Hydro nutes in soil

MWJ420

420 Member
My current grow began with Chem dog and Mazar in dwc using AN nutes. However I was not able to keep my res temps consistently within range and my seedlings were definately showing it. So I transferred them to soil. I have been giving them some gh flora base nutes I had left from a prior grow using the drain to waste schedule. I have a couple questions. ..AN nutes or the GH? Order some organic bloom nuts for the swap to flower? And how often do I feed the hydro nutes. Now I water, water feed. They are healthy. I have been using hydro but my chiller went bad . I have no experience with soil and hydro nutes. I will be topping the other two, and transplanting them all to final pots today . any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2e07084a0602a39a885369a07a2dd6e0.jpg
    2e07084a0602a39a885369a07a2dd6e0.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 72d6624d697ba5cf4171e55fa85d4154.jpg
    72d6624d697ba5cf4171e55fa85d4154.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 200
  • add715cee9888594bebc121840418096.jpg
    add715cee9888594bebc121840418096.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 198
My current grow began with Chem dog and Mazar in dwc using AN nutes. However I was not able to keep my res temps consistently within range and my seedlings were definately showing it. So I transferred them to soil. I have been giving them some gh flora base nutes I had left from a prior grow using the drain to waste schedule. I have a couple questions. ..AN nutes or the GH? Order some organic bloom nuts for the swap to flower? And how often do I feed the hydro nutes. Now I water, water feed. They are healthy. I have been using hydro but my chiller went bad . I have no experience with soil and hydro nutes. I will be topping the other two, and transplanting them all to final pots today . any suggestions?

Plants look great.

> ..AN nutes or the GH?
Either should work fine. Me, I'd save AN pH Perfect nutes for hydro since they seem to excel at that from what I've read here.

> Order some organic bloom nuts for the swap to flower?
Sure, if you like organic. But AN and GH will go all the way to flower no prob. More/different is not better.

> And how often do I feed the hydro nutes. Now I water, water feed.
GH's website has a drain to waste feed schedule for using the plants in soil. I use GH nutes for everything--hydro, coco, houseplants, vegetables. Despite the marketing hype, it's all just NPK + trace elements.

> any suggestions?
Based on your photos, keep doing what you're doing. And do the basics--lots of light, temp control, don't overwater, air circulation, etc.

Plants look great.

> ..AN nutes or the GH?
Either should work fine. Me, I'd save AN pH Perfect nutes for hydro since they seem to excel at that from what I've read here.

> Order some organic bloom nuts for the swap to flower?
Sure, if you like organic. But AN and GH will go all the way to flower no prob. More/different is not better.

> And how often do I feed the hydro nutes. Now I water, water feed.
GH's website has a drain to waste feed schedule for using the plants in soil. I use GH nutes for everything--hydro, coco, houseplants, vegetables. Despite the marketing hype, it's all just NPK + trace elements.

> any suggestions?
Based on your photos, keep doing what you're doing. And do the basics--lots of light, temp control, don't overwater, air circulation, etc.
Thanks, basically I've just been nervous changing from my dwc to soil. I feel it was the only option since my res temp s were either too cold or too warm. ( I will be replacing my chiller asap!) And they were small enough to actually do the change without affecting them much. I do actually have blood meal, Bone meal, lime, and Epsom salt that I use outdoors. I just did not know the best plan for fertilizing since I had not actually planned for this. Sticking with gut GH decision seems to be wiggling so I do agree. Thanks for the input! I will update

I'm using AN pH perfect MGB in soil. The AN people told me to use about 1/4 strength to start, and work my way up. I had been using 1/2, but had problems, so I emailed them. Honestly, I now use .5ml/l, and haven't had any issues. I'm also using organic soil, so it's a bit hot, already.

Back
Top Bottom