Hybrid grow

MIcannabis

Looking for some input on my new grow rooms. I have two rooms, both are 8x8x10. One room has a south facing 6' sliding glass door and a 4x4 venting skylight. I would like to put the available sunlight to use. I have the ability to black out all glass during non sunlight hours and/or when utilizing supplemental lighting. Security is also taken care of. So here are my questions: What if anything would others do with such an opportunity? Is there much to gain, especially during the summer growing season in Michigan? What supplemental lighting would I require during non sunlight hours (limited to 12 plants total by law) to maintain cycles and strong growth?

I realize I have more space then necessary but the rooms are here for use.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Lighting is a big deal. When indoors and in MI, MH/HPS are a huge boost to plant performance. The down side is equipment cost and the electric bill. However, 400 watts will adequately light a 4x4.

Is this a one time growth or a continues cultivation? You'll need an area and separate lighting for clones and mothers of strains. Have you figured out a drying strategy?

Just some ideas. Hope it helps.

Was kinda hoping for a summer season grow utilizing sunlight/supplemental light to maintain cycles. Mostly because I'm cheap. I also have the option to move them into full sunlight outdoors if I'm around to tend them. Kinda pushing things legalwise but have a very private setting. May attempt an indoor winter grow and play with mother/veg/flower set up. All depends on my first harvest luck.

Thanks for the reponse.

I've played with straight fluorescent in the beginning years ago. Cheap, low yield, but they can work. Might be a option for you.

If it's a summer exercise to gain skill and knowledge, I wouldn't worry about a full blown nursery. You can't go wrong with filtered water, adequate chems, and a solid lighting schedule.

Good Luck!

I must be venturing into uncharted territory with this one. I'll try to keep a log for others on the off chance they may utilize similar methods.
Appreciate the responses I've received. Thank you.

By all means MI, keep a grow journal. I'd be very interested if you can make a bio/artificial light coexistence produce good results.

Human visible light is just a small fragment of the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Surely there's something we're missing using only artificial light. Even economically it makes good sense.

Good Luck MI!

Back
Top Bottom