Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

Next is our White Widow Autoflower
Day 72-1.JPG
Day 72-2.JPG
Day 72-3.JPG
Day 72-4.JPG
Day 72-5.JPG

HuB White Widow Autoflower - Flower Day 29/72 - 21" tall - 2 liters water - 6.5 Mega Crop

This is the plant I aggressively supercropped and was worried about damaging. She survived but those buds look kind of odd to me. Anyone else? I've been worried about hermies from the beginning as this was from a seed that showed-up on an earlier autoflower. There seems to be foxtailing but I don't have enough experience to tell if she's been pollinated.

There seems to be foxtailing but I don't have enough experience to tell if she's been pollinated.
You're right about the foxtailing. I'm not seeing any signs that it's hermied yet. You'll be looking for little nanners. I think @Heavenly Hybrid has a couple of good pics that she could share.

Here’s some pics I have of a hermie Hutch! It was from a clone I purchased at a dispensary on my first grow. Once I saw the multiple nanners I got rid of it, I did wind up with seeds on all my other ones but still yielded decent considering. The only thing that made me suspicious of pollination was the buds never really got that final full plumping up, but again it was my first grow and I’m sure I missed some signs beforehand. Your girl looks great from over here! Mine that hermied was temperamental from the day I brought her home.
3E2CF308-2624-46FA-8C3F-86B45564FA45.jpeg
E01145DE-F708-44AF-B6FA-6B9A3883947E.jpeg
92B6792F-31C8-4B5E-99E5-6D654008693D.jpeg
BFB43FBA-2637-46F6-80BC-D5B481B4D3BF.jpeg
F18A4CEB-954C-4FD4-9741-9CB66025792C.jpeg

Here’s some pics I have of a hermie Hutch! It was from a clone I purchased at a dispensary on my first grow. Once I saw the multiple nanners I got rid of it, I did wind up with seeds on all my other ones but still yielded decent considering. The only thing that made me suspicious of pollination was the buds never really got that final full plumping up, but again it was my first grow and I’m sure I missed some signs beforehand. Your girl looks great from over here! Mine that hermied was temperamental from the day I brought her home.
3E2CF308-2624-46FA-8C3F-86B45564FA45.jpeg
E01145DE-F708-44AF-B6FA-6B9A3883947E.jpeg
92B6792F-31C8-4B5E-99E5-6D654008693D.jpeg
BFB43FBA-2637-46F6-80BC-D5B481B4D3BF.jpeg
F18A4CEB-954C-4FD4-9741-9CB66025792C.jpeg
Hey HH! Thanks so much for taking the time to take a look and for the photo. It is very reassuring to hear that you don't think they've hermied. The three other flowering plants have nice white tops at the moment so they don't look pollinated, and those are the ones I'm really concerned about. I wouldn't want a hermied WW pollinating the whole tent but if I can get a decent yield as you did I'll be happy. :love:

Hi Hutch, I’m back! Those pics were from CC, just to make sure she gets credit. :) I brought mine for show and tell too.
0FB8B78C-135B-4F3F-B1FF-E16B7B128488.jpeg
615DAE28-63C5-4438-8621-D54A604FDA87.jpeg
E41E14E9-C224-43B8-8FCD-83EC8FE0044D.jpeg

Busted open... also, you can see the cluster of swollen bracts just above the nanners, with one crunched, browning pistil coming out of it. Those were seeds in the making.
58CDC993-0704-4D48-904B-BF4E7A49ECB4.jpeg
E960E883-C88E-4473-ACC9-26F2ACA315AD.jpeg

My nanners were very weird. The comparative this was a part of, nearly everyone ended up with nanners, so genetics were very much to blame for these. By the time I discovered them, there were too many to count. Most of them were hidden/nestled in the bud, right where the bud meets the stem. I chopped this one right after those pics were taken, but needless to say, it seeded my whole grow. I still had great yields, but with seeded bud. It all still smokes good, good weed, just a PITA to pick the seeds out.

That was my experience with nanners :( don’t want to scare you at all, just letting you know where and what to look for. Hope that helps. I’m sure yours will be great!

Hi Hutch, I’m back! Those pics were from CC, just to make sure she gets credit. :) I brought mine for show and tell too.
0FB8B78C-135B-4F3F-B1FF-E16B7B128488.jpeg
615DAE28-63C5-4438-8621-D54A604FDA87.jpeg
E41E14E9-C224-43B8-8FCD-83EC8FE0044D.jpeg

Busted open... also, you can see the cluster of swollen bracts just above the nanners, with one crunched, browning pistil coming out of it. Those were seeds in the making.
58CDC993-0704-4D48-904B-BF4E7A49ECB4.jpeg
E960E883-C88E-4473-ACC9-26F2ACA315AD.jpeg

My nanners were very weird. The comparative this was a part of, nearly everyone ended up with nanners, so genetics were very much to blame for these. By the time I discovered them, there were too many to count. Most of them were hidden/nestled in the bud, right where the bud meets the stem. I chopped this one right after those pics were taken, but needless to say, it seeded my whole grow. I still had great yields, but with seeded bud. It all still smokes good, good weed, just a PITA to pick the seeds out.

