Hydroponic Harlequin

Fomerballer

This is my first attempt at a journal. Let me say this my first ever grow is still in progress a Northern Lights Auto. It’s 5 weeks along. I don’t smoke weed I just really wanted to try growing one. I’ve read a ton about it and how to grow so I’ll add to the journal as I do things with the Harle.

I have a space of 2.5’ x 6’ x 8’ tall. I
have 2x 600 watt LED. I put a 4” carbon filter attached to a super quiet inline fan that turns 400cfm. I’m using 5gal bucket with rock wool.

My attempt with Harlequin has already started on a down note. I dropped seed in water for 24hours the put seed in a small rockwool cube. 48 hours later it looks like the growth is tangled in the cube. This is my start.

I dont smoke, either, but I grow it for the family, so they get a clean, non-toxic, product that has been cured properly.

There are many other uses for Cannabis: ground up as cooking herbs, processed into edibles, made into a tincture or infusion for daily maintenance (pain relief and preventative healing). You can use the leaves, mini-buds, pollen pods for ingestion and save the pretty buds for the smokers in your family.

You can put your concoctions in teas, smoothies, and alcoholic drinks or wine.

It is a versatile plant, so enjoy growing it, realizing that most of it is useful. And if you prepare it right, you won't get high, but benefit from its healing properties.

Ok so today I officially started a new plant. I soaked the seed on Monday kept her under a shell and today I put her in a bucket. By the looks of my Harlequin seeds I have 3 different looking types. The first one I tried was a darker seed. This last one was more traditional looking. Brown with spots. The other plant couldn’t even stand unsupported. Hopefully this one will be a stronger pheno.

View album 19611

One way to reduce the seedling stretch is to put a 23W CFL 4" from the top of the soil, and raise it just enough to stay ahead of the growth. Normally, the seedling will stand up on its own, but too fast growth and the light too far away will cause it to stretch too much.

You can lay the too-tall seedling down in the soil....GENTLY.... and bury it in just enough soil to hold it down. The growing tip will then leaf out for you.

I don’t smoke or use weed at all but I’m hoping this girl will help with some aches n pains. If she grows and successful I’ll prob turn her into tincher.

I have 2x600w lcd about 3-4’ above. There is a Northern light Auto next to it but there is a clear shot from Lights to seedling

I would go with what @AKgramma suggested and add some CFLs to supplement your seedlings for now. Light decreases exponentially by distance, so the light the NL are getting at the canopy height is much more intense than what the seedlings are getting at 3-4’ distance from the light.

Back
Top Bottom