Hunter's Perpetual - HPS - Multiple Strain Extravaganza!

HunterHunt

Welcome Everyone!

I decided to start a perpetual grow journal so I can have all my grows in one place and everyone can sub to just one journal... and well its just the thing to do.

Im happy to say last week I received my herbies order of over 10 strains!!! Perfect is all I have to say.

Setup:
Two - 2x4x7 rooms
I now have two 600 watt HID systems with mH and HPS bulbs for veg and flower. I have one 600 watt in each of my rooms. We will be doing 1 plant per 600 watt per room from here on out! I do a mini scrog just to get my tops even and then a second net for support about a foot above the canopy! We will need the second net because we will be growing some monstrous colas with these HPS's.

Ventilation:
440 CFM inline fan that pulls air for both closets. (Thinking about installing another one to separate them).

Nutes:
We have a few different products! Botanicare KIND, GH FloraGrow, FloraMicro, FloraBloom, GH Kool Bloom, GH Floralicious Plus, GH Maxi Bloom (powder)

Root Supliments:
Real Growers - RECHARGE
Botanicare - Aquashield
Roottech

Soil:
Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Fox Farms Happy Frog
Perlite
Earthworm castings
Dolomite lime (powder)

Containers:
1-7 gallon smart pots

Ok I think this is pretty much it! I have really been thinking about going to the captn style top feed system so we will see. Maybe in a few months. I will post some pictures of the current two grows soon and keep this journal updated! Thanks for coming by.

Subscribed HunterNitro, so how many hours should you run your HPS before getting new ones? Thanks & Rock on.

Question #2: What method did you use to pay for your seeds fro Herbies?

Hey HunterNitro, would it help if I held my breath until you try "The Capn Style", boy do I miss those guys.

AWESOME!! Thanks everyone for subbing! This should be a fun journal and hope everyone sticks around! I will be doing a picture update soon and show you my two new flowering girls! I already have them going and one is about 2 weeks ahead of the other.

I know RSOiler... I really want to break down and try it! You going to do it with me in the near future!?!?! We can start the captn style growing back on 420 hehe =)

We demand photos! LOL

Just getting back into 420 after barely getting started and then having some health issues that knocked me for a loop.

While waiting I'll check out your other grows and see wazzup.

:peace:

Grow Update!

Ok everyone! I two Venice Beach Afghans flowering! Each under there own 600 in side by side rooms. One is around two weeks flowering and the other has just started yesterday. I did NOT scrog these plants but did train a few of the branches that was getting to tall so the others could catch up! I also have a second net for support about a foot above the first on both girls. (I know my net is not level lol). I am loving the way the two week flowering girl is doing... She already little buds formed everywhere.

I have about 20 or so tops on this one with about 10 big solid tops. I cut a lot of smaller ones off and if any others dont stretch to my liking i will cut them as well. Im looking for 10-15 monster colas on each of these girls.

The one that just started flowering will fill out a lot more she grew kinda weird and her stems wasnt strong because I didnt have a fan on her in veg... So i trained her 3 main stems through the net for support. She will fill out over the next 2 weeks. Shes good and strong now. She has a little leaf damage where the fan is blowing but im going to make these girls dance this time!

First girl flowering for around 2 weeks:
Left052801.jpg
left052802.jpg
left052803.jpg

Just started flowering a few days ago.
Right052804.jpg
Right052805.jpg

We demand photos! LOL

Just getting back into 420 after barely getting started and then having some health issues that knocked me for a loop.

While waiting I'll check out your other grows and see wazzup.

:peace:

Welcome and glad to have you here! I hope you are getting better from your health issues. I posted up some pics of my new grow check em out!

Pics of last harvest of this strain
If you wasn't subbed to my last grow here is some pics of what this strain looks like! Its amazing smoke and very flavorful!
052801.jpg
052802.jpg
052803.jpg
052804.jpg

As I said, I'm pulling up a chair.

This journal is so fresh and still we are already seeing some huge ladies going on there. Tell me something, are you using the new "updated" General Hydroponics feeding chart? The one they have on their website? I think the feeding schedule that they gave me at the store is outdated.

I wonder how many times have you topped your plants? You seem to have a lot of tops.

Sending good vibes,
:Namaste:

>>>I know RSOiler... I really want to break down and try it! You going to do it with me in the near future!?!?! We can start the captn style growing back on 420 hehe =)[/QUOTE]<<<

This is my plan for sure HunterNitro, as soon as I get moved out of this place and into a better house with no one looking over my shoulder. As you know Hunter I'm still a virgin but I plan on jumping in with both feet, Hydro, Rockwool, top feed & HIDs. :high-five:
Hey Hunter, do you think I can get a "HID" sponsorship? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm up for HID sponsorship aswell ahah! I'll sell people into HID any day.

You know RSO, I'm a beginner (2nd grow attempt) and I jumped right into DWC with rockwool and top feed (drip feed). I just started a week ago. Come look if you like.

Welcome welcome! I do use the GH Flora chart thats on there website. The chart I use is listed below! I only use this a guide as i always feed with 5ml of koolbloom and also add in 2.5-5 ml of Cal/Mag, so sometimes I adjust and feed a little less so my PPM dont get to high. I like the GH Flora series so far.

GH_Flora_chart.png

As far as topping I only top 1 to 2 times when I grow like this. All those other tops are sprouts from the main 2-4 stems. Glad to have you here! :high-five:

Haha i wished we could! Theres no companies out there trying to give free HID stuff for tryouts because they already know it works lol. That would be awesome though! Im smoking some afghan tonight and wow.... Its a truly great smoke and cannabis is such an amazing plant. I hope that I can see the whole world legalize cannabis and heal the world!
:love:

Subscribed HunterNitro, so how many hours should you run your HPS before getting new ones? Thanks & Rock on.

Sorry completely looked over your comment!

RSOiler, From here on out I will be only doing two grows on my HPS bulbs... So that is 16 weeks at 8 week grows. If I have a 10 week strain I would just let it go the extra two weeks without changing. So 1344 hours for a 16 week flowering period at 12/12. They for sure lose there light output as I changed the bulb to a new one for this grow and WOW its so much brighter....

Also check your PM

Thanks for the info HunterNitro, this is going to be fun. +++Reps

Jumped over to Groovy Buds journal, looking forward to another HID grow.

Back
Top Bottom