Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

High HM,

Very nice report. Well written! Sounds like your blue hyena is a prolific producer. Interesting that she produces more bud than the Big nugs strain.

Looking forward to your fall grow! Project 28. Thanks

hey hyena

im gonna bomb ya with some polyploidy info

Polyploidy is the condition of having one or more extra sets of chromosomes. Most plants and animals, including us humans, are diploids, meaning we have two copies of each chromosome, one inherited from each of our parents. But many plants are tetraploids, meaning they have four copies of every chromosome, two from each parent. Tetraploidy can happen naturally, and many plants have both tetraploid and diploid versions in the wild

Tetraploidy can also happen unnaturally. Scientists have learned to induce tetraploidy by using certain chemicals—most famously colchicine but also some herbicides like trifluralin. When applied to a growing bud, these can cause the chromosome number to double, producing a new tetraploid growth. The line between creating a tetraploid and killing the plant is a fine one. Most of the chemicals used in the process are quite toxic

Tetraploid versions of diploid plants are usually bigger in all their parts (thicker leaves, thicker petals, larger flowers—think of that pair of vincas), are often more vigorous, and show a wider range of variability than the diploids they came from—usually. Exceptions to this rule are numerous, but when tetraploidy works as planned, the effect can be quite striking and useful.

hey hyena

im gonna bomb ya with some polyploidy info

Polyploidy is the condition of having one or more extra sets of chromosomes. Most plants and animals, including us humans, are diploids, meaning we have two copies of each chromosome, one inherited from each of our parents. But many plants are tetraploids, meaning they have four copies of every chromosome, two from each parent. Tetraploidy can happen naturally, and many plants have both tetraploid and diploid versions in the wild

Tetraploidy can also happen unnaturally. Scientists have learned to induce tetraploidy by using certain chemicals—most famously colchicine but also some herbicides like trifluralin. When applied to a growing bud, these can cause the chromosome number to double, producing a new tetraploid growth. The line between creating a tetraploid and killing the plant is a fine one. Most of the chemicals used in the process are quite toxic

Tetraploid versions of diploid plants are usually bigger in all their parts (thicker leaves, thicker petals, larger flowers—think of that pair of vincas), are often more vigorous, and show a wider range of variability than the diploids they came from—usually. Exceptions to this rule are numerous, but when tetraploidy works as planned, the effect can be quite striking and useful.

Thanks Iti...

I finally smoked the polyploid bud...it had a very different smell and taste but also delicious and a strong buzz. Now I will probably turn into some kind of freak...

Oh, shit. Too late.

Peace, Hyena

I love a harvest after it's jarred and curing...

How I look when I'm burping them:

If he had weed like this he would never have had to resort to a drugged pudding pop...

Peace, Hyena

Honestly there is something nostalgic about attic grows. nice spot! wife hasnt found out yet? lol!

I think she actually does know...she's a rather smart woman and yet when I explained some months ago that we had skunks get into the attic she seemed to believe it.

I think she's playing me. :eek:

Peace, Hyena

my lady said a while back that theres no way your wife doesnt know... Womans intuition she called it lol
Maybe she is smart, and keeping the secret, so that he doesn’t spend too much time up there. So many folks here spend so much time in their gardens their spouses get irritated lol.

Maybe she is smart, and keeping the secret, so that he doesn’t spend too much time up there. So many folks here spend so much time in their gardens their spouses get irritated lol.

i attempt to allievate these irritations by doing my gardening in the wee hours of the morning.. 2am-5am lol... This way im in bed when she wants to go to sleep and back in bed (smelling delicious) before she wakes up lol

Happy Sunday!

President Trump has a sure-fire plan to bring Little Rocket Man around...

Remember, America has the best weed. Bigly!

Peace, Hyena

High HM,

My "Fri"day is as well! Hope y'alls' too

HIGH everybody, I'm on Hyena hiatus for awhile while enjoying the fun of summer...but thinking about all my 420 friends and especially everything we will do this fall as we try to commercialize the Blue Hyena strain and bust into the seed world!

I'm studying the problem of seed production and learning to do it right this time. I am confident it will be a show worth watching so stay tuned!

Have a great summer every day my friends! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!!

I turned my buds Shaggy and Scooby on to some Blue Hyena...

They couldn't handle it.

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom