Hydro Bucket Construction

Wow. Your set up is really awesome. My set up is similar except I don't use the cd lid to hold the roots and my net basket works as the lid to the 5gal. bucket.

Just wondering what the benefits are to using the cd lid to hold the roots? Was it difficult growing the plant in just a 3" net pot? I have a hard time keeping the plants anchored and in one place.

Thanks for posting. I'm going to give it a go.. THANKS STRATLOGIC. :)

Ive been lurking here over the last week, and i have become obsessed with these threads. Strat has opened my eyes to the power of the Hydro grow. Ive been to the hydro shops, read the catalogs, and even priced out the whole deal but it was always out of reach of the average joe's pocket book. But this has made my dreams a reality. As of last night i started my grow in an attempt to start a closet grow as well with as limited a budget as possible and truely it wasent that hard. Between Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart you can get all the items needed in 1 night more or less.

All in all you truely have your stuff down Strat, from the buckets to the CFL ideas to a seperate HPS/MH chamber etc etc. In the end all ive got to say is that i hope your weed karma is great. Because nothing is better then helping a fellow follower of Mary J. *Hats off to you*:goodjob::nicethread:

I am a first time grower with this bucket idea you have here..I like it so I was going to ask you do you grow your
Plant then place it or grow it in there? Also do you just let the roots hang in there or hang it just below the roots?

Lol @ " Used to joke that you could lay the screen over a hole and walk across the buds" tortured soul.

Strat, despite the age of this thread i wanted to repeat all the kudos you have received. Innovation is great, getting high is awesome so you put the two together and... BAMM! !

I need to confess though, I'm not sure what functiom the cd spool serves. But, i also still don't 100% understand the specifics of the setup. I know it has bee described here several times, but after reviewing all the text here's a question that may illuminate the situation for me: the water being pumped to the C spool is coming from the bottom of the 5 gall bucket as opposed to an outside rez, so the cd spool has both an air tube and a water line coming into it... Correct?

Thats right Brett, 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. I found the perfect timer for that setup at Petsmart in the fish department for 8 clams. Anything more than 15 minutes could be too much. Could dry the little girls out.
Could you do it 2:45 minutes on and 15 off? I can only find a timer with 8 time sets

IMG_20170502_081936.jpg

just came across this sub forum, im new. Girl scouts 100% organic aquaponic. i've started a grow journal. mac gyver meets marijuana. in 1 of the reply's it said thank your pet store. yes, thank them for the design ideas. build everything your self. air manifolds are easily created with 1/2" pvc. cap both ends drill as many holes as you want air lines, and insert lines. of course you have to have a good air pump. i prefer to use air compressors with storage tanks. try using a thin sponge over your air stone to difuse the air to include more interaction with more of the water. the sponge will create resistance wich will cause the air to be pushed outward and it will also create pressure. forcing minute bubbles of air to be PUSHED into the water. going to a pet store is like going to the ferrari dealership for radiator coolant. i would love to help anyone going aqua, hydro or whatever ya want to call it.

forcing minute bubbles of air to be PUSHED into the water.

Seems like the bulk of the oxygenation occurs at the surface, so you're probably getting a bit of an advantage with smaller - but more - air bubbles; I'm guessing that this "disturbs" a greater portion of your solution's surface area.

i prefer to use air compressors with storage tanks.

You're not worried about oil, rusty (water), or other contaminants from the compressor possibly getting into your nutrient solution?

water trap on the air line eliminates water. as far as moist rust water, air outlets should be at the top of tank. always bleed your tanks to. every air tank has a drain for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom