Hydro dripper question - Perlite & clay pebbles?

HigherTheHigh

currently running 4 pot wilma systems with clay pebbles.

going to run 7l pots next but im thinking of putting 2 inches of clay pebbles in the bottom then filling the remaining with perlite, any oppinions on this?

re: Hydro dripper question - Perlite & clay pebbles?

I'll guess that you get more oxygen to the roots with hydroton just because there are bigger gaps. I have no idea if that would be very significant. It sounds like you have just the setup for a great experiment:
All hydroton
All perlite
Half and half
Something else...

thanks for the reply buddy!

so do you think the methods would be worthy or not? or think i should just stick to clay pepples?

the reason im asking is iv got a about half a 25L of clay pebbles left and nearly a full bag of perlite.

It's fun, interesting, and useful to try stuff, so why not? I think just about any root matrix will work in a hydro system, so it's not like you're gonna do damage, and you might learn something useful. If you do, please be sure to share it.

I had a bunch of extra pebbles too, but they got used up in the bottoms of flower pots on the deck--great drainage layer at the bottom of a pot.

It's fun, interesting, and useful to try stuff, so why not? I think just about any root matrix will work in a hydro system, so it's not like you're gonna do damage, and you might learn something useful. If you do, please be sure to share it.

I had a bunch of extra pebbles too, but they got used up in the bottoms of flower pots on the deck--great drainage layer at the bottom of a pot.

im still undecided yet, going to ring my local hydro shop in the morning and ask there oppinion too.

yeah the reason im putting clay pebbles in the bottom is to stop the perlite falling through and extra drainage.

Back
Top Bottom