HydroRed's Horticultural Whorehouse

I have a few mommas I've been keeping for some years which include "Gorilla Glue #4" (JW cut)
GG 1 - Copy.jpg GG4.jpg DSC_0189.JPG

"Mothers Milk" by Bodhi (Candy Hearts pheno)
MM RD 2.jpg MM 6wks round 2.JPG MM dry.jpg

"Plemon" by Breeders Boutique
Plemon 60 days 1.png 20170601_213300 - Copy.jpg pink trichs 1.png

:popcorn:

What medium and nutes you using?
Hydroton with a DIY F&D setup. I was using MegaCrop for about 2 years, but they changed the formula so Im reverting back to the GH 3 part. I run Lucas Formula so I really only use 2 bottles and a P/K boost from weeks 5-7 or so. I also run sterile in everything I do. Havent really had luck with organics in hydroponics.

Heres my DIY flood and drain setup. Its super simple to maintain (which is great cuz Im lazy) and gives me good results.
27 gal. tote with a 7 gallon mixing tray., a 185 gph pump and some F&D bulkhead fittings and were off and growing.
20160827_222407 - Copy.jpg
This is an older setup with (2x) the exact same stuff I currently use, but you guys get the picture. I no longer use the table and just put the tray right into the top of the 27 gal tote which is a perfect fit.

I had some health issues a while back which greatly reduces my capabilities to maintain a larger room and multiple F&D setups so I downsized and started breeding which has been just as rewarding as growing just for smoke.
Now I get to make my own crosses, reverse females to collect pollen for my own feminized strains and I still get to smoke after pulling out the seeds! Its a win/win for me! :thumb:

I use an identical system except I'm in potted rockwool cubes and chunks. As far as lazy, I have not lifted water in years. 100% of everything pumped in and pumped out. I designed and printed mods for my little 160gph pumps to convert them into sump pumps. Now when I empty a res, I can hear the pump snorting to few drops that got left behind. All other submersibles will leave inches of water in the sump, my pumps suck out every damn drop almost. My RO is supplied by a direct feed, and I also stabbed my waste line into the house so all water in and out of the grow is plumbed and the pumps do all of the heavy lifting.

I crunched the numbers for all of Megacrop's 3 formulations and I like the Vegan blend the most. My mid bloom shown is what I used a few months back, but have since changed a few things including adding ammoniacal N, but my blend is about even with the Vegan blend now except my micros are much different. Here's my notes about regimens I mapped so far. It's good for reference. FWIW, I used GH Flora series for years, but switched to salts when KoolBloom, Nectar and one other bottle, the nutes turned bad inside and grew mold. If you stick inside the 3 part you should be ok if you don't mind buying water, but the amendments aren't preserved correctly and can turn bad unless kept in perfect conditions.

Example Charts A.JPG

Note Megacrop(O)=Old, N=New
Example Charts B.JPG

Edit - The printed pump mod

ActiveAqua_AAPW160 Mod by Skybound420

I use an identical system except I'm in potted rockwool cubes and chunks. As far as lazy, I have not lifted water in years. 100% of everything pumped in and pumped out. I designed and printed mods for my little 160gph pumps to convert them into sump pumps. Now when I empty a res, I can hear the pump snorting to few drops that got left behind. All other submersibles will leave inches of water in the sump, my pumps suck out every damn drop almost. My RO is supplied by a direct feed, and I also stabbed my waste line into the house so all water in and out of the grow is plumbed and the pumps do all of the heavy lifting.

I crunched the numbers for all of Megacrop's 3 formulations and I like the Vegan blend the most. My mid bloom shown is what I used a few months back, but have since changed a few things including adding ammoniacal N, but my blend is about even with the Vegan blend now except my micros are much different. Here's my notes about regimens I mapped so far. It's good for reference. FWIW, I used GH Flora series for years, but switched to salts when KoolBloom, Nectar and one other bottle, the nutes turned bad inside and grew mold. If you stick inside the 3 part you should be ok if you don't mind buying water, but the amendments aren't preserved correctly and can turn bad unless kept in perfect conditions.

Example Charts A.JPG

Note Megacrop(O)=Old, N=New
Example Charts B.JPG
MC's first batch was already high in N. Their updated formula was to be higher in P/K values with a decrease in N but I didnt see it in the grows. Now they have changed the formula again from my understanding and I havent been able to get in contact with them other than on AFN and I dont wanna sign up to another forum I wont even use to ask a question.
I see they lowered the Ca on the new but bumped up the Mg. Was a suggestion of mine to GLN yrs ago for the LED guys.
I had a bottle of the FloraNova Bloom turn shitty on me like you say. Its not really organics, but it sure acted like it was in the bottle.

MC's first batch was already high in N. Their updated formula was to be higher in P/K values with a decrease in N but I didnt see it in the grows. Now they have changed the formula again from my understanding and I haven't been able to get in contact with them other than on AFN and I dont wanna sign up to another forum I wont even use to ask a question.
I see they lowered the Ca on the new but bumped up the Mg. Was a suggestion of mine to GLN yrs ago for the LED guys.
I had a bottle of the FloraNova Bloom turn shitty on me like you say. Its not really organics, but it sure acted like it was in the bottle.

All chelating agents are derived from organic compounds, so the Flora Micro can also turn, but I presume the GH people at least know to add a preservative to that bottle. I use a dash of Sodium Benzoate to my chelated micros and so far I'm not getting any growth in my nutes. As for the MC, I'm not a user, I just like reference material and since I'm seeing great results with the newest blend and have seen plenty of fucked up results from the older blends, I have more confidence in at least some of the numbers they use, and then if I choose to, I can formulate my nutes accordingly and effectively make my own Megacrop ala Skybound. Recently I've been experimenting with ammoniacal N, and stared in at 10% of total N as NH4+. Well, that turns out to be still on the strong side and my top leaves contracted a Cal def, likely due to the added cations of NH4+. Megacrop advertises a 19:1 ammonium:nitrate ratio, so I followed that same approach with my newest blend I'm now using. Here's the 3 labels merged to one photo.

All 3.JPG

The 3rd label levels up nicely when you add a 3:1 CalMag product, like Botanicare or Greenway.

I like less N and K, more P and Ca though, and an assload more sulfur and also silica too. Not to mention, I'm not fond of MC's micro levels, but like I said, I see other growers having success with it, so I need to give more credence to this product.

Back
Top Bottom