Hydroguard alternative

Good Job, Steve. I’ll check that one out. I actually found some aquashield in the country last week, or at least I thought I did. Ordered, paid, and then a week later the order was mysteriously refunded. The company doesn’t seem to answer emails so I guess it being for sale in the first place was just imaginary. ..

Good Job, Steve. I’ll check that one out. I actually found some aquashield in the country last week, or at least I thought I did. Ordered, paid, and then a week later the order was mysteriously refunded. The company doesn’t seem to answer emails so I guess it being for sale in the first place was just imaginary. ..

I found a site to order hydroguard from the states. Shipped across border no issue. Wasn’t that cheap but I figured I’d order it. Wish I found the z9 existed before hand but oh wel.

My local hydro store gave me 2 bottles of hydro ' shield' . I threw some in at water changes until I bought rapid start.
.I paid thru the nose importing Hydroguard ( saving for next grow) but I think ..'rapid start ' is also a good root builder in Dwc, ... keep up on your water changes for shizle. :)

I use peroxide. I picked this habit up like 12 years ago somewhere and I always put a few drops to a capfull depending on how much water the res holds. It usually keeps the roots super white and healthy.
Been pondering your use of h2o2 in aeroponic culture buckets,and have used h2o2 as a sterile spray and in an early attempt at cloning in a 5 gal bucket with submersible pump splashing a sterile mix with h2o2 but still got stem rot and wilting,plus slim from pump heat..cooler now in Canada so giving it another shot.
Have one clone on the go now a few days,in a modded yogurt cup and a cube of rockwool.
Can you estimate the amount of hydrogen peroxide 3% volume required to maintain a sterile mix?
Are you adding any newts ? I plan on moving to soil as per root appearance

Hey Herby Green that guy hasn’t been on the forum for three years now.

I could never keep the slime away with any amount of peroxide. Eventually I got some Z7 (Z9 in Canada) and never looked back.
What guy?

Ya kool,
I wonder whats in it ?
Prices are cheap in Ca but 4 times in other countries.
I deciphered text saying it stabilizes an cleanses surfaces preventing gu adhesion to tubing and res walls.
First use this week for me
Clouded my tank covered in tin foil,but no slim visible,must be breaking it down for flush.
I wonder if it affects ph,found zip on that vital issue.

I know this is an old post but if anybody from Canada stumbles upon this like I did, and you can’t find z7 anywhere it’s because flying skull makes a Canadian only version called z9.
Ya Flying Skull has detailed articles on it

Tin foil? What are you using that for? Rockwool is also a thing of the past. I sure don't miss it! All you need for clones is a neoprene clone collars and a bucket with a sprayer, tap water and Z7 or Z9. If you are planting seeds then use rapid rooters. Rockwool sucks on many levels. Z7 and Z9 break down the salts and keep everything clean. I have not had to wash a bucket or clay pebbles for years. Less is more. All I use is tap water,nutrients and Z7. That is all that is needed. I learned that the hard way a long time ago.

All you need for clones is

Any fluffy aerated medium works well for cloning. I used to use coco, but the last couple years I’ve mostly used perlite. Same method either way. A tray of it about 4 “deep, soak it with water/Z9 to saturation, plant the cuttings in there after a little cloning gel, and basically --come back in a week or ten days. Because of evaporation depending on your climate you may have to add a little water before they root. I hardly ever do. Also, I never do the dome/misting thing but it might be necessary in dry places.

I use the aerocloner sometimes too but it’s a bit more trouble- cleaning all the parts between runs so that crap doesn’t clog the sprayers. Does a nice job though.

#1 Prevent light from entering your reservoir and no issues will occur.

#2 if issues still persist then use a water treatment (H2O2, H2O2+silver, for a natural alternative cietecbio)

It’s a two-part thing. They don’t publish the ingredients but as far as I can figure out one part is a beneficial bacteria and enzymes. The other one seems to be a saponin. I’m very happy with it

Back
Top Bottom