Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

what fantastical forests you have goin on there,, so well done,,

your confidence with cloning seems consistent with your obvious abilities

planting ready clones by jan08 is most confident indeed

sterilize sterilize,,

karma sent friend :volcano-smiley:

What an adventure your threads are! I got through the thick of them for the most part and they were a great read. You deserve every bit of the success you seem to be achieving thanks for taking the time to document this it's almost short novel worthy haha!

What an adventure your threads are! I got through the thick of them for the most part and they were a great read. You deserve every bit of the success you seem to be achieving thanks for taking the time to document this it's almost short novel worthy haha!

Well thanks, DeeCee, that's mighty kind.

Stop by more often. Bring a friend. Plenty of chairs!

Peace, Hyena

what fantastical forests you have goin on there,, so well done,,

your confidence with cloning seems consistent with your obvious abilities

planting ready clones by jan08 is most confident indeed

sterilize sterilize,,

karma sent friend :volcano-smiley:

Thanks my friend, I can't wait to learn another cool canna thing. There are so many!

See you in 2020. Gonna be green!

Peace, Hyena

I need to start cloning as well, it just makes sense at this point.

I guess I will demonstrate it's easy...or not. :hmmmm: :nomo:

Let ya know Tuesday...

Peace, Hyena

My best clone success came from clonex basic directions. Used plastic sprouting domes and watched humidity. Careful about how much water, very easy to over do it. You will do great though;)

I intend to, I thoroughly enjoy your writing and have found your threads inspiring but also informative enough to feel good about taking those steps to more.

I'm on my couple grows and I'm hooked!

I am also intrigued by the prospect of learning how clones develop compared to plants from seeds, yield comparisons, everything.
Well you'll find they are more difficult to create a proper branching plant. Expect a little extra pruning work to shape them up. You'll want to select a strain that genetically has a nice branching structure. GG#4 comes to mind. I'm looking forward to watching this new adventure. :bongrip:

Yo Hyena! Just wanted to wish you and the Mrs a happy and prosperous new year!

Cheers to all your plans coming to fruition, and thank you for all you share and do!

Keep em green!

Last day of the decade.

Guess we'll do one last

HYENA'S GROW HOUSE update!

So yesterday I went up very early with the intention of solving the problem of cloning a bunch of clones in a couple hours or so. Or so I thought. Today (Tuesday) I just got back at 4 pm. Let me explain...

The cloning thing requires a cloner. Normally that's the easy part but for me it was the harder part. I got a pretty good one with 32 sites and lots of spray coverage underneath where it counts. My problem is, I have to set it up and be gone a full week. Obviously the reservoir won't last that long, it's only a few gallons. So we got really, really high and became conceptual at Home Depot.

The cloner just needs replenishment at periodic intervals. And the water becomes warmer than necessary because of the immersed, continuously running water pump. A supplemental reservoir solves both problems. I hooked one up and added two openings to the cloner, one for water in and one for drainage.

The flow of the pump is perfectly matched to the drainage capability of the drain line, so it will fill to this level but never overflow. I ran it continuously for hours to make sure. Put that on a timer on it so it runs for 30 minutes six times a day.

Now for cloning! I didn't know where to start since Tent #2 is up to almost my chest in places and I haven't even flipped it yet! I just decided I would take peripheral branches from the two biggest plants. I cut 7 from each of the two biggies.

Now into the rooting gel

All finished!!

Everybody looks like crap but I'm pretty confident I did everything right, now it's just a matter of a week going by and when I return I expect 14 perfectly healthy and rooted clones, ready to plant. Don't doubt me, I have a knack for this. But I did just knock on wood...

So here's what the hedge in Tent #2 looks like, and why I don't think 14 cuttings will be missed...

I haven't flipped this yet! I thought that with some panic. It's soooo huge, what have I done? Well, when I looked at it I immediately went in and changed the timer. Flip is officially on.

The density of this canopy is impossible. I am going for maximum blast here so why not! But there could be a city under there and I wouldn't know...

So we turn our attention to Candyland, or as it is also known, Sugar Mountain.

One week from harvest it's a fairyland. The chunkers abound. I have never seen such a feast and I've been around.

Here's just a smattering of certain worthy specimens...

I hope you liked that...I sure did! Everything is amazing in that room. The microscope reveals my hunch that they will be perfect for plucking in one more week is correct. No ambers yet but some cloudy and that means another week and they should just begin to get some ambers and that's chopville!

So it all looks good for now. I buttoned everything up and drove home, to return in one week and see the fruits (hopefully) of all me labors. Arrrrgh!

Now the decade will turn. And with it, I will turn 60 on Thursday. I decided that a party with a bunch of folks that I see all the time wasn't as good an idea as going to Las Vegas for 5 days with my baby so that is going down! We'll ring in my old age wiht some really good times in our favorite vacay place. Staying at the Flamingo this time around. Hiking, eating and maybe even some cards, who knows? All I know is I'm not getting any younger so let's party!

I sincerely appreciate anyone and everyone of you who read my demented writings. It's been a great year and a great decade, especially the last few years. Can't wait for 2020!! Hope you have a great and safe New years and we will check in from LV with a report at some time but until then,

DREAM BIG!!

Peace, Hyena

You're going to be happy with this set up and the fact that you trimmed those leaf ends. It really will direct energy to develop roots.

full

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday when that rolls around. Enjoy your vacay!

Highya HM,

Those bud pics are amazing! They do look good. And a sea of it!!

Happy birthday tomorrow. I'm sure you'll have fun in Vegas. We just finished binge watching the "Las Vegas" series. Was much fun. Have fun. Cheers

You're going to be happy with this set up and the fact that you trimmed those leaf ends. It really will direct energy to develop roots.

full

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday when that rolls around. Enjoy your vacay!

Thanks Jim...one thing, though, it seems to me the dip in the cloning gel pretty much washes off in the first 5 minutes in the cloner. I wonder if that few seconds' exposure is all it takes to absorb and work? There's a nice even spray happening in the cloner, and it runs continuously, so all washed off pretty fast. Though it did wash into the reservoir so it's in the water in diluted form I suppose. Thoughts?

Happy New Year my friend!

Peace, Hyena

Highya HM,

Those bud pics are amazing! They do look good. And a sea of it!!

Happy birthday tomorrow. I'm sure you'll have fun in Vegas. We just finished binge watching the "Las Vegas" series. Was much fun. Have fun. Cheers

Thanks Bode, appreciate the b-day wish. And being in LV is like your birthday every day!

Age is just a number. A big, fat, shitty number at this point...but just a number!

Got to accept it and Rock on!!

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom