Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

They have been fed and watered identically.
If you are feeding them just give that one plain water until the cotys yellow up. It could be she's sensitive to food.
On the other side, if she hasn't been fed, give her a shot of nutes because that may be all she needs. It's a quick simple way to see if you get a growth spurt.

If you are feeding them just give that one plain water until the cotys yellow up. It could be she's sensitive to food.
On the other side, if she hasn't been fed, give her a shot of nutes because that may be all she needs. It's a quick simple way to see if you get a growth spurt.
Good idea, I've been feeding 2g MC, tomorrow she'll get plain water.

Hello 420mag folks,
First, the Purple Queen that wasn't growing is now kaput. Turns out the helmet was still below the surface and was clamped on the stem squeezing the life out of it.

The Golden Tiger seeds from ACE never did germinate so he is sending replacement seeds. I hope Canada Post isn't irradiating packages! In the meantime I ordered a three-pack of Purple Haze X Malawi and the package arrived last week.

Day 00.JPG

This time our seed hatched right away. It was placed in a solo cup with Promix HP and broke the surface the following day.
Day 0-1.JPG

Today is day 2 and she is already 1.25" tall
Day 02.JPG

Meanwhile in the flower tent...
Day F12-1.JPG

The Seedsman White Widow Fem is in day 2 of flower (day 12 since flip), thrip-free, and gorgeous! It has been four months since we had nice looking plants due to the thrip infestation in April.

Also in the flower tent...
Day F16-2.JPG

Seedsman Cheese, day 5 of flower (day 16 from flip) at 15" tall. She is doing spectacularly!

Both plants were topped once with just a little training. Zero defoliation except for the first couple of inches above the soil. I will do some defoliation as time goes on to maintain airflow but it will be minimal.

Take care folks!

Things are looking sweet in the flowering tent, Hutch:welldone:
Beautiful color on the leaves- perfect shade of green!
I grew a Cheese outside last season- very productive plant with a little sativa kick to it!
I also grow with minimal defoliation- in fact no defoliation is my usual method- I think all those leaves feeding the plant can't be a bad thing...and... I'm a bit lazy, truth be told... ;)

Update: August 23, 2020

Today I would like to take a look at Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies days 22-31 of veg
Day 22-2.JPG

Day 22 Preparing to transplant

Day 22-6.JPG

Day 22

Day 23-1.JPG

Day 23 Transplanted into 3 gallon pot

Day 26-1.JPG

Day 26 She was about 3" tall and bent over easily to get some training started

Day 30-1.JPG

Day 30 Time to explain the situation...
Day 30-4.JPG

Day 30 Situation explained

Day 31-1.JPG

Day 31 A little more training.

Thanks for taking a look!

Hello 420mag folks, here's the update for August 26

Day 34-1.JPG
Day 34-2.JPG

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies, day 34. She has responded nicely to the LST. There are at least four weeks before the flower tent will be ready for new plants so there's lots of time to fill out the pot and take a clone or two.

Two other seedlings have been transplanted. First we have Northern Soul a freebie from Seedsman, I believe.
Day 24-1.JPG

Day 24. She was on 2.5grams/gallon of MC before the transplant but I cut her back to 2.0 as she was quite dark green. She was topped on day 21. Also, for this plant I tried wetting the 3 gallon pot of Promix HP with 1 litre of water the day before the transplant and an additional 500ml water with MC today. I've heard of people "priming" their Promix so to experiment I transplanted a Dr. Seedsman CBD my usual way in dry Promix with 500ml water containing MC in a circle around the plant.
Day 24-2.JPG

Dr. Seedsman CBD, day 24, topped day 21. Also was 2.5gm/gallon but now 2.0

Here are the three plants together in the Veg Tent waiting for the Flower Tent in about 4 weeks
2020-08-26.JPG

Next up, the Flower Tent...

Northern Soul Days 27 - 30
Day 27-1.JPG

Day 27. A little bend to get things started.

Day 30-1.JPG

Day 30. Nice response to the bend. It really doesn't take much!

Day 30-2.JPG
Day 30-3.JPG

Still day 30. Very pretty little plant. I think she's supposed to be a 50/50 hybrid but she's expressing short wide indica leaves. She would grow into a very nice plant if I just left her alone now. We can't have that!

Day 30-4.JPG

Finally on day 30 we spread her branches out. I really enjoy this phase, getting the structure established.

Dr. Seedsman. Days 27 - 30
Day 27.JPG

Day 27. She's too short to bend over so we stapled the two shoots coming from the topping. Hard to see in this photo.

Day 30-1.JPG

Day 30. You can better see where the staples are in this photo.

Day 30-2.JPG
Day 30-3.JPG

Day 30. Adjusted staples and added a third. Lower branch on left is underdeveloped. It was caught up in the two branches I stapled day 27.

Both this Dr. Seedsman and the Northern Soul were fed 2L water with 2.5 grams MC per gallon.

Thanks for dropping by!

Northern Soul Days 27 - 30
Day 27-1.JPG

Day 27. A little bend to get things started.

Day 30-1.JPG

Day 30. Nice response to the bend. It really doesn't take much!

Day 30-2.JPG
Day 30-3.JPG

Still day 30. Very pretty little plant. I think she's supposed to be a 50/50 hybrid but she's expressing short wide indica leaves. She would grow into a very nice plant if I just left her alone now. We can't have that!

Day 30-4.JPG

Finally on day 30 we spread her branches out. I really enjoy this phase, getting the structure established.

Looks amazing!

I’m going to start following along; I love the pictorial and makes it really easy to follow your methods!
Thank you! Have you decided what size your final pots will be? If you keep the size down to 2 or 3 gallons you can easily grow your four plants in a 2x4. Two plants would be better but growing in smaller pots is a also good way to build variety into your stash.

The three plants here are in 3 gallon pots and will be going into a 28"x28" tent.

Thank you! Have you decided what size your final pots will be? If you keep the size down to 2 or 3 gallons you can easily grow your four plants in a 2x4. Two plants would be better but growing in smaller pots is a also good way to build variety into your stash.

The three plants here are in 3 gallon pots and will be going into a 28"x28" tent.

The final pots will be 3Gallon Geopots and I plan on transplanting tomorrow; I gave them their first really good watering today! In the future, I will definitely go down to two or three plants!

The final pots will be 3Gallon Geopots and I plan on transplanting tomorrow; I gave them their first really good watering today! In the future, I will definitely go down to two or three plants!
Cool! Looking forward to watching your grow, in particular the Durban Poison. Hope to grow that myself next year. CKS is not too far away from here, could just about walk there!

Cool! Looking forward to watching your grow, in particular the Durban Poison. Hope to grow that myself next year. CKS is not too far away from here, could just about walk there!

I’m not too far from them either!
Supposed to be a hot one here this week with temps up to 30C!
The Durban Poison will be a grow in the future but definitely a bucket list for me!

Back
Top Bottom