Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Gasoline isn't exactly good fertilizer either, hope it didn't spill all over your lawn. Do they know you grow?

Gasoline isn't exactly good fertilizer either, hope it didn't spill all over your lawn. Do they know you grow?
No it's not. I actually raised more hell about that than anything. Had to get out a shovel and dig it up outta there and bag it.
No they dont know i grow. I've done a pretty good job getting my neighbors to believe I'm the most uptight conservative they've ever come across. :)

Oh Crap!!!

I just called my buddies at the store and the Algen Extract is $95 a Litre, I was given an alternative of using B-Cuzz bloom stimulator for less than half the cost. Are you familiar with B'cuzz? I would rather have the whole line up but I'm looking at another $165-175 just to get the last 2 bottles and the shooting powder:smokin:

Sucks about the kid next door, why people would do this let alone to a neighbor is beyond me. Good for you for handling it the right way! Not sure I would have gone the same route. I've caught thieves trying to break into our laundry room a couple times in the past year and calling the police never seems to get any action. My GF called 911 cause we had a crazy guy on the property claiming he was God, they never showed up. A few hours later they called her back and asked her if the police were still needed:smokin:
I had a different neighbor refuse to leave my yard one time too. He was'nt crazy though, just drunk and beligerant and was hell bent on urinating on my roses. That was one I handled myself and I dropped him with pepper spray. Then I took the hose to him and sprayed him until he was off my property. That was really funny. Needless to say when he gets drunk now he stays in his yard :grinjoint:

Here's a little breakdown I've done on the cost and use of H&G for an 8 week strain for anybody interested in this line....

Cocos A & B ~ 1L ea @ $17 ea. mixes @ 5-12 mls throughout the grow

Roots Excelurator ~250ml bottle @ $65. mixes @ 1 ml thru veg and up to week 6 of bloom

Algen Extract ~ 250ml bottle $46. mixes @ 1-2 ml per gallon each week of veg only

Multizen ~ 1L @ $36. mixes @ 3.8 mls for weeks 1-3 of bloom only

Bud XL ~ 1L @ $47 mixes @ 3.8 ml for weeks 4-8 of bloom only

Top Booster ~ 500ml bottle @ $17. One time dose of 5.7mls during week 5 of bloom

Shooting Powder ~ $10 per satchet 1-2ml per 25 gallons weeks 6-8 of bloom

Magic Green ~ 250ml @ $22. Foliar Spray mixes @ 5-10ml per gallon and is used every other week

Total initial cost to go to H&G for me is $261. A couple of these bottles i got for free so be sure to ask for samples if considering this move. The prices above also reflect a 15% discount from msrp so also be sure to ask for any discounts...especially for buying the entire line up at one time. Try to avoid paying sticker price at all costs.

My next set of calculations will reflect how long each bottle will last for my grows.

:peace:

Even though we've had issues if the dad would've just asked me for some gas to get to work or to get his other kids to school I would've filled his tank. No need to steal.
Anyways, nothing like a good watch dog that has your back ;)

I feel the same way. I've had people steal from me (even family once) and all I can think is, if you'd just ASK me I'd GIVE you the money or help you somehow. And you know - they know I'm that kind of person, and they steal from me? Hard to understand, isn't it.

Karma - it can be a wonderful thing, or a bitch... He has silver bracelets now - karma in action.

Update time!!

New strains and a new system is in the works!!

The quasi hempy thing is being transformed into diy waterfarms with a controller rez and circulation kit...more details and specifics coming soon...

IMG_18494.JPG

The ebb & flo turbo has been loaded up with youngsters and the LAW mama to be are doing great!
The H&G cocos has been outstanding! I had to relearn a technique on mixing nutes but other than that I could'nt be more happy with the line. It's like plant fairies come each day and change out my plants for bigger and better ones. :)

IMG_18503.JPG

LA Woman young mama

IMG_18511.JPG

Youngsters in chunky coco & airpots. The e&f is flooded 7 times for 15 minutes over a 24 hour period. Nutes are at minimum strength

In here are Blackwater, LAW, Papaya, Bubblelicious, and Cali Hash Plant

Today they will get their first dose of beneficials. Instead of using Plant Succes Great White like H&G recommends I'll be using Plant Success Soluble. Soluble is the same thing as great white, just not as concentrated and not as expensive.

IMG_18523.JPG

:peace:

Every time I check out your journal you always have another project going on:) It definitely makes it interesting.

