Hydro NFT - 600W - Super Skunk White Label

BullyGase

Greetings fellow reader.

I bid you welcome in my grow room. I hope you will enjoy and why not, satisfy your eventual curiosity about my setup

The Strain: Super Skunk

-Mostly indica this strain should provide me robust and fast growing and flowering plants

Breeder: White Label Feminised obtained via sensi seeds website

-First time I directly try Sensi seeds site. worked perfectly well and got my seeds delivered somewhere in france within 15 days. Perfect to get my groThe Setup

Lighting:

600 Watts MH and HPS Grolux bulbs powered by ETI 600W ballasts. I use the Metal Halyde during veg phase and High Pressure Sodium during flowering phase.

Whichever bulb is hosted by a Mini HydroStar 125 Cooled Reflector so I can really have the lamp close to the apex.
SAM_01533.jpg

Air circulation:

The bulbs are cooled by a 365 m3/h RVK thats sucks the hot air produced at the lamp out of the grow room and sends it to my living room. Hence no need to turn the heater in winter. I really thinks thats cool :p I made up a silencer around the RVK (on the right) so I can sleep just fine :Namaste: To freshen the grow room an active intrake (on the left) sucks air right from outside (at the top) and and filters it prior sending it towards the plants during light time. The filter is also homemade with wadder inside.
SAM_01453.jpg

The air coming out of the grow space is filtered through a carbon filter placed as high as possible to remove the heat from the grow space.
SAM_01462.jpg

This setup allows me to get rid of the heat in summer and reverse it in winter to warm my flat.

Growing system

GroTank 205 my classic. I love the simplicity of this system and have produced weed with it for almost a decade.
For those whom dont know about it it is a hydro recirculating system. Plants are grown in rockwool and put on a nutrient film (NFT) that allow an ever distribution of water to plants. Water circulates through a little water pump in the reservoir under the plants. Its the most compact and economic setup I grew with.

To grow cannabis you just have to make sure the PH oscillate between 5.5 and 6.0. I usually tweak it at 5.7 to give some margin. And fertilize correctly. I increase 0.1 EC per week and keep the ratio between the products as manufacturers advises.

To help the plants during veg state I also use a mist maker 24/7

Fertilizers: France Hydroponic full pack containing:

SAM_01494.jpg

Rhyzomass
A+B grow
A+B flow
PK fury
Bud excell
Sugar Crystal

In complement I use:
Supervit
Diamond Nectar

The seeds put direclty in rockwool. They sprouted in two days, on 27th jan. under a 125W eco light. No need to tell that the rockwool was tamponed with a 5.7 ph water. When turning on the watts I usually put the reflector way far of the plants so the babies can be safe. after a few days I drop the reflector to 40cm and today at 15cm.

I changed the sauce with a 0.7 EC and 5.7 PH today since I am sure they will do just fine with it. They will keep on like that for 4 days then I will go 12/12.

It looks like this:

SAM_01353.jpg

SAM_01363.jpg

SAM_01374.jpg

SAM_01416.jpg

SAM_01474.jpg

The cold air is coming right above the mist maker. Blowing the mist gently on all the plants. The cold air is only pumped when light are on the the T° doesn't drop at night; The towel is watered and provide humidity to the air while drying. It also help to keep the grow room clean :p

Feel free to give any love or hate to this post.

Peace from france.

Hello OEF, Nismo. Thanks for the love! Please, sit confortably.

Well hopefully I'll find a nice pheno and keep it alive for several grows!

It's the first time I use this brand of fertilizer. It's a bit expensive but I can't get my hand on my prefered products. B'Cuzz. It worked so great. always around 1g/W. They can't sell in France anymore so I tried metrop for quite some time. Metrop worked great and it's not very expensive. But I always find the product difficult to dose properly. The product MR1 or MR2 consistently made huge crystals. Making it even more difficult to dose properly with a little seringe. Also, I'm not sure I was able to properly flush metrop off my plants.

I figure I'd post my fertilizing plan, in case any other grower want to have feedback on this brand. France Hydroponique. It's the first time I use it as well and couldn't find appropriate grow journals so I thought I'd share my test here. Also, having a daily/weekly update will provide a nice journal for me to read later, to improve my further use of this fertilizer and grasp its full potential or change!

If any person have a feedback to put on France hydoponique use, do not hesitate an instant :)

The temperature has been going steady: 22°Celcius day/night. I'm very happy about it because I usually had heat problems. But I changed my used up reflector for a new one. A better one. More fitting into my space and with better reflective capabilities. The reflector windows is also nicely designed and provide better seal for better cooling performances.

Real advice to all here. Be of extreme caution when manipulating reflector glasses or else.

The on going fertilizing plan:
jdc.png

Peace

Im impressed how many plants have u put on this tank. I wish u all the best and will subscribe your journal. I've got 2 the sane tanks and four plants in flip already. Take care mate

Sent from my HTC One M8s using 420

Hello Cropek.

Well, I think that 8 plants in a GT 205 is appropriate for SOG. The thing is you see my space isn't full. That's because it was a pain in the ass to take care of 2 GT205 in that space. Especially about water gestion. The GT in the back isn't accessible easily.

Here are some examples of my previous grow using NFT systems in SOG. For example, GT205's brother, the GT410 with 15 seeds (some didn't make it):
DSC_0002101.JPG
DSC_002171.JPG
DSC_003748.JPG
DSC_004442.JPG
DSC_005143.JPG
DSC_005241.JPG
DSC_009635.JPG

Resulting in different qualities of resin:
DSC_10607.JPG

And nice buds:
DSC_10335.JPG
DSC_10313.JPG
DSC_10323.JPG

Another example with blue berries and NFT:
SL370185.JPG
SL370188.JPG

These blueberries got me 920g of nice dryed weed under 2x600W HPS 8 years ago.

To get back on your subject Cropek, NFT can accept a hight concentration of plants. As well as only 1 huge plant. It only depends on the way you want to grow. How long you want it to last. I supposed you will stay in veg stage longer than me bro!

In SOG, you'll notice that veg state is very short since you have a lot of plants. But since I need more banches to fill my space I jsut topped my babies. Then I will switch to 12/12 (as soon as I see the plants getting back on their "roots"). I plan on leaving no more than 4 or 5 branches each. Which give me 30 to 40 nice buds. Also, the benefit of SOG is that the plants won't be very high, providing buds on to the "ground".

Todays topping:
SAM_01551.JPG

Vitals are stable. 90%+ hygro. 22°C. EC 0.7 and PH re-adjusted to 5.7

Thanks for lesson. never to much experience especially nft is something new for me but already found it as wonderful grow method. Good luck bro.

Hellow fellow reader.

Todays update consists of re adapting the PH. it keeps going up. It might be due to the chlorine in the water which when evaporates rise the PH.

2 plants are slightly yellowing. As my old mist maker died it might be due to heat. Or I should rise the EC because theses two are "gourmandes".

According to the manufacturer the plants need an EC of 1 during first week, 1.3 during week 2 and 2 during week 3. I think thats bullshit and would only burn the plants...Also, testing the provided dosage my EC is way higher than expected by the manufacturer, by a factor 2. Ands thats taking into account my base EC (0.3)

I put a little bit more distance between the lamp and the apexes as well as increase the EC to .94 as its time for the plants to have a boost. I just hope I wont have salady plants by tomorrow but given the size of the skunks it should be just fine.

Well all see soon anyway :)

SAM_01575.jpg
SAM_01.jpg

Peace

Nice clean set up you've got going there. Plants look happy as well.

