hydro grow forming white mold?

hello everyone I am growing these cherry pie x GDP in 6x6" grow dan cubes. giving them Gen. hydro's floramicro n floragrow. I have them under a 600W bulb. I failed to put the lids on for the first two weeks and started to notice the green was forming bad. so I put the lids on them hoping the light would not form mold. and sure thing within a week I got this white stuff. can anyone please help me with a cure. not sure if I should spray bottle some diluted peroxide on the cubes... [avoiding the plants, and not enough to densly saturate the cube] or if there is another solution.

also should I remove the lids now from all the rest of my grow to stop future mold....?
IMG_005847.JPG
IMG_005743.JPG
IMG_005647.JPG
IMG_005555.JPG

Re: hydro grow forming white mold...?

I would use a diluted 3% peroxide spray and mist the tops of the blocks.
The green is Algae forming on the tops of the blocks, this is common with oopen Rockwool slabs/blocks, im assuming the white powdery mildew is forming after you covered up the blocks because of the Algae. Whats your air circulation like? How are you feeding?

yes it started forming after the tops were placed on. I feed them regularly in the morning and in the midnight range. and they have a 4" can fan working the small room. im thinking also that the cold slab of concrete that is open on the flooring of the room is holding moisture. temp changes here in norcal are not soooo nice.

Try the diluted peroxide spray I suggested. I would feed/water then wait ten minutes and then treat the Algae and Mildew by misting the top of the blocks, have a peak down the side to see if the white mildew has travelled down the side. If so, spray as well. Repeat this every day for 7 days (only using the peroxide spray once a day) and I would bet it will practically be all gone by then.
Also, until you get this under control leave the block caps off and get a small fan blowing a light breeze across the tops of the blocks. This will prevent further growth.

Back
Top Bottom