Humidity sensor for curing jars

Maer

In a grow journal I saw a guy that had small rectangular black humidity sensors that he put in his curing jars. Of course now that I want to order them i cant find the thread or the bookmark I thought I made.. :tokin: I think it was an LED to HID comparison thread but it may have been the LED comparison thread. Does anyone remember these items or have a link to buy them?

these? SENSIRION|SHT11|Humidity Sensor

That's just the sensor. You would still need something for display, battery and a micro controller and/or circuit. It could be done....

I'm actually working on a Arduino based grow monitor / control system. I have several of these sensors.

Prairie

yeah, that site looked as if it had all the accompaniments... doesn't seem very cost effective :/

Do a Google search for Hygrometer. Many cigar shops sell them and they will tell you the RH of your cure jar. I have considered using my humidor for a cure box to see if it makes any difference (anybody else try that?).

Here's a fairly inexpensive one on Amazon :Xikar Adjustable Digital Cigar Hygrometer

Stevehman, been thinking that myself. Ive had great success in keeping my cigars in pristine condition for 7 years. Would my MJ handle that type of humidity level? I hope you find some info on this, if I do I will do same if I come across something too.

I have the ones you are talking about, rectangle digital display . I got the idea and bought the that the article spoke about. I only got one and the waY i see that it is junk. It could of been a dud but it was not that acurate compared to my larger one. If you want to know the the brand let me know.

Yea, those are similar. I think the thread I saw it in was by --------, but I cant find his LED comparison thread.

If his name was edited out, that means he is no longer a member and all of the threads posted by him are now gone. I have tried to look up similar threads and found none of them posted by a former member I shall refer to as "Celtic lad". All of his posts have been deleted as per 420's policy. Also any mention of former members/sponsors will also be edited.

Back to the topic. I would consider the one that I posted a link to earlier, it can be calibrated, which may be a factor for those wanting accuracy.

I have seen this happen before, for what reasons do people get banned?

I don't know if you'll get a straight answer on that one. From what I understand some members had been banned or decided to leave for personnel reasons. Once a member or sponsor has been banned, all of their related posts are deleted or redacted. I had actually started a thread about that topic and it was deleted as well.

420 is doing what they feel is necessary to protect us and themselves and to keep the site as a legitimate resource for the discussion of MMJ, so I can't really blame them. There's a saying I used to tell my students, "when in the magic kingdom, play by Mickey's rules"

i don't see the humidity sensor often that you described , now it looks like people like humidity with fashion style, multiple function, right?,actually, one humidity play an important role in life. and i have one for my baby.

In a grow journal I saw a guy that had small rectangular black humidity sensors that he put in his curing jars. Of course now that I want to order them i cant find the thread or the bookmark I thought I made.. :tokin: I think it was an LED to HID comparison thread but it may have been the LED comparison thread. Does anyone remember these items or have a link to buy them?

Have you ever looked into boveda packs? I haven't used them but I hear a lot of good reviews about them.

Have you ever looked into boveda packs? I haven't used them but I hear a lot of good reviews about them.

They seem like a great idea--give off moisture above 62% and absorb below 62%. A lot less fussing, especially if you have a bunch of jars. That said, I have been able to cure three jars with one Mark IV meter just by occasionally putting a couple of drops of water on the inside lid if things get dry.

I bought a multifunctional humidity meter few months ago,which with date, week, time, humidity, temperature, alarm clock, and back light. It also a perfect for travel, home and outdoor use, which is convenient to carry.I think it's worth buying one.

Unfortunately the topic is units that will fit in a jar...

Back
Top Bottom