Hydro grow DWC - How to start my seeds?

allsurvivor

So I have everything set up for my FIRST hydro grow. I have a 2'x3'x6' grow box, insulated, with a 4in inline fan, carbon filter and a Blackdog microU LED grow light.

I have a 50L (approx 13-14 gal) reservoir with 6 3" net pots using hydroton for my grow medium. I'm planning on using Jungle Juice nutes.

It seems I have all my grow equipment almost set but I haven't been so successful on how to start my seeds. I know I want to use rockwool because I feel it would be easiest to transfer with the hydroton, but I don't know how to start the seeds themselves after I germinate them.

Do I put the germinated seeds into the rockwool in a pot or something? Then transfer when I start seeing roots spouting through?

I've heard there have been problems with keeping the seedlings moist? Is there a way I can keep them hydrated without having to add water by hand constantly?

Remember this is my first hydro grow. I have grown in soil, but after the seed was germinated I would just put it into the soil and keep the humidity high and water it lightly daily until it sprouted.

Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey

Sorry to hijack the post but I didn't want to make a new one when there was already a thread about my problem.

I am on my FIRST grow and have done a lot of planning and prep.
I have my list of what I need
I have read the grow bible several times
Watch countless videos
Which makes me feel really stupid because I still don't understand the process after the seed as germinated.

So i know that after i germinate i must place into a medium such as rockwool cubes, cover the top and water every few days. My question is where to place the rockool cube if growing hydroponics?

I'm using a dwc system and I am trying to work out what I do with my seedling until its ready for the bucket system?
Every method I have seen people use leads me to believe there is no space for the roots to come out the bottom
I know this is something I should already know but its one of the last remaining topics that is confusing me.

I wish I could find an all in one kit for this stage of the grow!!

Back
Top Bottom