Hydro ferts in soil?

As I understand, hydroponic nutrients contain micro-nutrients and trace elements in the mix along with the necessary macro nutrients. Usually the plant would derive these from the soil but in a hydro system they need to be given in liquid form.

So, depending on your soil mix it may end up with an overabundance of micro-nutrients (iron, cobalt, chromium, copper, iodine, manganese, selenium, zinc) because the plant is extracting it from both the soil and the fertilizers you are using. This may create an imbalance. I would say the thrive alive is safe to use because it is just Vitamin B1, but I would be wary of the others.

I have a good understanding of growing in soil, but hydroponics is not my area of expertise. If any hydro gardeners have some alternate advice for User, please feel free to correct me.

my soil is a basic cheapy potting soil then i mix about 1/3 decomposed manure, some fairly good compost mix, perlite and a bit of bonemeal.

i water about every third day. i mist them with water & a bit of african violet bloom stuff. i have 2 bottles of the b-1. one is green and the other is red. it says that the green one is good as a folar spray for cuttings. i might try that but i'll probably wait for some more feedback before i do anything.

thanks RooRman

Superthrive contains Vitamin B1 and Thamine, which are great for young plants, stressed plants, and preventing transplant shock. The Thrive Alive seems to be similar and thus would not be restricted to hydroponics only.

thanks guys. i only had one of my grapefruit seeds do anything, 1 outa 10, its a healthy little seedling. i have 8 california big bud seedlings and 20 midi bag seed clones. outa 20 of the bag seed plants i lost 5 of them to mice and one that they knawed pretty bad, but it lived but last week it keeled over so thats why i have 20 clones of it. i ended up with 3 females on of which was the knawed one. one of them was growing into the light so i bent in over and it looks like about 6 plants a buncha buds popping out all along its length. my goal is to grow enough to get me through the winter without needing to grow because i had a very difficult time with temp control last winter.

i tried the water cure on some of the leaf from the female and its easier to smoke than just dried leaf. i don't think i'd like it for buds, but if your gonna smoke some leaf while waiting for buds its seems like the way to go.

whats up with grapefruit i had a hard time with it before =(

stuff is kinda wierd tasting anyways too grapefruity, needs sugar lol

its doing better than the big bud seedlings

i'd take some pics today but i need my wheelchair to get to the grow room and its raining, raining, raining..... power chairs don't like getting wet. i hate not checking on things every day. maybe the rain will stop later.

ok, i'm back. what a day. as soon as i went out the door a butterfly landed on my leg and rode with me for about 20 ft. then sorta buzzed me for about another 50 feet. i have on a really bright tie dye t and it was probably all the color attracting it. anyway, i took some pics and posted then in this thread...
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/currently-cave.65969/
I figured why double post um' :cool:

Back
Top Bottom