HydrHut 44 setup help

tonystarks

How's it going this evening my fellow tokers :bong
I just got my HydroHut 44 and want some input on my setup and any pointers would be appreciated. I bought my lighting from a local hydro store and went back and forth on ordering a HydroHut and building a plywood setup. Less hassle and easier to transport in the future. Way stealthier....looks like I bought a portable closet from K-Mart. And dummy-proof holes for air/filtering :adore:

1000W Super-HPS Hortilux
6" Air-Cooled Daystar Hood w/ lens
1000W XtraSun ballast
HydroHut 44 - dimesions:4' x 4' x 7'

Now for the input guys and gals.

265 cfm active air blower system 99.95 hydrofarm
Can 33 Combo w/ 6 in Can fan 320.95 hydrofarm.com

I am going to go with soil and am planning on trying out this No Mercy 12/12 program. Would the above eliminate smell or what would you suggest? I am planning on growing 20 plants/harvest. My local hydro guy is trying to sell me the above setup for 400 out the door and says that this should be all that is needed. He is also the guy who tried to sell me on his own SOG setup for an hour after I picked out my lights. Can I say used car salesman?
WHat do you think? Overkill or am I going to get busted in my loft with a closet of greens :Rasta:

20 views and not one reply....come on guys is this going to work or do i need to go larger? Will this be suffice for grow temp if my room temp is 68 degrees?

Sorry for delay in responding. You seem to have all you need to do the No Mercy 12/12 program.
I note you are using a 1000W as against the 600W that Cees normally uses.
If your grow room temp is 68 degees, and your exhaust fans are working ok, I don't see why you should have problems, except for odour control.
With a 1000W you will certainly get good buds, but watch your odour issues. I will be watching your grow for sure.

does anyone have any first-hand experience using a carbon-scrubber? I have never used a scrubber and am a little skeptical, especially since I frequent a few different forums and never actually hear first hand from someone," hey, this shit works." Anyone? Would this require a larger size can or?? I checked out so many grows and no one ever comments about the smell. Does this eliminate the smell or is it like I just smoked a bowl-smelling constantly? Come on, some first hand experience with some charcoal :cool:

It actually eliminates the smell. I have seen a report from a member here who grows in a basement, and has carbon scrubbers in the grow room, and at the top of the stairs. There were zero odour issues.
If you Google carbon scrubber manufacturers, there is a home made design you can make for yourself for $40. carbon-scrubber manufacturer - Google Search

Good looking out Moose. I was getting ready to pay out of the cornhole for about 50 bucks in material. As for intake and exhaust on these things: I've read that I need to run a fan for intake and also run another right before the charcoal canister . Is there anything else other than an oscillating fan that anyone can suggest? Can I use 2 charcoal scrubbers? If so, how the hell would I do that? I am going to be growing in a large loft so stealth is important but its mostly because I don't want everything in my place to wreak of herb. Won't look too good showing up to work stoned AND smelling like weed! I have grown outdoors for the last 6 years and never had problems until this year. 6 plants taken right out of the ground with me asleep inside. Or stoned inside......whatever, the bastards stole my babies. Sorry for the stoner run-on but just looking for suggestions! :adore:

How's it going this evening my fellow tokers :bong
I just got my HydroHut 44 and want some input on my setup and any pointers would be appreciated. I bought my lighting from a local hydro store and went back and forth on ordering a HydroHut and building a plywood setup. Less hassle and easier to transport in the future. Way stealthier....looks like I bought a portable closet from K-Mart. And dummy-proof holes for air/filtering :adore:

1000W Super-HPS Hortilux
6" Air-Cooled Daystar Hood w/ lens
1000W XtraSun ballast
HydroHut 44 - dimesions:4' x 4' x 7'

Now for the input guys and gals.

265 cfm active air blower system 99.95 hydrofarm
Can 33 Combo w/ 6 in Can fan 320.95 hydrofarm.com

I am going to go with soil and am planning on trying out this No Mercy 12/12 program. Would the above eliminate smell or what would you suggest? I am planning on growing 20 plants/harvest. My local hydro guy is trying to sell me the above setup for 400 out the door and says that this should be all that is needed. He is also the guy who tried to sell me on his own SOG setup for an hour after I picked out my lights. Can I say used car salesman?
WHat do you think? Overkill or am I going to get busted in my loft with a closet of greens :Rasta:

well, if u're getting a portable closet, make sure to get one of the much thicker, and more sturdy ones. The crappy ones break too easily. this site has everything u'd wanna know about them, Portable Closet

Back
Top Bottom