Hutch's Canadian Grow Comparison Featuring Black Sugar

My wife moved to the USA when she was 22 so she is hard core German. Its fun to listen to her and her brothers and sisters talk. They are still in Germany

Hi folks! Seedsman Black Sugar continues her march to the hookah. Last night we began to prepare her for quadlining. Before starting to quadline the plant must be healthy and vigorous and have at least five nodes. First we remove the fifth node by topping. Then we remove both leaves and any growth from from nodes one and two such that only four leaves remain, those at the third and fourth nodes.

Day 23-1.JPG

Day 23-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar #1 - Day 23 - 2.25" tall

BS#2 is starting to look a little better but she is still growing slower than she should. She was transplanted into this yogurt container a day or two ago and node four is unfolding now but even that is wonky!
Day 19-2.JPG
Day 19-3.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar #2 - Day 19 - 2" tall

Hello 420, here's the latest update on our Seedsman Black Sugar grow:
Day 28-1.JPG
Day 28-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar #1 - Day 28 - 2.75" tall - Two gallon pot

She has paused a little to allow her roots to spread out and fill the pot. There has been a little bit of growth on the shoots that will grow out of nodes 3 and 4. I think she has fallen behind a couple of the others in this comparative grow. This morning she was fed 5.0g/gn Mega Crop in 500ml water

Day 24-1.JPG
Day 24-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar #2 - Day 24 - 2.25" tall - 2.2 kg yogurt

Still growing funny. If you look at the latest pair of leaves above you will see that the leaf pointing north looks fairly normal but the leaf pointing south is small and deformed, especially the middle finger. I have decided she will not be joining her sister in the flower tent when the time comes (in about three weeks) but will remain in a vegetative state either for the grow round after next or until I decide to dispose of her.

Thanks for dropping by!

Hello 420, here's the latest update on our Seedsman Black Sugar grow:
Day 28-1.JPG
Day 28-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar #1 - Day 28 - 2.75" tall - Two gallon pot

She has paused a little to allow her roots to spread out and fill the pot. There has been a little bit of growth on the shoots that will grow out of nodes 3 and 4. I think she has fallen behind a couple of the others in this comparative grow. This morning she was fed 5.0g/gn Mega Crop in 500ml water

Day 24-1.JPG
Day 24-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar #2 - Day 24 - 2.25" tall - 2.2 kg yogurt

Still growing funny. If you look at the latest pair of leaves above you will see that the leaf pointing north looks fairly normal but the leaf pointing south is small and deformed, especially the middle finger. I have decided she will not be joining her sister in the flower tent when the time comes (in about three weeks) but will remain in a vegetative state either for the grow round after next or until I decide to dispose of her.

Thanks for dropping by!
First off. 5 g of MegaCrop / 500 ml of water is a insane amount. Im hoping this is a typo
Second, I am roughly around your stage and will be feeding at 4 g / 4 L
Thirdly, as Shed alluded to, this small stage will be a bushy undergrowth memory in the next 2 weeks. March on soldier!

You mis-read it Baron. He's at 5g/gallon an fed 500ml of it:

Still higher than mine which are a lot bigger!
I sees it now...we Canadians dont recognize the .gn abbreviation.....carry on.

I agree, in 2 weeks you wouldn't know it was there, look at my zombie plant, I'm glad I didn't cull her, she'll give me something for my efforts.

First off. 5 g of MegaCrop / 500 ml of water is a insane amount. Im hoping this is a typo
Second, I am roughly around your stage and will be feeding at 4 g / 4 L
Thirdly, as Shed alluded to, this small stage will be a bushy undergrowth memory in the next 2 weeks. March on soldier!

She is a bit slower than she should be but as long as she's healthy I'm not too worried. She will be vegging for at least three more weeks so lots of time. Her last feeding was at 4.5g/gallon and there were no ill effects and don't expect any problems bumping her up. You guys have me scared :oops: now so I'll probably leave her at 4 to 5g for now.

I'm not really scientific about Mega Crop and often just pick a pre-mixed jug that looks "close enough". I usually hope the plant will let me know if I've over/under done it.

Still higher than mine which are a lot bigger!
I wonder if my use of higher doses of Mega Crop is the reason why your plants are bigger? Would stunted growth be a symptom of over-feeding? Maybe I'm proving that it is but I thought it would show up as nitrogen toxicity and/or burning. Another reason yours are bigger could be your greater experience that would show up in little unnoticed ways that could have a lot of impact. Climate could play a role as well.

Two other plants sprouted the same day as the Black Sugar and both have been fed the same mix. BS#1 is the smallest of the three. Here is one of the others
Day 28-1.JPG
Day 28-2.JPG

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies - Day 28 - 2.5" tall - 2.2 kg yogurt container
Not really any bigger but she is better developed. They are all topped and stripped for quadlining.

Anyway, I've seen time and time again on here that it never pays off to stray too far from the norm with nutes unless you know what you're doing. And I don't. I appreciate your comments :love: and I think I'll follow the recommended guidelines henceforth to help reduce complexities.:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom