Hyena Merica's Blue Hyena & Black Hyena Growers Thread

Man that’s some crazy foxtailing going on!

I turned the lights back a little bit to more like 11/13. Lights are coming on later in the AM now. Sun going down at night was sneaking in a little bit. Room is west facing. I don't button down anything just keep the window covered. Now lights on is a little later which should be good. @ 40ish days now & coming down the stretch.

Yesterday was HOT @ 90F in the flower room and 50RH - starting to get some sparkle to the nuggetry.

The weird growth that looks like foxtail is actually just buds filling in. These plants are still stretching some. Well the #5 is - she just grew past the lamps like the others did, a few days ago. I think she's done stretch tho (42 days) hahaha.

These girls have a lot of Sativa traits. The smell is amazing.. light fruity almost like blueberry muffins in the oven. I'll be able to tell better when I get that Buffalato out of there. She's a stinker and getting REAL frosty too. Getting a chocolate pepper smell down stairs but in the room smells like cucumber and melons.

Yeah the cucumber fruit has a lot of terpines. There are studies and test done on it. Doesn't smell very strong to me but apparently its a thing to the sniffers out there.

Amazing tho today I thought the melon smell was coming from the BH plants, but downstairs I could smell a little skunk/dank, in the middle of a hot humid day. Then I went upstairs and smelled the Buffalato and she was danky smelling. BH was fruity ... I-yi-yi.

I think they smell like cannabis. o_O

Well, harvested the Blue Hyena and the Hyena Berrys...nice results!

Everything hanging and dry after a week, tried some and WOW it's just as buzzy and tasty as I hoped!

There's nothing better than a harvest. Everything seems so worth it when you are jarring pounds of frosty budz.

Keep em green everybody, and keep an eye out for Hyenas!

Peace, Hyena

Congrats mr.brown, would you mind me asking which hyena offspring that is please...

Its the Hyena Jungle version! hahahaha J/K - all my grows are like this. Colas here colas there colas everywhere.

I'm running the Black Hyena here. BD x BD x WW

Hyena can correct me if I'm wrong. I "think" the term BLACK comes from the White Widow.. original cut called & re-named black widow. Name change to "Black" due to drama in the breeders world. Hard to imagine but true. Shantibaba is original breeder of WW - took his toys out of sand box and went home to play without friends - changed name to Black Widow. I could be totally off base too. I need to puff.

Shantibaba = Mr Nice Seeds. He's got some goodies.

Blue Dream with Widow mixed in.

Fair amount of Sativa in these. Which I like. Colas just kept growing taller and taller. Now time to fatten up. Starting to get a few amber colored pistols. Typical I think with BD - white and amber mix for a while. I've grown Sativa that never go amber pistols - get you high A/F too.

You are correct on all counts Mr. Brown, Black Hyena is a Widow Mix x Blue Dream. And there are multiple phenos, all pretty interesting. I've grown three different expressions from these seeds but they all made big colas and the weed is very good.

Can't wait to see how it ends up! If you can keep the heat down I would let them keep going, they just get fatter.

My Blue Hyena that I recently chopped produced some amazing smoke.

All this frost and it ain't even Christmas. :ganjamon:

Peace, Hyena

Thanks Hyena - what I needed to hear. I'm on the East Coast. We "should" be in the HOT zone already but so far weather is holding off. Tonight going down to 50F and its been cool and rainy for the last several days. Grow is open window on 3rd floor - no AC turned on.

Gonna let them go until its time. The ladies will let me know.

Forecast is for cool nights, not real hot days for several more days. It's warmer in Ontario now. So gonna let it ride.

Yeah I have 3 different phenos. They look pretty similar but smell different.

Hyena in the jungle! Set on cruze control and herding for the finish line.

Gonna need a herd trim party when this one finishes.

Holy crap bro! You are killing it with those Hyenas!!

Awesome!!!

Peace, Hyena

Thanks Hyena - we are getting close. Got some whoppers going for sure.

All the buds kinda turned blue, the 2 oldest plants BH #1 & #2, all the side colas just flopped over due to the weight of the tops. I had to add some extra wires and yoyo'd up several colas to the ceiling.

I was getting a little anxious about the fluffy buds. Not any more. Now worried about where to store after harvest!! The flowers just sorta started bulking up big time in the last few days. Most of the original fans are falling off starting with the oldest plants first. Those older ( a week older) plants are ready anytime I think. I may take em down tomorrow. Depends on how they look in the AM. Getting REAL hot n humid tomorrow here so its gonna be chop day only question is how many.

Did a quick check with the loop all trichomes are cloudy. Test bud was smooth - real smooth tasting too. Was surprised about that. Freshies are usually a little harsh. Not this round. Very good.

Some pre-harvest pics for tomorrow. Gotta say these flowers are bad ass. Big plants too. Just gotta be patient with harvesting. I'm in the sweet spot but weather is gonna be an issue here tomorrow. I'll try the AC in the AM and see if I can keep things under semi-control.

Hope the weather doesn't get too out of control for you over there Bob. But know that you're not alone in your struggles. My tents have been running 85-90 degrees F all week long already...and you're right. It's not even real HOT yet! Time to dust off the old portable ac unit. Maybe open her up and give her a good once over, and a long over due cleaning of filters and such. Need to look up A/C maintenance. I may be making an attempt soon and trying my own hand at the Hyenamerica school of learning-emphasis on green thumb organics! :) But my grow tents are gettin a lil hot right now. Maybe ill wait another few weeks or so and maybe veg them through the summer/ end of summer and kind of flower with the outdoor schedule of light here on the sunny west coast. We shall see.....we shall see.
Lets us know if ya ended up chopping down them big ol bad ass monster Black Hyena's Bob. Sounded like you were very close last we heard. Keep em green bud.

Bob...pictures...report...?

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom