Hydro vs soil what are the ups and downs of them

sanjose

ok i have grown hydro alot so i do have some experience with it but a few of my friends are telling me it is better to grow in soil i dont know anything about soil if some one can please tell me the pros and cons of soil i would appreciate it thank you oh and also i know if you grow outdoor you can get an amazing yield but is is possible to grow hydro outdoors in a green house and mybe double the yield
thanx
408 UrBaN GrOwEr 100% $tr8*$tr@pped
:peacetwo:

I've never grown in hydro, I'm a soil guy. I can, therefore, only give you my experience with soil. Soil is much cheaper than hydro and takes much less time to maintain. I'm the kind of guy that wants to plant my girls and check on them once every couple days or so. From what I know about hydro, you have to constantly be there to monitor what's going on.

This is what I do. I build my own organic soil and then add OC+ to it. It takes a while to mix everything together but after the girls are planted, all I basically have to do is water them a couple times a week!! I do supplement with compost teas and seaweed extract but I don't really NEED to do it. I just believe that it helps with the taste. Soil is also a little bit more forgiving than hydro in that if you make a mistake, the soil will buffer that mistake. With hydro, if you make a mistake it doesn't take long to lose your entire crop.

Cons: soil attract bugs more so than hydro. Also, if you make any mistakes with soil (such as pH being off), it takes a while to correct it. With hydro, you just change the solution and you're back on track. There is also a chance that the soil you might buy at the store is not sterilized and you might bring in pests into your grow room.

Hope this helps

I've never grown in hydro, I'm a soil guy. I can, therefore, only give you my experience with soil. Soil is much cheaper than hydro and takes much less time to maintain. I'm the kind of guy that wants to plant my girls and check on them once every couple days or so. From what I know about hydro, you have to constantly be there to monitor what's going on.

This is what I do. I build my own organic soil and then add OC+ to it. It takes a while to mix everything together but after the girls are planted, all I basically have to do is water them a couple times a week!! I do supplement with compost teas and seaweed extract but I don't really NEED to do it. I just believe that it helps with the taste. Soil is also a little bit more forgiving than hydro in that if you make a mistake, the soil will buffer that mistake. With hydro, if you make a mistake it doesn't take long to lose your entire crop.

Cons: soil attract bugs more so than hydro. Also, if you make any mistakes with soil (such as pH being off), it takes a while to correct it. With hydro, you just change the solution and you're back on track. There is also a chance that the soil you might buy at the store is not sterilized and you might bring in pests into your grow room.

Hope this helps

That is a prescription for a successful soil grow. I'm a soil guy too and I agree with everything HempRochet says.

Soil has made my first grow VERY easy and fun. I won't grow hydro as it's too much work.

I might even go OC next grow and make it even easier.

:Namaste:

thanx for the info this helps but also just curious some one told me soil can give my bud a dirt flavor is this true or those people dont know what there talking about :thanks:

Actually, everything else being equal, I prefer the taste of bud that is grown in soil. The guy that told you this obviously has never grown MJ before.

Agreed..actually some of the shittiest tasting pot I've ever smoked was grown hydro and probably not cured well..

Metally taste although the high was stoney, I threw it away cause it taste like crap.

That's not to say that great tasting weed cannot be grown in hydro cause it can.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom