Hydro/1000hps/hawaiian snow/ssilver haze/more

Which plant will do best in the hydro system?

• SS Haze

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • HS

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A Haze

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • N Haze

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • S Haze

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Ok guys just a little update, the clones are doing well, still havent started to root and its like day 4, hope they do soon. The hydro system is running well and the water is very clean but the ph keeps jumping, I have added about half a cup of ph down to the 20 gallon system, is this too much? Will this create too many ppms for the plants?

On another note, the buds are growing and growing its amazing, I think the yield is going to be great for my first grow, right now i have 600 hps and 400 mh on the 4 plants and they really love the light! Ill post bud shots soon! also the 2 tw plants that i have are hurt because of the clones but they are coming back fast and smell like floral and dead meat/skunk... I soo hope this strain is really tw. the buds are starting to cover in resin soooo much more than the bagseed!!:roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

Dont you just love it when your fingers get sticky and smell sooo good? That is a good aromatherapy for me! I feels so good after smelling that lovely syrup that the plant exudes when I touch it. I dont even need to smoke any Ha ha! I get so excited every time a new leaf opens, everytime something changes, I think I am alot like you too. I try not to mess with them too much but they are lovely living creatures.. Treat them kindlly and they will reward you. I think I am as excited about your grow as you are!

Finn, your the man! This project has become more than growing some good ganja, it really changed me. I have been working very hard since december when i first started and damn it I want that bud of the month haha!

On a heavier note, I am having some major ph issues... in the res im getting a reading of about 7 and at the bottom of the buckets where there is about 4 inches of water, they drain slowly, the ph is 5... this is very perplexing as I have been running the system for about 5 days now and i stillll cannot equalize the ph...wtf. The addition of sooo much ph down solution is leading me to believe the ppm is through the roof! but i will have no idea until i get my ppm monitor in the mail. Also the clones are turning a little yellow and developing some small spots, ill talke a pic in a few, anyone have any idea whats going on?

I PROMISE some of the best buds, and will work my ass off to produce the kind of quality buds you guys create.

Also I appreciate everyone commenting, just gets me motivated to do more!

Finn, your the man! This project has become more than growing some good ganja, it really changed me. I have been working very hard since december when i first started and damn it I want that bud of the month haha!

On a heavier note, I am having some major ph issues... in the res im getting a reading of about 7 and at the bottom of the buckets where there is about 4 inches of water, they drain slowly, the ph is 5... this is very perplexing as I have been running the system for about 5 days now and i stillll cannot equalize the ph...wtf. The addition of sooo much ph down solution is leading me to believe the ppm is through the roof! but i will have no idea until i get my ppm monitor in the mail. Also the clones are turning a little yellow and developing some small spots, ill talke a pic in a few, anyone have any idea whats going on?

I PROMISE some of the best buds, and will work my ass off to produce the kind of quality buds you guys create.

Also I appreciate everyone commenting, just gets me motivated to do more!

Yes I do have an idea whats going on. IMO you are having a algae bloom. Check for a slime in the bottom where the water is stagnant. My worst nute burns where from this see my blue cheese. I had to dump the nutes and clean the algae out. Also tap water with high Ca makes tanks hard to control. I also use a fish and plant algaeicide I got at petsmart all the time now.

I hope this helps.:cheer:

Pan4

AWESOME PANFOR! thanks for the tip. Ill go to the pet store today!

ALSO the clones are rooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Though im thinking about getting some good fem big budxnorthernlights maybe 10
that would be crazy, that way I could practice with the TW in the hydro then germ the new seeds in like 2 weeks
cant wait!

So this is what I have so far, flowering day 23. The clones don't look so well, I am spraying them with filtered tap water. I think I have a heat problem... I hate the south...here it is evident in the leaves...

IMG_02741.JPG

IMG_02751.JPG

IMG_02761.JPG

IMG_02771.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

Dude! dont get discouraged. Oh man you are doing a good job, just keep the faith and the good care but dont overdo it. Member, when you see new growth there are new roots even if you dont see them. Just give them some weakened seaweed with a ml of superthrive at the next watering or foliar the seaweed. Sea weed is like a super food is to us.
I am having trouble with a clone right now too. I hope it doent go to the old compost in the sky..
I actually have 2 cuttings from a previous plant that had interrupted care and got stunted to about a foot tall. Was a trainwreck for me and I was hoping for a good turnout but .. Well after some good attention and lighting stability (they had middle child syndrome)they had been shuffled from area to area and different lighting and feeding schedules. they are just a foot-18in tall now. Sheesh I thought I lost them for sure. But what they lack in size, they make up in beauty and flowerbuds thick and sticky and they still have weeks to finish. But my focus is on health, strength and quality of the fruit. Not volume. That will come too for you. After all this is for me and my spouse.

You are highly motivated and that is just the thing for your aquiring more knowledge to help you in future horticullture. I went to some botanical gardens in the areas sorta close to home. You learn alot there. Learn general plant care and development. think this: A cardio surgeon has to be a md first before specializing. Cant fix the heart if you dont know how bodies basically work. With your love for the plant and your enthusiasm you will find lights turned on in places you never expected.
(always keep your specialty to yourself or here. Dont tell your friends or you will suffer.)
:cheer:
member read read read...
good luck.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom