Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

Just are coming along nicely...

Just a heads up... I’m not sure having your humidity gauge in the dirt is a good spot for it. I think it actually measures the air flow from the bottom. (Did on mine)
I know the plants are smaller now, but you’ll want it at the canopy level at some point.
I actually had one above and below in my room when they got bigger.
66B80C18-8CC5-4FA9-8FA8-77D0ECEA531E.jpeg

I used an antenna (flag holder), so I could raise it as they grew. I just drilled a hole in the floor to hold it.
452FBC00-0B7B-4AE6-BE3F-125D0B50AA04.jpeg

Also...
Have you given Emilyas watering article a read? It seems from the pictures that you aren't hitting the edges completely.

Sorry, not trying to hound you, just pointing out some things that bit me on my grow. Just curious... why no pH check?

That's a cool solution for the humidity gauge. I put a velcro strip on the wall of the tent and on the back of a cheap hygrometer to achieve a similar result. RH tends to be about 5% lower half way up the tent.

I try to use Emilya's watering method. These seedlings are in 5 gallon pots so I water in a circle just outside the width of the leaves. I doubt if the roots have grown any further sideways than that. The next watering will probably be a drench and from then on watering will only happen when they dry out. Hopefully I've understood her correctly, what do you think?

Re. no ph. I'm growing in Promix HP so ph'ing the liquid inputs doesn't seem necessary. The substrate ph will rise over time, especially with Pro-Tekt, but it should not rise to dangerous levels over 90-100 days. @InTheShed corresponded with techs from the company, see do-we-need-to-ph-adjust-our-nutrient-solutions. Seems to work for him and others who use Promix and it sure makes life a lot easier not having to fiddle with a meter and not adding PPM with ph-up and ph-down.

Appreciate you taking an interest and I certainly don't feel hounded. I'm still a beginner and know just enough to screw it all up. Your questions/suggestions concerning RH, ph and watering hone right in to the trickiest parts of a cannabis grow so it is always helpful to review those areas.

Took a quick look at your journal, those plants are fantastic! I'll be reading it in more detail now to see how you did that!

Here's the update for day 18...

Day 18.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 18 - 14,500 lux - 4.25"

It occurred to me that maybe we would rather see high-rez photos of the plants than the soil. Cut a piece of paper and sure enough! Much better!

Lowered the lights a bit more to bring us to 14.5k lux. Some side-growth becoming visible which reminds me. This is going to be a boring grow. I've decided not to top either plant so that they may speed along. Speed more important to me than yield at this point.

Day 18a.JPG

AK-48 Day 18 - 14,500 lux - 4"

Here's a shot of the plant's interior from where the side-shoots are going to grow.
Day 18b.JPG

iPad camera is actually ok for this.

That's all folks!

Hello everyone, here's the day 20 update...

Day 20.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 20 - 14,500 lux - 4.75"

The light seems perfect for this stage. Node spacing is much better and very little vertical growth, about 1/4" per day. Fifth node has emerged on both plants. This being day 20, pre-flower watch has begun! Nothing yet.

I have been reading @John Wick's and @Dutchman1990's new journals with great interest. They are showcasing Budget LED lights and I am very interested in the "Series 2+ Heatsink Free Full Spec 120 Watt". It competes very well with the ts-1000 and sf-1000 that I have been looking at. Still foreign-made though, being all the way from Michigan, lol. I think the LED selection is better than the sf-1000 and the customer service is top-notch. Canadian pricing should be $170+$30 shipping - $17 discount = $183 x 1.33 = CDN$244. My budget was $230 so I think we can swing this! Will make the final decision this week as we need to get better lighting for the soon to be flowers.

Almost forgot AK-48...
Day 20.JPG

AK-48 Day 20 - 14,500 lux - 4.25"

and the tent...
Tent 19-10-07.JPG

Humidity is better this rainy day at 47%.

Day 20.JPG

The light seems perfect for this stage. Node spacing is much better and very little vertical growth, about 1/4" per day. Fifth node has emerged on both plants. This being day 20, pre-flower watch has begun! Nothing yet.

I have been reading @John Wick's and @Dutchman1990's new journals with great interest. They are showcasing Budget LED lights and I am very interested in the "Series 2+ Heatsink Free Full Spec 120 Watt". It competes very well with the ts-1000 and sf-1000 that I have been looking at. Still foreign-made though, being all the way from Michigan, lol. I think the LED selection is better than the sf-1000 and the customer service is top-notch. Canadian pricing should be $170+$30 shipping - $17 discount = $183 x 1.33 = CDN$244. My budget was $230 so I think we can swing this! Will make the final decision this week as we need to get better lighting for the soon to be flowers.

Thats awesome Hutch! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed if you make the purchase!!

Day 20.JPG

Awesome, Hutch. I'm glad you came over to the "Bloom Room" and checked them out.

Remember, as soon as you get your new @BudgetLED light's you're invited to post photo's of your new light's over at the "Bloom Room".
Let's show your new baby's off ! :woohoo:

OK,I'm caught up now-those plants are doing great, Hutch !
I'm also thinking seriously about those Budget LED lights-they look real nice for the price.
You'll like the MegaCrop-it works great,and it's about as easy to use as it can be-just be sure to dissolve it well-the chunks take a little agitation to dissolve them all the way.

Good day everyone! Here's the daily update...

Day 09.JPG

Lambs Breath Day 9

Plant's a little fuzzy but the Promix looks great! Maybe tomorrow we'll focus on the plant instead because node three is starting to come in. Little does it know that it will be compost in a week or so when the plant gets topped. Some spacing is occurring between node 1 and 2 due to the low lighting. Hopefully this isn't a sign the plants are going to be lanky but in any case will make the topping easier. Going to continue with only 8,000 lux, as recommended, until they begin to veg.

Day 09.JPG

AK-48 Day 9

She is beginning to distinguish herself from her sister. Wider leaves and not quite as tall, about 3" now compared to 3.5" for the Lambs Breath.

glad your grow my favorit " Lambs breath", very uplifting and get's rid of pain.
I grew four LBA's on my last grow, very big bud's and easy to grow, great choice and youre looking good all the way around, Hutch ! :woohoo:

Gummy Bears Again

Natural Gummies.JPG

The picture above is from our experiment with a non-Jello recipe. It turned out quite well. The cross-section shows a pale substance on the bottom, this is probably the oil and it can be seen that it is not the same in all the gummys. Fractionated coconut oil should work better than this. And just so I don't forget here is the recipe:

Natural Cannabis Gummys
3/4 cup fruit juice
1/4 cup cannabis oil
2 tablespoons corn syrup
3 packets, ie. 21g, gelatin
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Whisk all ingredients in unheated saucepan until well blended. Place on medium heat until gelatin is melted. Drop into molds and let set for 15 minutes and then into freezer for 1/2 an hour. Pop out of mold and serve.

Also, I figured out the problem with our first batch, pistachio Jello is made with corn starch, not gelatin like every other f-ing flavour they sell! Cornstarch thickens as it heats, gelatin thickens as it cools. Highly recommended that you use a gelatin based flavour.

Thanks Hutch, I ear marked that for future use.

Hello Hutchbenedict:

Thank you for your support. Yes their may be customs. We believe it's around 11% when it does get applied.

We will get your kit built and it will ship out tomorrow morning. Thanks again and if you have any questions please let me us know.

Best,

Budget LED

I will be starting my first photoperiod on Saturday, these are the seeds I have to work with:
  • 1 x Seedsman Peyote Gorilla
  • 1 x RQS Chocolate Haze
  • 1 x RQS Green Gelato
  • 1 x GofG Phantom Cookies Domina
  • 3 x Seedsman Cheese
  • 1 x RQS Purple Queen
  • 1 x Seedsman Peyote WiFi
  • 1 x ??? GG4 x Green Gelato
  • 3 x Gorilla Cookies
  • 3 x Alaskan Purple
Any suggestions? Mrs.B and I are leaning towards Chocolate Haze or Green Gelato but we've been back and forth over all of them. I'd grow two but I think a 27" x 27" tent is probably best suited for one large plant. It will be in veg until mid-December when the autos are finished.

Hello Hutchbenedict:

Thank you for your support. Yes their may be customs. We believe it's around 11% when it does get applied.

We will get your kit built and it will ship out tomorrow morning. Thanks again and if you have any questions please let me us know.

Best,

Budget LED
Cool! I'm a little freaked-out by the idea of putting electrical things together so I may have a bunch of questions but we'll cross that bridge when the time comes. If other folks here can do it then I should be able.

11% customs is ok but I hope they don't hold it up too long.

I will be starting my first photoperiod on Saturday, these are the seeds I have to work with:
  • 1 x Seedsman Peyote Gorilla
  • 1 x RQS Chocolate Haze
  • 1 x RQS Green Gelato
  • 1 x GofG Phantom Cookies Domina
  • 3 x Seedsman Cheese
  • 1 x RQS Purple Queen
  • 1 x Seedsman Peyote WiFi
  • 1 x ??? GG4 x Green Gelato
  • 3 x Gorilla Cookies
  • 3 x Alaskan Purple
Any suggestions? Mrs.B and I are leaning towards Chocolate Haze or Green Gelato but we've been back and forth over all of them. I'd grow two but I think a 27" x 27" tent is probably best suited for one large plant. It will be in veg until mid-December when the autos are finished.
I'd drop the Cheese, Alaskan Purple or Peyote Wifi.

Cheese #1, because I've grown 3. All 3 were identical, and all 3 were "easy street" to grow. Healthy as an ox, and produces fire everytime.

#2 AP, because the one I grew previously was gassy as shit. The most diesel flavor I've ever gotten from a plant I grew.

Lastly, the WIFI has been on my radar since it's release. Sounds like a winner, and I'm intrigued enough to order a pack for myself.

Just my $0.02
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom