60% humidity is a good area for veg, and around 40% for flowering. You're at 57% in your photo. You really wouldn't need more than that unless you have seedlings or fresh clones. But you can easily raise humidity with a pan filled with perlite, and just keep water in it. You may have to get a fan speed controller if airflow is preventing humidity from accumulating. Or a room humidifier you can put inside your room or near the intake if space is an issue.

agree!

Wow thanks for the thoughts yall. So the picture was from earlier in the grow, however like I said, now its been as low as 38 and as high as 50. Usually its on the high end of 40. The plants have not suffered by any means, at least that I can tell. The leaves have been dripping off as is expected during flower, but thats about it. In the future I plan on using low riders in this set up, because in the past they have bunched together and really held the humidity well. Im fairly certain the fan speed controls would be a good thing to have, thats what stands out to me as the possible culprit. I just cant wait for these particular gals to be done, the set up really is geared towards low riders. Thank again everyone! Happy harvests!

Back
Top Bottom