Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

In the meantime I'll continue with the update. Here's RQS Chocolate Haze, about two weeks to go.
Day F57-1.JPG
Day F57-2.JPG
Day F57-3.JPG
Day F57-5.JPG
Day F57-7.JPG
Day F57-8.JPG

RQS Chocolate Haze - Flip Day 57 - 14" tall - Two gallon pot

Just noticed the yellowing today. I was feeding at 6.5gm/gn for many weeks and she was pretty green, maybe too green though there were no deficiencies except some older tip burn. Just in case, and because of the talk on the Mega Crop thread, I cut her back to 5.0 then back up to 5.5 and 5.5 again yesterday. She'll get a couple more feedings before the end and for those I'll go back to 6gm/gn. BTW Have since learned that one should usually go down (or up) .5gm at a time or in 10% inc[dec]riments but .5 gm covers most cases pretty well.

Hello 420 peeps. Here are the latest photos from the flower tent.

First is White Widow autoflower.
Day 97-1.JPG
Day 97-2.JPG
Day 97-3.JPG

HuB White Widow Autoflower - Flower Day 54/97 - 25" tall - Two gallon pot

Looking through the loupe I can finally see some amber. Can't really tell if it's just on the sugar leaves but that's good enough for me. I like cloudy trichomes, not so much amber so I have decided she will be coming down tomorrow for low and slow dry in the fridge.

Day 97-4.JPG

Cut off a lot of the bigger fan leaves in advance of tomorrows' harvest. There will be no dark period and I do not flush.

Here's the Seedsman Critical Purple Kush
Day F62-1.JPG
Day F62-2.JPG
Day F62-3.JPG
Day F62-4.JPG

Seedsman Critical Purple Kush - Flip Day 62 - 13" tall - Two gallon pot

This plant will come down tomorrow as well. Same thing, I can see amber through the loupe but with all the jiggling I can't tell if it's just on the leaves but for me it doesn't matter.

Yesterday we smoked a tester bud, and I gave a quick report on the comparison thread but I'll quote: "I'm not really good with smells but it smelled sorta like turpentine but in a very good way ;) . The smoke was remarkably smooth through a water pipe, I was expecting fresh green harshness but not really. Neither of us coughed. Taste? I can never really taste weed unfortunately, it all sounds so wonderful when people describe it. This was pleasant, I can say that! The effect was stronger than anything we have had in quite some time. It was almost entirely body. At times there were waves of euphoria and a tingly feeling I love and remember from purple kush years ago."

Our Phantom Cookies Domina is also ready and will probably come down tomorrow if there's time.
Day F62-1.JPG
Day F62-2.JPG
Day F62-3.JPG
Day F62-4.JPG

GoG Phantom Cookies Domina - Flip Day 62 - 21" tall - Two gallon pot

One plant will be left behind after all the chopping tomorrow and that is our Chocolope from Royal Queen Seeds
Day F62-1.JPG
Day F62-2.JPG

RQS Chocolate Haze - Flip Day 62 - 14" tall - Two gallon pot

She is a ten-week strain and will remain in the tent for another week or so.

That's it for the flower tent. If I can get an update in tomorrow it will hopefully be to show a pile of buds ready to go in brown paper bags. Thanks for dropping by!

Nice hutch they all look so good and fat. :high-five:

That white widow bulked up for you, from what i undetstand is that they stay cloudy more so then turn amber giving them the ghostly white look when they are done. Course that could be stoned babbling. But i think ive read that. :hmmmm:
Looking forward to the harvest pics. :bong:

Nice hutch they all look so good and fat. :high-five:

That white widow bulked up for you, from what i undetstand is that they stay cloudy more so then turn amber giving them the ghostly white look when they are done. Course that could be stoned babbling. But i think ive read that. :hmmmm:
Looking forward to the harvest pics. :bong:
Thanks! The WW looked good but the flowers were light and airy. The wet weight was 241 grams so maybe 2 oz dry. I put branches into paper bags and put them in the fridge for low and slow drying.