On a side note I have run into my first issue with the H&G. After mixing my last feeding for the Hulk and OG Kush I balanced after adding a & b and then put in my additives. Everything was fine until I added the MOAB. That shot my ph down to 5.8 :smokin: Needless to say I will be getting the shooting powder to replace the moab. I also ordered the smaller bottle of algen extract and am waiting for it to come in.:yahoo:
Interesting. My feed chart says that the supplements can lower the ph but then it will readjust within a few hours. This threw me off on the first batch I mixed. I thought it was too high and it ended up setting itself right.
The high powered bloom supplements can drop a ph pretty good though...maybe the moab is too much for the base to be able to adjust it back to where it needs to be.
However I'm thinking about going with sp over the bloombastic with the H&G. I can use the bloombastic on some outdoor soil plants later on.
I get the feeling that H&G is precision feeding and that the bases and supplements all work together to trigger different things in the plants at different times of it's life. If we use something not in the H&G plan it might throw the whole plan off. Kinda like if a triathlete decides to go on a McDonalds diet for week the week before a race....
I dont think this is like any other nute line where we can mix and match products for better results than what the manufactuer recommends.

I'm also about to start the Magic Green. This is another tricky one because you only mix what you need otherwise it sours in a day. It also applies right after lights off which is ass backwards to everything else I know...Most foliars spray before or right after lights on
:rollit:

Hey Bandit looks like you're busy as ever! I love plant fairies too!

What's a waterfarm? Is that another name for DWC? I'm always learning something new here every page.

Take care bro :tokin:

I know how much you love free samples so I thought I'd share this with you. I was looking at Humboldt Wholesale website to find another store that has H&G line around me since I was looking for the 500ml Algen Extract. I found a store about 6 miles from me and they had what I was looking for so I went down there. I went in and picked up the Algen Extract and shooting powder and the guy asked if I was growing in soil and did I want any samples. Samples, I love samples and I'll take whatever you're offering. He goes in the back and comes out with a box of GHs General Organics nutes.

The box contains
Bio Thrive Grow 1 pint
Bio Thrive Bloom 1 pint
CaMg+ 8oz
Bio Root 8oz
Bio Weed 8oz
Bio Bud 8oz
Bio Marine 8oz
Diamond Black 8oz
Plus he threw in a bottle of nitrozyme :)

I would have tried this stuff if I hadn't just spent all this $$$ on the H&G. I actually have a box that I keep all the stuff I'm not using. I'm waiting for someone to tell me they want to grow so I can just give them this box of equipment. It has two 125w cfls with hoods and a whole bunch of other items and nutrients. Definitely enough stuff to do a couple grows:)
Very nice score!! I'm a huge fan of the Bio Thrive line....Awesome stuff in soil but I had problems trying to do a hydro organic thing with it. Those issues were more of me trying to do something outside the box rather than the nutes being the problem....the ol it's not the bow and arrow, it's the Indian thing :)

Hey Bandit looks like you're busy as ever! I love plant fairies too!

What's a waterfarm? Is that another name for DWC? I'm always learning something new here every page.

Take care bro :tokin:
Waterfarms are really old school hydroponics. Kinda like dwc except dwc takes the waterfarm and makes it difficult and overly complex. Like they tried to reinvent the wheel by making it oval or something

The basic waterfarm module is either a 5 or 3 gallon bucket filled with hydroton or coco and it nests inside of another 5 gallon bucket. The outter bucket will have about 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of a nute solution in it.
Using an air pump powered special pumping column made by GH, the nute solution is pumped from the bottom bucket up thru the column and thru a drip ring where it will water the plant. The solution goes thru the medium feeding the plant and returns to the bottom bucket where the cycle repeats itself
The concept and parts are so simple yet so effective it's amazing.
The one draw back to a waterfarm is that a mature plant can suck up the 2 1/2 gallons in only a couple days. This is where having an auxiallry rez with a circulating pump comes in handy.
As soon as I have the system built I'll take plenty of pics with diagrams and everything to clarify all of it.
To see the manufactured version of a waterfarm search GH Waterfarm and it will all pop up.
The diy version is much better than what GH sells though. The diy improves the medium container by making round instead of square and nearly double the capacity making more cannabis friendly. I've also improved it by increasing the size of the connection tubing from 1/2" to 1" making recirculation, draining, and replenishing go much faster and more effective.

