goodwinclayto

First time grow question (seedlings/hydroponics)
Hi I am starting a hydroponic grow from 4 five gallon buckets drip system. I bought a humidity dome and heat mat my question is once they sprout how long before I take my rock wool cubes and place them in the 5 gallon buckets with clay rocks? I know that in 5 gallon buckets and how much space there is in them that the water wouldn't be able to reach the tiny roots? Do I wait a while with them in the dome? Thanks Alex

high, Alex

any reason you are using drip lines instead of a dtw-dwc-bb??

if you were using a dwc then I would suggest that as soon as you see roots,you can put them into hydroton
if no roots are in/near water
until the roots are submerged you can run the water a little high,about an inch ABOVE the bottom of net pot
when the roots are submersed in the water, run the water level an inch BELOW the bottom of the net pot,to give them an air space

pictures and maybe a journal will get you way more experts,,im just a novice who sometimes gets lucky:high-five:

edit-- dtw= drain to waste--dwc=deep water culture--bb=bubble buckets

First time grow question (seedlings/hydroponics)
Hi I am starting a hydroponic grow from 4 five gallon buckets drip system. I bought a humidity dome and heat mat my question is once they sprout how long before I take my rock wool cubes and place them in the 5 gallon buckets with clay rocks? I know that in 5 gallon buckets and how much space there is in them that the water wouldn't be able to reach the tiny roots? Do I wait a while with them in the dome? Thanks Alex
Your question was presented on The Reps Are Right. This link should help you. New City Grower 1.0

Cannabis is a plant that's seed germination ratio of female to male germination rates is

partly determined by heat, a seedling heat mat should not be used with cannabis seeds. The

roots should emerge from the rockwool cubes before the seedlings are transplanted into a

Deep Water Culture system net pot. The seedlings should be either watered with a drip feed

system or hand watered until the roots reach the reservoir water.

hes on a drip so he should be able to throw it in as long as the timer for the drip is set right
don't wanna drown that little root

Back
Top Bottom