Hunter's Perpetual - HPS - Multiple Strain Extravaganza!

I think you are right. at 75% it seems to be more orange/yellow. At 100% it is a little brighter/whiter. I just bumped it back up to 100%. Will need to keep an eye on the temps.

Thanks for the advice

Full power (600w): Lux: 90K at center and 40K to 45K at edges, Temps 91

So the question is: 50K lux at 84 °F or 90K lux at 91 °F? (assuming I can't get the temps any better).

I love the information we can get from your journal HunterNitro.

Full power (600w): Lux: 90K at center and 40K to 45K at edges, Temps 91

So the question is: 50K lux at 84 °F or 90K lux at 91 °F? (assuming I can't get the temps any better).

Scar thats a tough one. For flower i would def do everything I could to run at 100%... 91 degrees is pushing it if you dont have Co2. 84-86 is perfect temp. That sure is a tough call. If your plants are not effected then I would run the 91 degrees. My First CFL grow would push 92 degrees in the summer and turned out great.

lux?

Scar thats a tough one. For flower i would def do everything I could to run at 100%... 91 degrees is pushing it if you dont have Co2. 84-86 is perfect temp. That sure is a tough call. If your plants are not effected then I would run the 91 degrees. My First CFL grow would push 92 degrees in the summer and turned out great.

I decided to run it at full and see if my plants show any signs of heat stress. I can always just turn it back down.

Thanks for the advice.

And... Props to you and your grow. Looking great!

Left Closet update!

Ok guys its three weeks into flower tomorrow and all I can say is WOW. The bud production is unbelievable for the timeline just like I expected with only one plant under the 600watt. This is faster growth than my 1 plant LSD!

20 days into flowering!!!! These buds are bigger now than some of my finished buds on my 2 plant scrogs.. LOL =)

060701.jpg
060702.jpg
060703.jpg
060704.jpg
060705.jpg

Nice Info, nice update & Awesome pictures HunterNitro.

Nice Info, nice update & Awesome pictures HunterNitro.

Thanks man! Im glad we can document some information here. Lets keep it going! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. That new 600 watt HPS bulb is kicking butt on this grow!

cant wait till i go into flower and switch over to the hps hopefuly we will have the new room finished by then or i am gonna be in some interesting concepts with 1 plant ready to go into flower and the rest still in veg and germination

Looks good. She has a lot of space to breath. New light and she is rewarding you for it :)

:thumb:

Thanks! Yea i really like the one plant for my 2x4 space... Two big plants are just to much and to cramped for my space and light. I have some great strains coming up and cant wait to finish up with these two! I will start doing a different strain in each closet after these two.

RSOiler, Guess what ive been looking up? Things to start Capt'n style top feed system!!!!!

Im going to place a order soon and get:
3 inch rockwool blocks
Grow cubes
water pump
and the tote I will be using

I am going to try and have everything setup and ready for my next grow in at least one of my closets. So hopefully start this new setup the first of August!

Looking good for their age bud!

A little late to the show, but subbed :) Love me a bit of HPS

Awesome! Welcome brother! I love some HPS myself! Coming up my grow will be Paired with the Capt'n style top feed system and one plant per 600 watt! Im going to keep things interesting.

RSOiler, Guess what ive been looking up? Things to start Capt'n style top feed system!!!!!

Im going to place a order soon and get:
3 inch rockwool blocks
Grow cubes
water pump
and the tote I will be using

I am going to try and have everything setup and ready for my next grow in at least one of my closets. So hopefully start this new setup the first of August!

Oh, Hell Yea, :high-five: I wish I was moved in time to start with you. If you don't mind I will grow through you until I'm ready!!!! I will wait until your ready to go all Capn style before I start asking for all of the equipment list and a picture for every step of your set up. Damn they need a Capn style smiley. :drool::jawdropper::morenutes:

Yea i wished you could start the same time! Its going to be around Aug. I dont know when u will be moved but I hope u get to start soon!

I made some big changes to my right closet plant today. I have not liked the way its been growing and almost to the point to just cutting it down and cutting my losses on this plant. I started cutting some lower colas and ones that have not made it to the top net yet. After a vigorous cutting I started to tie up the colas to the top net and she started shaping back up. Needless to say I know i have stressed her out but she will bounce back! I have 14 main tops now and they have no side branches as i cut them all off. Pics later! She looks a lot better and the tops are very even now.

Update Right closet!

Ok everyone like promised here is the afterward pics! She just has 14 tops now and no side branches. I was really about to cut her down but after a nice trim i like the way she looks. I should have trained her a little better and did this before flower but oh well. I tied her tops even and everything should bee good from here on out.

Shes tirsty! Dont mind the droop. Already watered.

060901.jpg
060902.jpg

Update Right closet!

Ok everyone like promised here is the afterward pics! She just has 14 tops now and no side branches. I was really about to cut her down but after a nice trim i like the way she looks.

14 tops sounds pretty decent. Once they fill in I bet you start showing her more love :)

Back
Top Bottom