Hydroponic growing for dummies

donnaj

Hi, I'm new here an I have no growing equipment at all but I want to know how to start..like how to grow cannabis hydroponic for dummies...and a very small set-up. I'm a 57yr old female and I have lupus,fibromyalgia,insomnia,restless leg syndrome, and a few others and I usually purchase mine, its not legal in ga. I just want to grow some for my own medical conditions and living with chronic pain. I hope someone will bother to write it down for me I sure would appreciate it, thank you and have a Good day. :thanks:

Hi Donna

Why dont you try 5 gallon bubble buckets

Parts:

1-5 gallon bucket (black)
1-6 inch net pot - You can buy these at any hydro store
Hydrotron - Clay pellets
Rock wool - For your seeds or clones
1-Decent air pump to add oxygen to your water
1-airstone and air tubing
Nutrients for your plants
Ph meter
ppm meter

You will also need lights and an area to grow in. You can use cfl's, T5 florescent, led or HID lights. All have there pros and cons. Look on the forum for more information. It seems like a lot of stuff to get started but it really isn't. Just do your homework and you'll be fine

Donna - Welcome to 420!

I think the only way to accurately answer your question will be to know your estimated budget and the size area you have to work with.

Might I suggest doing a google on "grow tent kits" as a starting point? This will give you an idea about components for an entry-level grow.

A small grow cabinet is also a good option especially if you or friend/family is handy with a few tools and have some materials laying around.

Hope this helps.

JASPL:peace:

Donnaj, why don't you go fake soil like wp30 pro...nutes are cheap and the plants need less maintenance and are more tolerant of mistakes. If you are still inclined to hydro, there is a movie ..Cannabis Cultivation - I grow chronic - How to grow pot. Simple, straight forward and makes things look easy :)
[video=google;-6985232172273655970]Cannabis Cultivation - I Grow Chronic (How To grow Pot)[/video]
I grow in soil and I refer back to this guy.

Hope what ever way you go is successful.

Grassy

I’ve been growing in soil and switching to DWC I’m using 5 gallen buckets 400watt hps light and 3 mars hydro 300 wat lights for the nuts im using flora series and Espen salt and EcoPlus air pump 795gph do I need anything else like nuts to prevent root rot? Or any else I’m missing and does anyone have any pointer to give me I would appreciate it thanks

I’ve been growing in soil and switching to DWC I’m using 5 gallen buckets 400watt hps light and 3 mars hydro 300 wat lights for the nuts im using flora series and Espen salt and EcoPlus air pump 795gph do I need anything else like nuts to prevent root rot? Or any else I’m missing and does anyone have any pointer to give me I would appreciate it thanks

Hydroguard for root health. pH, ec/ppm meters, pH up & down.

Hydroponic Gardening

Ebb n flow just a 4 by 3 feet tub at walmart some rocks, pot with holes, couple of air stones for oxygen, ph and tds meter and voila all u need now is a good set of nutes and a good light

Hi, I'm new here an I have no growing equipment at all but I want to know how to start..like how to grow cannabis hydroponic for dummies...and a very small set-up. I'm a 57yr old female and I have lupus,fibromyalgia,insomnia,restless leg syndrome, and a few others and I usually purchase mine, its not legal in ga. I just want to grow some for my own medical conditions and living with chronic pain. I hope someone will bother to write it down for me I sure would appreciate it, thank you and have a Good day. :thanks:
Hello. Welcome to the community. Im not very experienced, half way through my first indoor grow. I went big and wished I didn't put so much pressure on myself.
I'm on my hour bus ride home so I Will give my opinion what will be easiest and rewarding.

Firstly I recommend automatic plants
They grow in half the time as the rest. They should be messed with too much I.e. no complated techniques.
They are generally small, should fit one in a 2x2 area
They're long light cycle mean your environment should be easier to control

Let's say you buy a 250 watt LED (more expensive to start but also more efficient) you will be able to harvest 4 Oz in two months plus curing.

Now your medium. I would recommend DWC as I'm using it easily but I've read it's more difficult to predict what an automatic will need (grows quick) . I think Coco coir in a smart pot is probably a good way to start. You'll be able to see how your plant responds to each feed. A lot of growers would suggest that soil is easier for a new grower but I don't think so. Soil has more thinks to go wrong. Once you have had practice you could cheaply and easily convert to a drip system make your work load lesser

A tent will be an easy fix to control your area. And an extraction system Will be all you need to control the temperature.

I would always try and get adjustable power lights and fans.

So that's basically a set up there are still the tools and feed

Basically once set up you'll probably ever need to check once a day and feed/water it every other day.

Hoped this helped.
Check out my journal to see my journey.

Hi Donna

Why dont you try 5 gallon bubble buckets

Parts:

1-5 gallon bucket (black)
1-6 inch net pot - You can buy these at any hydro store
Hydrotron - Clay pellets
Rock wool - For your seeds or clones
1-Decent air pump to add oxygen to your water
1-airstone and air tubing
Nutrients for your plants
Ph meter
ppm meter

You will also need lights and an area to grow in. You can use cfl's, T5 florescent, led or HID lights. All have there pros and cons. Look on the forum for more information. It seems like a lot of stuff to get started but it really isn't. Just do your homework and you'll be fine
I've really enjoyed my experience with self contained dwc can't fault it. Apart from my troubles of maintenance of the feed temperature. Good fun and cheap.
IWS Oxypot - Growing Systems | GroWell Hydroponics this is what I'm using but making your own is easy enough and cheap

Tent to fit your space.
Light (led) to match the space
Extractor fan with carbon filter (size depends on tent)
Pot - 5 gallon air pots (hemp)
medium - coco, promix, NOT MIRACLE GROW, perlite if needed)
nutrients - buy the ones designed for your medium
PH pen and PH Up/Down
Humidity and Temperature gauge

Browse the grow journals Grow Journals

Create a journal. You must do this. Watering and feeding is something you schedule. Don't assume you will remember. You don't have to publish it on here, but if you do it's a lot easier to help you.

I'm on my second grow and I'm a diabolical gardener. In the room of incompetent people I am the poster child. It is not that hard, if you write it down. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom