Hygrozyme and roots excelurator worth it?

Smiling Garden

Ok,
So i am setting up a grow that will use most the line of advanced from start to finish.

I will be using,

sensi two part gro
connoisseur two part
b52
voodoo juice
piranha
tarantula
big bud
bud blood
bud candy
overdrive

My question is: Will it be worth the money to buy Hygrozyme and roots excelurator?

If so is hygrozyme really better than sensizym?

I have heard a lot of good things about these products, and i really want to make this grow the best i possibly can.

The last thing is what is the best feeding schedule for these products, i seem to find a variety of answers for that depending on prference and $$.

If anyone has used these products, especially in conjunction with AN coments would be great!!

Seems like you're recirculating. I'd say Roots Excelurator and Hygrozime are totally worth it. Use silver Roots Excelurator for recirculating, though. Gold is more for run to waste in soil / soilless.

Hygrozyme is good but strong; I'd use it @4mL/gal after week 2 of veg and amp it up to no more than 5 mL/gal on weeks 1-3 of flower. You can keep it out of the nutrient solution from week 4 to 6 of flower and re-incorporate it @5-7mL/gal in weeks 7-8 of flower, if you like.

I do prefer H&G's Multi Zen over Hygrozime, though. It's a bit more conplete (cellulase AND amylase, vitamins, etc), but...whatever's clever ;-)

Keep us posted!

You have alot of expensive beneficial bacteria stuff there. I would look into making your own tea for beneficial bacteria. Village idoit has a great recipe for one. Don't know much about the root excelurator but I remember hearing good stuff about it. Now hydrozyme help break down dead roots and stuff like that, which is good. However, if you have little bit of root rot in your system it could potentially super charge the pythium. I use cannazyme when I make my tea, which is basically the same thing different brand. If you want to see VI's recipe for his tea it's in his grow journal on I believe page 6 or 7.

You have alot of expensive beneficial bacteria stuff there. I would look into making your own tea for beneficial bacteria. Village idoit has a great recipe for one. Don't know much about the root excelurator but I remember hearing good stuff about it. Now hydrozyme help break down dead roots and stuff like that, which is good. However, if you have little bit of root rot in your system it could potentially super charge the pythium. I use cannazyme when I make my tea, which is basically the same thing different brand. If you want to see VI's recipe for his tea it's in his grow journal on I believe page 6 or 7.

Are you recorculating or top-feeding?

" Argument is sugar, and the rest of us are flies. "
-Richard Wald

Are you recorculating or top-feeding?

" Argument is sugar, and the rest of us are flies. "
-Richard Wald

Deep water culture, I was having some root rot issues mainly in center of the root ball. Once I started using VI's tea, it pretty much fixed all my issues. Additionally, I have noticed an increase in growth.

Sounds like some great bud coming your way Smiling Garden! :thumb:

My recipe's not so different from yours:

R/O with Cal-Mag+
Great White
Sensi/veg w/Nitrozyme foliars
Connoisseur/flower
VooDoo Juice
Carboload-liquid
Bud Igniter
Big Bud-liquid
Overdrive
SNS604-B
Flawless Finish

Success with this mix has been outstanding, every grow. Early on I'd been using Hygrozyme and had a lovely root zone to show for it. Unfortunately, the fast and vast pH shifts that accompany it are unavoidable. At crucial times during 12/12 the need for adj was extraordinarily frequent. I'm very attentive in keeping my gals in ideal nute range and Hygrozyme really tested that approach in earnest. Before having committed to DWC I understood the need for more frequent pH adj, but this stuff placed 'frequent' into a whole new context.

A friend from this forum had suggested that I switch to a Mycorrhizal fungi. For the next grow and every one since I've used Great White Mycorrhizal and have experienced an approximate 50% reduction in adj frequency while maintaining that beautiful root zone... And no more foaming. The remaining balance of Hygrozyme was relegated to use as a cleaner.

I've also since inoculated newly sprouted cuttings in aero, which has resulted in brighter, thicker roots, and as this was the only change instituted, I can say confidently that it has resulted in more robust plants with greater apparent vigor.

Can't speak to Sensizyme or Exelurator as I have no experience with them.

Have a great grow!

Seems like you're recirculating. I'd say Roots Excelurator and Hygrozime are totally worth it. Use silver Roots Excelurator for recirculating, though. Gold is more for run to waste in soil / soilless.

Hygrozyme is good but strong; I'd use it @4mL/gal after week 2 of veg and amp it up to no more than 5 mL/gal on weeks 1-3 of flower. You can keep it out of the nutrient solution from week 4 to 6 of flower and re-incorporate it @5-7mL/gal in weeks 7-8 of flower, if you like.

I do prefer H&G's Multi Zen over Hygrozime, though. It's a bit more conplete (cellulase AND amylase, vitamins, etc), but...whatever's clever ;-)

Keep us posted!

Hygrozyme active ingredients
420-magazine-mobile1458662765.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Alright I've been using both the products you are questioning for a few weeks now, before I started using them I was seeing little roots growth.

Before
420-magazine-mobile496969155.jpg

After

420-magazine-mobile2031543453.jpg

I'll post pics of how they look after the lights come back on, because when I checked them this morning they were even bigger! My girls are experiencing their last major Veg growth before I switch to flowering too!

System is acting lame and won't let me upload the pics from my phone right now, but will do when I get. A chance. Anyway IMHO these product definitely work and are with every penny!

Spread peace, love, and music!

You all need to internet search pondzyme vs hygrozyme and you will see that pondzyme is just as effective and one pound bottle of pondzyme costs less than 20 bucks and treats 16,000 gallons. Enzymes dont have to be so expensive.

Huh only spent $16 for 500ml so.... If that's expensive then...

Spread peace, love, and music!

They are the enzymes in dried bacteria. It is Bacillus subtilis which is a commonly used bacteria for enzyme products. If you search pond zyme vs. hygrozyme you will find a bunch of discussions and a test of pond zyme vs. bokashi vs. cannazym.
Pond zyme is a dry product so it is much cheaper. With the other products you are paying for a lot of water. And hype.

I don't use it anymore because I switched to DocBud's high brix growing where the soil is fully alive and quickly digests old plant matter.

Thanks for the info on pondzyme, shiggityflip. Ive been doling out a good bit of money on it because i like the results but i will definitely be picking up a bottle of pondzyme next time im at the fish place.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom