Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

Took the Phantom Cookie buds out to air a bit
Day Jars1.JPG
Day Jars2.JPG
Day Jars3.JPG
Day Jars4.JPG

They smell fantastic!

Chocolate Haze is hanging now which completes the harvest for this grow!
Day Hang1-3.JPG
Day Hang1-2.JPG

Thanks for all the support! This successful grow would not have happened without you.

Congrats on another great harvest,Hutch!
Beautiful buds on the Chocolate Haze- That quadline framework is awesome too-looks just about perfect!

Thank you so much for taking a look at my journal! Excuse me if I blush, I'm not used to compliments! :thanks::love: :peace:
Growing plants like those, I think you’ll get used to it fast ;)

Howdy folks! Here's today's photos.

The quadlined plants in the veg tent are now growing vertical. They are all about three inches tall and I plan to put them into the flower tent on Sunday the first. That doesn't give them much time to get bigger so I'll delay if I have to. A few days at this end can make a huge difference at the other end. I would like the Gorilla Cookies and Gelato Glue to be at least 6" going into the stretch and the Black Sugar 10-12". Could be awhile yet. :(

Day 56-1.JPG
Day 56-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Day 56 - 3" tall - Two gallon pot

Day 56-1.JPG
Day 56-2.JPG

Unknown breeder - GG#4 x Green Gelato - Day 56 - 3" tall - Two gallon pot

Day 56-1.JPG
Day 56-2.JPG

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies - Day 56 - 3" tall - Two gallon pot

At their largest these will still be miniature plants as in my previous grow. With proper training I should be able to get at least 1.5 grams per watt with the Budget LED 123watt unit in my 27"x27" tent with four 2 gallon pots. That would be 185 grams. The first grow we got 162 grams between 1 each of AK-48 and Lambs Breath in 5 gallon pots (1.3gm/watt). The last grow, 4 x 2-gallon pots, has not finished drying but we hope to be closer to our goal.

The other plant will be a clone of last grow's Phantom Cookies Domina and it is already in the flower tent
Day F10-1.JPG
Day F10-2.JPG

Phantom Cookies Domina Clone - Flip Day 10 - 6" tall - Two gallon pot

That's it for today, thanks for dropping by!

Hello 420 folks! Time to get you updated on all the activity in the flower tent. We have four plants in two gallon pots again and a few clones in small containers.
Here's the Gorilla Cookies:
Day F07-1.JPG
Day F07-2.JPG

Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies - Flip day 7 - 6.5" tall - Two gallon pot

Next up, Gelato Glue:
Day F07-1.JPG
Day F07-2.JPG

Unknown breeder - GG#4 x Green Gelato - Day 56 - 4.5" tall - Two gallon pot

Here's the PCD potted clone:
Day F21-1.JPG
Day F21-2.JPG

Phantom Cookies Domina Clone #7 - Flip Day 21 - 8.5" tall - Two gallon pot

The fourth plant is Seedsman Black Sugar which is part of the Canadian comparison grow
Day F07-1.JPG
Day F07-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Flip Day 7 - 6.5" tall - Two gallon pot

Next post, the small containers.

Here are the clones in small containers:
Day F53-1.JPG
Day F09-1.JPG

The two above are clones of the Garden of Green Phantom Cookies Domina from the last grow. The top one is 57 days from flip, about 10 days to go; the bottom one is about a week into flip.

Day F02-1.JPG

This is a clone of RQS Chocolate Haze from last grow.

Day F02-1.JPG

This is not a clone but is the sister of the Seedsman Black Sugar in the two gallon pot above. She started life as a wonky and I almost destroyed her but decided to keep her around until next grow. In the end I decided to grow her out in that yogurt container, the veg tent will be home to clones from this grow, so out with the old...

Thanks for dropping by!

Hello 420mag friends! It's been awhile since the last entry here. There were so many problems with the last grow, lock outs, thrips, lighting errors and did I mention thrips? We had a couple of clones as well as a Seedsman Cheese, Peyote Wifi and a Alaskan Purple. They were finally chopped at the end of June and after the dry and cure we got around an ounce per plant.

In the meantime I deep-cleaned the veg tent and started three new seedlings: Dr. Seedsman, Seedsman Cheese and White Widow. I suspected the Promix I had was infected and sure enough on day 24 (July 3) I found thrips on the Dr. Seedsman! With a sinking feeling in my stomach I sprayed all three with End-All (containing Pyrethrin). I threw out the old Promix and managed to get a new clean supply. A few days later the Dr. Seedsman was still infected so I threw it tf out. The other two plants seemed ok.

Eight days later, July 11, still seeing no thrips on the remaining two seedlings, I transplanted into 3 gallon fabric pots in the new Promix HP. Nice root balls had developed and they have grown vigorously since then at 3gm/gallon of Mega Crop.

Day 43-1.JPG
Day 43-2.JPG

Here is the Seedsman Cheese day 43 a little over 7" in height.

Day 43-1.JPG
Day 43-2.JPG

Seedsman White Widow fem day 43, about 6".

The plan is to flip these two into the flower tent on Friday so we can get started as the larders will be getting pretty thin by early October. OTH a bigger plant would be nice so I may wait an extra few days.

Coming up will be 1 each of RQS Royal Purple, Expert Seeds Gorilla Cookies and Ace Seeds Nepal x Kali China. They went into water glass on Monday, paper towel yesterday and into solo cups this morning. The first two had tap roots but the Ace Seed was still in its shell.

For a separate tent I dropped a Golden Tiger seed in water and into a paper towel next day. It still hasn't hatched but I planted it this morning as well. Fearing the worst I dropped another GT seed on Monday with the others and it hasn't hatched either! So that's three Ace Seeds that haven't hatched. I have more of the GT but that NxK.C was my only seed. Never had this happen but I've heard about seeds taking up to two weeks.

Hope this update finds you all safe and healthy. Thanks for dropping by and thanks for being an oasis of sanity!

Dang! Sorry to hear about all those troubles but happy to see you back! Your gals are looking beautiful! :peace: :love: :Namaste:

Great to see you again, Hutch- Sorry your last grow didn't go well...like I always say,they can't all be gems...
Hopefully,the problems are behind you, and this grow goes very well- once you get the seed thing squared away ( I'm way too familiar with seed/sprout problems:straightface:)

Never had this happen but I've heard about seeds taking up to two weeks.
One seed in my last grow took 13 days to sprout, so it does happen.

Aloha hutch! Tough break with the infested pro-mix! Stoked you are back up and running again. That golden tiger from Ace has had my eye so looking forward to how they turn out! Have a blessed day night!

:passitleft:

Dang! Sorry to hear about all those troubles but happy to see you back! Your gals are looking beautiful! :peace: :love: :Namaste:
Thanks! Plants are looking nice and perky today, it's nice to have put those troubles behind me now. I remember reading about not getting too confident about growing - if it hasn't happened yet it will. I guess I still have White Flies and Fungus Gnats to look forward to. :D

Great to see you again, Hutch- Sorry your last grow didn't go well...like I always say,they can't all be gems...
Hopefully,the problems are behind you, and this grow goes very well- once you get the seed thing squared away ( I'm way too familiar with seed/sprout problems:straightface:)

One seed in my last grow took 13 days to sprout, so it does happen.
It's getting a little worrisome, none of the three from Ace Seeds have sprouted yet. What are the odds of that? I suppose I'll have to try another Golden Tiger seed in a couple of days. I really hate having to make a complaint to Ace but I know it's not me.

Aloha hutch! Tough break with the infested pro-mix! Stoked you are back up and running again. That golden tiger from Ace has had my eye so looking forward to how they turn out! Have a blessed day night!

:passitleft:
Thank you! I'm really, really looking forward to the Golden Tiger as well. Fourteen weeks of flower and three weeks of veg puts us into early December for the harvest. If I have to wait another 4 weeks for replacement seeds we're into 2021!

Back
Top Bottom