I’m stuck! Is this a def or lockout? Please help

MrMackey

Hi guys I’m really stuck on this I’ve had the problem every grow on this gorrila glue cutting it’s driving me insane.
my set up is alien easy feed (bottom fed) in 20l fabric pots using 70/30 coco perlite, I have 4 plants per m2 under a gavita set to 800w around 3-4ft above when plants have finished stretching, my temps are 25-27 lights on 19-21 lights off my rh is 50-60% opti climate controlled with co2 Ppms800-900 I’m pretty confident this part is fine? I’ve fed with cultivators feed chart from the beginning and was running into magnesium issues soon after flip which I tried to fix with adding more cal mag and Epsom salts I’ve had my ec as low as 1.4 in flower and currently high as 2.9 now the bulk of this is cal mag and Epsom salt! I use 1l of plant magic cal mag per 500l tank and 300ml of Epsom salt dissolved in water before I add it this alone takes the ec to around 1.4 before I add my ionic coco bloom and pk boosters etc here’s a few pics of the leaves I’ve pulled off the problem appears pretty much all over any help is greatly appreciated mmkay
90141E3D-5D16-4E1A-B9D5-368C9D4C8893.jpeg
966FE825-1FEB-4DAA-85A0-49317255CDB9.jpeg
14A0A3B5-3171-4BCE-831F-679CFCDF0221.jpeg
EA07B5A1-4EF4-4B8B-A5A5-3F0CE5E78194.jpeg
90141E3D-5D16-4E1A-B9D5-368C9D4C8893.jpeg966FE825-1FEB-4DAA-85A0-49317255CDB9.jpeg14A0A3B5-3171-4BCE-831F-679CFCDF0221.jpegEA07B5A1-4EF4-4B8B-A5A5-3F0CE5E78194.jpeg

Looks to me like a Cal/Mag issue. Increase the rate and pluck those leaves that are showing deficiency.

I use 1l of plant magic cal mag per 500l tank and 300ml of Epsom salt dissolved in water

I think you've got lockout. I've never used the Plant Magic line. I grow in coco/perlite, and used the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements in a drain-to waste-system. The highest I've gone with their CALiMAGic is 45% of the recommended 1ml/l. Plant Magic recommends 0.5 - 1ml/litre Magne-Cal+ for soil and coco. On top of the high dose of Magne-Cal+, you are feeding them even more with the Epsom salts.

Too much calcium will lock out the potassium, iron, magnesium, and manganese. The symptoms you are seeing are consistent with this.

Thank you guys for the replies and sorry I missed out the ph I’ve tried letting it go up and down between 5.5-6.4 and I’ve also tried consistent feeds of 5.8 ph and consistent of 6.0 on separate grows to give it a good chance the pics from right now I have ph of 6.2 and high ec of 2.9 but these same symptoms appear every time on the gorrila glue other strains I do side by side show very little if any signs. Guna get an up to date reading of run off tomoro but every time I’ve checked before it’s been in the range 5.7-6.4 being a bottom fed system I’ll just hand feed a few and get an average

Is anyone familiar with rust fungus someone told me it could be that but from what I’ve read I would feel little bumps where the spotting is and there’s not
its not rust spots unfortunately,
you are locking out shit with your e.c that high id bet

its not rust spots unfortunately,
you are locking out shit with your e.c that high id bet
That’s what I’m leaning more towards now mate im sure the problem has appeared earlier than usual this time and happens to be on the highest ec I’ve tried. I’ll try flushing and going back to basics just kept upping it because there under gavitas and high co2

That’s what I’m leaning more towards now mate im sure the problem has appeared earlier than usual this time and happens to be on the highest ec I’ve tried. I’ll try flushing and going back to basics just kept upping it because there under gavitas and high co2
dont flush with straight water in coco :)
good luck bro

If it is a salt buildup I'm not sure you can properly flush with a bottom feed. You have to wash the salts out the bottom. Over time you have sucked up nutrients by capillary action to the upper levels of the media. The water evaporates or is used by the plant leaving behind nutrient residue (salt). My two cents.

If it is a salt buildup I'm not sure you can properly flush with a bottom feed. You have to wash the salts out the bottom. Over time you have sucked up nutrients by capillary action to the upper levels of the media. The water evaporates or is used by the plant leaving behind nutrient residue (salt). My two cents.
I’ll hand feed flush it mate then vac out the run off it’s a pain in the arse but do it on the 1st pure water feed before harvest should be ok I’ll keep this post updated hopefuly I solve it and helps someone out

I am in agreement. Flush them from the top slowly with 1/4 strength nutrients. Put enough through them so that 80% of your solution drains out. Cut your nutrients to 50%, set the Magne-Cal+ to 0.25ml/l, and leave out the Epsom salts when you re-fill your reservoir after the flush.

If you are growing in coco/perlite, consider converting your system to drain-to-waste for your next grow. It's a very easy system to grow with. If you add automatic watering, you'll be able to leave home for up to a week without worries.

I had a similar issue and on some advice from here, I increased my watering from 800ml twice daily to 1l three times daily and the problem went away. My plants were roughly that size when the problem occurred. The explanation given was that I wasn't flushing enough through to wash the salts out so the EC and the pH in the coco got too high, I tested runoff and it was through the roof.

No idea if this is your problem too but worth looking into.

Good luck :)

I had a similar issue and on some advice from here, I increased my watering from 800ml twice daily to 1l three times daily and the problem went away. My plants were roughly that size when the problem occurred.

No idea if this is your problem too but worth thinking about.

Good luck :)
Cheers mate I’ll try that aswel can’t hurt at this point

Cheers mate I’ll try that aswel can’t hurt at this point

I just had another look at your photos and the coco around the edges looks pretty dry in the last pic? After I got told to water more, mine looked like how yours does in the middle but all the way through.

I just had another look at your photos and the coco around the edges looks pretty dry in the last pic? After I got told to water more, mine looked like how yours does in the middle but all the way through.
Yes mate well I was under the impression for optimum results to feed once as lights come on and let the top 1” dry out within 24hours before the next feed but I think your on to something because I’ve had the odd blockage on some trays and only noticed it once the plant starts yellowing and stuff I’m thinking maybe to hand water over the top every other day and keep the bottom feeding as it is, it’s just not viable for me at this point to buy a new system or hand feed daily unfortunately

Coco or coco/perlite is a drain-to-waste hydroponic system. At the stage you are at, you should feed at least two times per day until you get 10% - 20% run off. The extra waterings can get to be a pain. To solve this, I built an automatic watering system for under $50. Now I can leave home for up to a week, or as long as the reservoir has nutrient solution for. With automatic watering, coco/perlite is probably the most hands free growing method.

Back
Top Bottom