Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

Cool! I'm a little freaked-out by the idea of putting electrical things together so I may have a bunch of questions but we'll cross that bridge when the time comes. If other folks here can do it then I should be able.

11% customs is ok but I hope they don't hold it up too long.

The light you purchased comes fully assembled! You just need to hang it!

Also, we should mention, on future orders of kits that do need assembly, you can simply comment on your order that you want it fully assembled. We will build it complete for you. The only kits currently that need minor assembly are the 250w kits.

It's Day 21 already!

Day 21b.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 21 - 15,000 lux - 5"

This sure looks like a "before" LST picture.

Day 21b.JPG

AK-48 Day 21 - 15,000 lux - 5.25"

Odd thing, hygrometer at soil level reads 35% while the one 1/2 way up on the wall reads 41%. Usually it would be the other way around.

Group shot...
Tent 19-10-08d.JPG

I'd drop the Cheese, Alaskan Purple or Peyote Wifi.

Cheese #1, because I've grown 3. All 3 were identical, and all 3 were "easy street" to grow. Healthy as an ox, and produces fire everytime.

#2 AP, because the one I grew previously was gassy as shit. The most diesel flavor I've ever gotten from a plant I grew.

Lastly, the WIFI has been on my radar since it's release. Sounds like a winner, and I'm intrigued enough to order a pack for myself.

Just my $0.02
:thumb:
That is really good feedback:thanks:. It really sucks I can only grow one large plant but this is a small apartment. I could probably find a veg area but no place for another or a larger tent.

That is really good feedback:thanks:. It really sucks I can only grow one large plant but this is a small apartment. I could probably find a veg area but no place for another or a larger tent.
Well... if it helps, here's what the Cheese grows like...
2019-06-02-08-19-40.jpg

2019-06-27-10-13-05.jpg

And the AP..
2019-07-08-08-23-13.jpg
2019-06-27-09-58-17.jpg

Might help when it comes time for these 2 strains... lol

I really can't emphasize enough, the Seedsman Cheese is 100% the most consistent strain I've ever grown. Not huge, but always medium sized, healthy AF, and straight fire every time.
:thumb:

Looking good :cool:. Make sure to have some protective eye wear. The new light is bright!

Personally, I am a fan of the Gorilla Cookies. I have some GG#4 I am working on now.

Looking good :cool:. Make sure to have some protective eye wear. The new light is bright!

Personally, I am a fan of the Gorilla Cookies. I have some GG#4 I am working on now.
Good point, I need to order those protective glasses. I almost ordered them for my blurple but that turned out to be unnecessary.:laugh:

Gorilla Cookies is a fave of mine too, it's so hard to decide!

More than Half of my current Pheno hunt is Gorilla Glue crosses lol

I’m a glue fiend! Does that sound bad :hmmmm:
I've heard gg4 is fairly unstable so finding a nice pheno should be fun and quite rewarding. Your journals are chock full of helpful material. I was going to use what I learned from your old journal about quadlining on these plants but chickened-out due to wanting to be done by mid-December.

Good point, I need to order those protective glasses. I almost ordered them for my blurple but that turned out to be unnecessary.:laugh:

Gorilla Cookies is a fave of mine too, it's so hard to decide!

I've heard gg4 is fairly unstable so finding a nice pheno should be fun and quite rewarding. Your journals are chock full of helpful material. I was going to use what I learned from your old journal about quadlining on these plants but chickened-out due to wanting to be done by mid-December.
I’m just starting the new round of quadlines so you can freshen up as I do these ones!

Hi folks! here's today's update...

Day 22a.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 22 - 15,000 lux - 3"

There's a bit of a bend there but I think that should be ok.

Day 22a.JPG

AK-48 Day 22 - 5" - 15,000 lux

and the group...
Tent 19-10-09a.JPG

Messy run-off. NtS:Need trays.

Big day today in hutchworld, we started Megacrop feeding our little angels. Gave them 4g/gn after topping up the pots with some fresh promix. A total of three gallons between the two five gallon pots for their first full drench and only their third feeding. No ph'ing, no mixing chemicals, couldn't be easier.

We are on 24 hour preflower watch for these autoflowers, the sooner the better for our timeline. The new light will be here in a few days just in time for 8 weeks of flower!

Thanks for dropping by. That's all folks!

Update for day 23...

Day 23.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 23 - 17,500 lux - 3"

Side Branch 1.png

Lambs Breath Day 23. These side branches will develop into new colas.

Day 23a.JPG

AK-48 Day 23 - 18,000 lux - 5"

Still no vertical growth to speak of but she is filling out.
11.png

Lots of side branching. I will be tying these down a bit to spread her out.

Tent 19-10-10b.JPG

Lowered the lights again today. The old 600w Aglex blurple is reaching its maximum, any lower and only one plant will be receiving enough light. The new Budget LED 120w fixture should be here in a few days and that should be more than enough.

What do you think? With a proper lighting could I get 2 photoperiods in this 27" x 27" tent? These are autos and will be relatively small even in these 5 gallon pots.

At least two.
You’ll get 4 in 3G pots I reckon.
Thanks, think I'll go for two in five gallon pots if the new light works out. With my current light the best spot is between the two pots which is why I was only going to grow one photoperiod plant. I'm hoping to eventually do a SOG of clones in nine one-gallon pots. Veg them for a week and then flip. I think that would be fun.

Update for Day 24...

Day 24-1.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 24 - 16,000 lux - 3"

Don't know why the reading is 16k for both plants when it was 18k yesterday:confused:. The side branch at node two is rising to the light. Overall the LB is a smaller more delicate looking plant than the AK, probably because of its sativa genetics.

Day 24-2.JPG

AK-48 Day 24 - 16,000 lux - 5.5"

Side branches are continuing to develop and there was half an inch of vertical growth. Plants seem to be liking the Megacrop.

Day 24-1.JPG

AK-48 Day 24

Can't really see it in this picture but I'm pretty sure we're getting pre-flowers at the tip and along the stem. Day 1 of flower should be in a couple of days just in time for the new light which should arrive on Wednesday, five days from now!

Tent 19-10-11.JPG

The group shot. Day 24. Water containers are almost empty. RH 36%-41%. Temps are 69/73F, 20/23C

Thanks for dropping by!

Fans
Just noticed that there are no fans visible in the tent. In fact there are three, one is on a corner pole just above the light and blowing across it towards the door to get a little vortex going. When the new light arrives this will probably be aimed at the Meanwell driver to help keep it cool.

Tent 19-10-11---7.JPG

Two other fans are on either side at the top. They are blowing down directly at the plants with enough wind to keep them happily bobbing about. This strengthens the stems and helps prevent mold and some of those little flying potheads. Another fan may be added at pot level for circulation if that becomes necessary.

Here's today's update...

Day 25-5.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 25 - 28,000 lux - 3"

Turned on the blurple switch which increased the lux readout by 10k. This is apparently not the actual lux as these meters are not accurate with LEDs. Nevertheless, they give a number which is useful for as a comparison for our purposes. Plant seems bigger but vertical height remains at about 3".

Day 25-1.JPG

AK-48 Day 25 - 28,000 lux - 6"

This plants is taking off having grown another 1/2" overnight. She continues to grow out her side branches. There is nice node spacing so I won't tie anything down until it gets crowded in there.
Day 25-5.JPG

AK-48 Day 25 - Side branch development.

The group shot.
Tent 19-10-12.JPG

Day 29

Back
Top Bottom