That was my experience with nanners :( don’t want to scare you at all, just letting you know where and what to look for. Hope that helps. I’m sure yours will be great!
I remember reading about that grow, c99 x something. What a disappointment for everyone! Thanks for the great pics, they are the best I've seen.:love: Knowing what to look for (and not finding it) really eases the anxiety. I think I know what to look for now. It's kind of scary though, to think that nanners could be hiding deep in the bud where I can't see them. :eek:

Heavenly Hybrid, you are one of the people that make this such a great place. I hope you are having a have a wonderful weekend! :thanks:

I remember reading about that grow, c99 x something. What a disappointment for everyone! Thanks for the great pics, they are the best I've seen.:love: Knowing what to look for (and not finding it) really eases the anxiety. I think I know what to look for now. It's kind of scary though, to think that nanners could be hiding deep in the bud where I can't see them. :eek:
That’s right! C99xBlueberry and featured Alaskan Purple. The C99s was pretty suckie for a lot of us, but the Alaskan Purple was great and is one of my husband’s current favorites.
I couldn’t believe the hidden nanners too! I’d only seen the ones like in CC’s pics before. It was crazy.
Heavenly Hybrid, you are one of the people that make this such a great place. I hope you are having a have a wonderful weekend! :thanks:
Aww, thank you so much! You just made my day!! :love: I hope you have a great weekend too!

Time for another 4-plant update! First let's have a look at the White Widow autoflower
Day 76-1.JPG
Day 76-2.JPG
Day 76-3.JPG
Day 76-4.JPG
Day 76-5.JPG
Day 76-6.JPG
Day 76-7.JPG
Day 76-8.JPG
Day 76-9.JPG

HuB White Widow Autoflower - Flower Day 31/74 - 21" tall - In two gallon pot

Keeping a very close eye on this plant for nanners but so far so good. She is foxtailing but that must be genetic as the light should be just right. Probably about two weeks to go.

Next up is my favourite, Phantom Cookies Domina, a 70% sativa hybrid from Garden of Green. I don't know why I love her but I do.
Day F41-1.JPG
Day F41-2.JPG
Day F41-3.JPG
Day F41-4.JPG
Day F41-5.JPG
Day F41-6.JPG

GoG Phantom Cookies Domina - Flip Day 41 - 21" tall - Two gallon pot

I loved her from the beginning. Her leaves are really soft and dainty and the stems are soft as well. She has responded to quadlining better than any of the others getting a nice stretch after the flip. Her sister, the Chocolate Haze only grew to 14" leaving less room for buddage. And the scent from a stem rub! She should be ready about two weeks or so after the White Widow so maybe four weeks or less.

Hello 420! Here's an update of White Widow autoflower
Day 79-1.JPG
Day 79-2.JPG
Day 79-3.JPG
Day 79-4.JPG
Day 79-5.JPG
Day 79-6.JPG
Day 79-7.JPG
Day 80.JPG

HuB White Widow Autoflower - Flower Day 37/80 - 21" tall - Two gallon pot

She seems to be aging quickly. According to breeder she has 19 days left, is that possible? The mother of this plant went too long at 56 days flower and 102 days total. Darn, I always get antsy around this time in a grow. I haven't even looked at trichomes yet. Are those orange spots a K deficiency or just old age? She's been at 6.5 MC for for a few weeks.

Because of the awful way her mother turned out I told myself when I planted this seed that I was going to chop her on day 84 come whatever. Four more days. The thing is these Budget LED lights are much better than what I had when I grew mamma.

Are those orange spots a K deficiency or just old age? She's been at 6.5 MC for for a few weeks.
Overall the plant is overfed Hutch. I see plenty of nute burn and the spots are probably from Ca's availabilty being reduced. Dial back the MC to 5.5g now that you're getting close to finish. You don't need to but why make the plant worse... save some money too :thumb:

Overall the plant is overfed Hutch. I see plenty of nute burn and the spots are probably from Ca's availabilty being reduced. Dial back the MC to 5.5g now that you're getting close to finish. You don't need to but why make the plant worse... save some money too :thumb:
Wow! That never even occurred to me! Thanks for the instant diagnosis. I would probably have tried to "self-medicate" by upping her to 7. So 5.5g it will be! You have been an amazing help today, much appreciated! :thanks:

Today I'd like to introduce our latest candidate for the flower tent in about 3 more weeks. She is a clone of the Garden of Green Phantom Cookies Domina that is currently flowering.

Day 01.JPG

She rooted quickly and after eleven days we were able to get her into a solo cup to begin her stay in the veg tent. We called this day 1.

Day 17-2.JPG

When the plant we had intended to grow came out of her shell all wonky I decided to give this clone a shot. I have never grown out a clone before so this seems like an excellent candidate. Therefore, on day 17, she was transplanted into her final home.

Day 18-3.JPG

Th following day I began the training process. The two main stems were tied down across from each other. Eventually we will have an x formation to provide a strong base for the multiple colas.

Day 21-3.JPG

This morning the two main shoots had grown beyond the rim so we started to train them around the edge of the pot.

See ya' later!

Back
Top Bottom