+ reps

Hello fellow reader. Welcome Blaze :)

My fear was justified. It didn't really shoiw up on previous pictures but I noticed it when I topped the plants. Plants are kranky and look like they have a Fe or Boron deficiency. T° is 22-23, hygro is low (45%) since my mist died . EC is .90. PH 5.55. It started as a paleness coming on new sprouts, leaves. Getting yellow from the center toward the edge of the leave. With greens nerves. I hoped it was just because well, "new sprouts", not really dark green you know. But by the next day it continued.

It's getting worse day by day. This should totally not happen since I'm using the full brand with an extra supervit. I cleaned the Grotank and started with a new sauce, just in case. My PH is still rising a lot and it could have been the reason why plants are not well.

PH-and-cannabis.jpg

Credits philosopherseeds.com for the pic

The thing is, my ph was never higher than 7 and mostly at 6.2 when I re adjust it. So I can't buy the Fe deficiency. No way.

Here's how it looks:

SAM_01582.JPG

SAM_01645.JPG

The issue can't either be related to my topping since the plant not topped shows the symptom as well. Unfortunately, during moving stuff, she was a collateral... :( So I'm down to 7 plants strongly stunned. I hope they will get back on their feet or I'll have to start over.

Then I remembered the PVC "legend". Inducing chlorosis and totally stunning plants. Which is no legend at all since 2 friends of mine were its victims (irony is I made the diagnosys on these 2 cases, the plants ended well). I strongly suspect the PVC hose to induce a PVC vapor syndrome. It's the first time I use these. I usually have the regular aluminium hose. I had security concerns using these PVC on high T° lamps. I had this "smell", udescribable, but very chemical, going on since I turned on my HID but secretly hoped it wouldn't do shit to the plants. Clearly I was wrong. So today I replaced all PVC connected to a warm source by aluminium hoses.

SAM_01635.JPG

The plants will really really have trouble getting back on their feet. I think they'll be stunned for at least a week. Even new growth are totally yellow. It's so sad :( And as the plant are little it could be fatal.

Need some love over here! And perhaps, hope from people having little plants in that shape continue their grow after a while :)

Peace.

Yeah, that is troubling. Especially at their tender age. I'm always nervous for the first 3 weeks of life, as the seedlings are so fragile for those first few weeks. I've never grown in full hydro, so I can't really comment on the pvc piping. Can you maybe take a closer photo of the issue. A little tough to see exactly what is going on. Are the veins on the leaves a dark colour?

I've never grown in full hydro, so I can't really comment on the pvc piping.
Well, it's not piping. And not really PVC. It's plastic material. It smells bad. It's to connect reflector to extraction. For the air circulation.

As for a description. The veins are still green.

SAM_01682.JPG
SAM_01672.JPG
SAM_01661.JPG
SAM_01652.JPG

I also might have bleached the little plants by setting the reflector too close for these younglings.

I've done everything that could be done. Now it's just about waiting and maintaining optimal climate.

https://www.------------.com/7-step-remedy#step7-picture-guide-problems
Check magnesium deficiency!!
I would add mono magnesium and calcium . That obviously increase ec but I wouldn't worry. The same happened to my plants but my showed more calcium deficiency. I added mono calcium from canna and magnesium but didn't check ec cos it was during break at work. When I returned home in one tank ec was nearly 3 and in second one 2,7 . Plants had this soup for a few hours and evening changed res for ec 1,4.

I agree with cropek. Those rust spots look like it could be calcium deficiency, and it looks like the veins are turning darker which would indicate magnesium. Maybe hit them with some calmag.

Hello fellow reader.

Well, nothing is changing. Meaning it's not getting worse.

Thanks for the link Cropek. I already dug into it the other day.

It's difficult to diagnose because my plants are showing pultiple deficiencies. The one that correspond the most is the Manganese deficiency indeed. "the yellowing will begin at the base of the leave and move outwards towards the tips".

The thing is affected part of the plant won't recover. I think my plants are already dead :(

Back
Top Bottom