Very nice score!! I'm a huge fan of the Bio Thrive line....Awesome stuff in soil but I had problems trying to do a hydro organic thing with it. Those issues were more of me trying to do something outside the box rather than the nutes being the problem....the ol it's not the bow and arrow, it's the Indian thing :)

Waterfarms are really old school hydroponics. Kinda like dwc except dwc takes the waterfarm and makes it difficult and overly complex. Like they tried to reinvent the wheel by making it oval or something

The basic waterfarm module is either a 5 or 3 gallon bucket filled with hydroton or coco and it nests inside of another 5 gallon bucket. The outter bucket will have about 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of a nute solution in it.
Using an air pump powered special pumping column made by GH, the nute solution is pumped from the bottom bucket up thru the column and thru a drip ring where it will water the plant. The solution goes thru the medium feeding the plant and returns to the bottom bucket where the cycle repeats itself
The concept and parts are so simple yet so effective it's amazing.
The one draw back to a waterfarm is that a mature plant can suck up the 2 1/2 gallons in only a couple days. This is where having an auxiallry rez with a circulating pump comes in handy.
As soon as I have the system built I'll take plenty of pics with diagrams and everything to clarify all of it.
To see the manufactured version of a waterfarm search GH Waterfarm and it will all pop up.
The diy version is much better than what GH sells though. The diy improves the medium container by making round instead of square and nearly double the capacity making more cannabis friendly. I've also improved it by increasing the size of the connection tubing from 1/2" to 1" making recirculation, draining, and replenishing go much faster and more effective.

I've been using Waterfarms and love them. There's a good description of how they work with pics starting at this page including links to the DIY kit:

DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

I've been using Waterfarms and love them. There's a good description of how they work with pics starting at this page including links to the DIY kit:

DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!
Nice!!
I've always been a fan of the waterfarm. Just good reliable systems that get the job done.
I've also used them outside with peppers & tomatos with great results.
Do you have several plugged in together or are they individual systems?

Nice!!
I've always been a fan of the waterfarm. Just good reliable systems that get the job done.
I've also used them outside with peppers & tomatos with great results.
Do you have several plugged in together or are they individual systems?

I've got two of the Waterfarm "Complete" systems. My cab is basically 2'x4' that's broken into roughly a 2'x2' veg side and a 2'x2' flower side, and was originally going to only flower one plant at-a-time. If I had 3+ Waterfarms (and the room!), I'd highly recommend going with the recirculating system.

A side note is that the Complete systems can be converted to the recirculting systems with another low-cost kit.

I've seen a grower who regularly pulls 10+ oz. off a single plant using Waterfarms. He does a long veg and grows trees!

I've got two of the Waterfarm "Complete" systems. My cab is basically 2'x4' that's broken into roughly a 2'x2' veg side and a 2'x2' flower side, and was originally going to only flower one plant at-a-time. If I had 3+ Waterfarms (and the room!), I'd highly recommend going with the recirculating system.

A side note is that the Complete systems can be converted to the recirculting systems with another low-cost kit.

I've seen a grower who regularly pulls 10+ oz. off a single plant using Waterfarms. He does a long veg and grows trees!

Here's a pic of my first diy circulation rez made from a modified waterfarm plumbing kit and the bottom part of a waterfarm controller rez. This was for a small 2 plant trial system...
The next controller rez will be made from an old freebie power grower controller rez for a larger capacity.

000_04021.JPG

000_04391.JPG

Disregard the cables in the rez...those are ppm & ph probes

And here's the two plant waterfarm system it controlled...

000_04291.JPG

I love catching up on this grow. Always good conversation and great projects and not based entirely on the harvest, but the projects building up to harvest.

Really great work. I am definitely excited to see how the H&G works. I have a friend who is trying to convince me to use it. But he disagrees with most of the line and is convinced that the kiss method using only COCO A+B and bud xl in straight coco, is the way to go. For exactly the reason you stated about House and Garden being precision nutes.

ALso love the DIY hydro setups. Id like to try hydro but with the shelves only being 3ft tall, i would have to modify it to be a short broad bucket. which would be hard if possible? Im gunna prolly end up PM you to ask for some help as i havnt every built or done hydro before.
Good work sir. +reps if i can

Hey Bandit - great stuff as always! Love the Waterfarm info - I'm still planning and figuring for upgrading my space, hopefully this summer. Info like this really adds to my pool of knowledge. Thanks brother!

Oh, and Mr. Krip - great visual on the Waterfarm, too. Love it!

Hey bandit. I remember asking you before about the digigro coco ppm controller.
What im trying to figure out. Is with that, how do you work it with the fans.
Do you set the fans on a timer, just to keep your temps constant. (say on for 15 minutes every 45 minutes or an hour? or any other time example). Im trying to figure out what equipment im going to need to
1. get a good system that controls my co2 ppm.
2.get a system that doesnt drain my co2 by keeping it on when the fans are on to keep it at 1500.
3. wont drain my entire bank account.

from what you have said. i am definitely interested in that system. for the money, and from what i have read about the product. especially the combo with the regulator. seems the best deal around on a co2 controller.. i plan on hooking it up to a cap air-4 system most likely after my first harvest.
but any help you could offer would be magical.

Back
Top Bottom