The Critical Purple Kush had beautiful dense buds but the yield was quite low even for a two gallon pot. It was tiny having been put into the flower tent soon after sprouting. The wet weight was 138 grams so we should see about 34 grams dry. Also put in brown bags in fridge.

Trim Bin 20-02-18.JPG

Thanks! The WW looked good but the flowers were light and airy. The wet weight was 241 grams so maybe 2 oz dry. I put branches into paper bags and put them in the fridge for low and slow drying.

The Critical Purple Kush had beautiful dense buds but the yield was quite low even for a two gallon pot. It was tiny having been put into the flower tent soon after sprouting. The wet weight was 138 grams so we should see about 34 grams dry. Also put in brown bags in fridge.

Trim Bin 20-02-18.JPG
Those weights seem odd to me, 138 to 34 and 241 to 2oz? How are you measuring? And when you say branches is it straight branch or with buds attached?

Those weights seem odd to me, 138 to 34 and 241 to 2oz? How are you measuring? And when you say branches is it straight branch or with buds attached?
I just did the math in my head, lol. Dry buds often end up being about 25% of the wet weight, not usually less than 25% but can be more. More's better ;).

This is my first time doing low and slow. Since yesterday I have been trying to find more info but it looks like most people remove the buds, not sure though. In any case I didn't remove any buds. I cut the stems to fit, I guess 6 or 7 inch pieces. Got 15 bags between the two plants. I packed them as loosely as possible in the crisper.

Yesterday I noticed the rh in the crisper was 80-90% and got worried so moved some of the bags to the bottom shelf (the shelf that is the roof of the crisper). The fridge and bottom shelf have stayed at 50% while the crisper fluctuates with the status of the fan cycle but was 68% when I looked this morning. I don't think high rh at the beginning matters any more as this is when the majority of the moisture is being sucked away by the frost free fan cycle and the crisper is an enclosed environment so it takes a little longer to evacuate.

I guess we'll see if it makes a difference if they are in the crisper or the main part of the fridge. The crisper always had an higher rh than the rest of the fridge so I would expect the shelf stuff to dry quicker.

Today I chopped the Phantom Cookies Domina, it was day 66 since the flip and day 58 since flowering. It is listed as an 8-9 week strain and we were two days into the ninth week of flower and three days into tenth week since flip.

I have finally become adept at seeing amber trichomes, it just takes a nice sunny day to provide enough light. I also have a bright LED headband lamp thing which won't shine where I want it on my head but works great in my left hand while I look through the loupe in my right hand. I was thus able to see the amber trichomes and where they were. There were probably 10% or so on the calyxes. More than yesterday.

I really wanted to get this one just right as it was my favourite of the grow so I'm glad everything lined up. Here she was prior to the chop. She had all her fans removed yesterday
Day F66-1.JPG
Day F66-2.JPG
Day F66-3.JPG
Day F66-4.JPG

I decided against the fridge for now as it is really kind of packed and we still have the Chocolate Haze to bring down. Usually I cut the branches and hang them in a tent or box but thought I'd give the whole plant hang a try. Should be dry before the fridge so at least we'll have some new smoke in a few days albeit a bit harsh :hookah:.

Day F66-7.JPG

And there she is. Kinda sad isn't she?

Here's the new flower tent setup for the time being:
Flower Tent 20-02-21-1.JPG

Left to right is a Phantom Cookies Domina clone in a two gallon pot, another little PCD clone in a 1.5 litre plastic container. She is 26 days into flower. On the right is RQS Chocolate Haze, day 56 of flower, 66 days since flip. She is showing some amber so possibly tomorrow or Sunday for the chop.
Day F66-1.JPG
Day F66-2.JPG
Day F66-3.JPG
Day F66-4.JPG

RQS Chocolate Haze - Flip Day 66 - 14" tall - Two gallon pot

Congrats on the Harvest, Hutch!
She was a beautiful plant!
I also have a bright LED headband lamp thing
I have one of those too-shines everywhere but where I need it to shine...I just use it like a flashlight....

Congratulations on the harvests :high-five:

Nice having a few flavors on hand to mix it up. :yummy:

Thank you. Can't wait, just a couple more days to burn some fresh dried!

Congrats on the Harvest, Hutch!
She was a beautiful plant!

I have one of those too-shines everywhere but where I need it to shine...I just use it like a flashlight....
Thanks! I bought mine when I saw the picture you posted, lol. I like it, fits in the hand just right.

Hey Hutch you made it mate!
Well done on the sticky, gorgeous harvest!
How exciting to have all that yummy jar stock at your fingertips. :yahoo: :yummy::ganjamon:
Thanks DD! One more to come down, maybe tomorrow...

It is so frustrating having a flower tent just sitting there nearly empty! Just a few more days. Raised the plants in the veg tent again to get them closer to the light so they are all now receiving 30,000 lux and they seem to be responding well and vigorously.

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies is the closest to being ready
Day 52-3.JPG
Day 52-5.JPG

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies - Day 52 - 2.5" tall - Two gallon pot

Each of the four arms of the X have grown beyond the edge of the pot and have been turned sideways. I don't want them to grow vertical yet as the shoots from the bottom stems are still not tall enough. I will also want to take at least one cutting so need to figure out where to take it from.

Here's our Green Gelato x GG#4. Same situation.
Day 52-2.JPG

Unknown breeder - GG#4 x Green Gelato - Day 52 - 2" tall - Two gallon pot

Black Sugar, same situation, maybe one more week and then to flower tent!
Day 52-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Day 52 - 2.5" tall - Two gallon pot

One plant has moved to the flower tent, our clone of the Phantom Cookies
Day F05-1.JPG
Day F05-2.JPG

This time we are going all in with supercropping!

Speaking of Phantom Cookies Domina, here is the mother
Day Hang 2-4.JPG

Thanks for dropping by!

Congratulations on all the Harvest’s! :party: I’ve got 5 more to chippity chop as well! Looking great over there Hutch!l
:peace::love::Namaste:

It is so frustrating having a flower tent just sitting there nearly empty! Just a few more days. Raised the plants in the veg tent again to get them closer to the light so they are all now receiving 30,000 lux and they seem to be responding well and vigorously.

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies is the closest to being ready
Day 52-3.JPG
Day 52-5.JPG

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies - Day 52 - 2.5" tall - Two gallon pot

Each of the four arms of the X have grown beyond the edge of the pot and have been turned sideways. I don't want them to grow vertical yet as the shoots from the bottom stems are still not tall enough. I will also want to take at least one cutting so need to figure out where to take it from.

Here's our Green Gelato x GG#4. Same situation.
Day 52-2.JPG

Unknown breeder - GG#4 x Green Gelato - Day 52 - 2" tall - Two gallon pot

Black Sugar, same situation, maybe one more week and then to flower tent!
Day 52-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Day 52 - 2.5" tall - Two gallon pot

One plant has moved to the flower tent, our clone of the Phantom Cookies
Day F05-1.JPG
Day F05-2.JPG

This time we are going all in with supercropping!

Speaking of Phantom Cookies Domina, here is the mother
Day Hang 2-4.JPG

Thanks for dropping by!
Great update, Hutch!
Nice captions ;)
Plants looking amazing as usual.

Phantom Cookies Domina is in the jar! Dry weight was 66.3 grams but after burping and cure will probably be closer to 60 grams. 128 days old, 66 days since flip and 58 days from start of flower. During her short life she consumed 9.7 gallons of water and 55.7 grams of Mega Crop or 1.19 grams MC per gram of bud.

The CPK and White Widow are still drying low and slow in the fridge and the Chocolate Haze will be coming down tomorrow.
Day F70-1.JPG
Day F70-5.JPG

Most of the fans have been removed. Still a lot of white hairs lower down.

Back
Top Bottom