Hydroponic Questions & watering 24 hours.

Rocky Balboa

How much & how often should I be watering these clones? I need to know how long to water each day, 3 to 4 times a day for 30 mins at a time maybe or 24 hour watering as I am using expanded clay balls. Everyone let me know any thoughts & ideas.

Here is my setup once again:

3X4 grow table flood & drain

2 X 600 watt hps veg bulbs

50 Gallon Res

I only have about 3 feet from my lights.

I just got these today.I added seedlings & cutting dnf A+B 100ml of each.

When should these be put into bloom? I will be using 2 X 1000 watt hps bulbs.

Here are some pics.

I have been watering my plants now for 3 days straight with the expanded clay balls as the medium. The clones actually look alot better then they did when I first put them on the table. A few of the clones still have some yellowing in colour, Does that mean I need to add more nutrients/food?

What's the PPM or EC of your solution already? The only way to determine nutrient strength is to use a PPM ("Parts Per Million") meter or a EC ("Elecrical Coductivity") meter. I suggest a meter that reads in EC. The reason being is that all the meters read in EC first. The PPM meters use a internal electrical relay to convert the EC reading to PPM and has a better chance of mis reading the solution due to that. The meters can be bought of ebay for about $20.00 or from a pool supply store for around $50.00. I suggest that you also buy a digiatl PH meter whaile your at it. The liquid PH readers like used for pools will work but require you to read the colour of the solution to determine PH. A digital is a lot more accurate.

I have a ph pen metre & it reads 800ppm but the nutrient strength on the bottle says its 2-0-2 & is for clones & seedlings. Its DNF brand. PH is at 5.8

2-0-2 is okay for clones or seedlings I guess. A little phosphorus which there isn't any in that 2-0-2 would help with root formation. That solution will not work for vegative stage or flower stage. 800PPM for a chemical nute isn't very strong. Try to bump it up a little. Who makes this nutrient? I think you might need a new nutrient Rocky. Something more taylored towards cannabis. Anyway...watch your plants closely after you bump up the nutes. Any sign of burning and you will need to flush them and reduce the strength. The first sign of too much nutrient is a deadening/burning of the leaf tips.

Back
Top Bottom