I’ve faced some problems early

GinaFather

Hi it’s my first time growing and in the second week of growing I made the genius mistake of giving it nutes.
I gave my plants 0,5ml/l of bio grow from bio bizz, and 3 days after the plant was getting burned.

Purple Bud auto white label
75% indica
1plant
Seedling
Indoor
Soil
Solo cup
Only soil with no perlite or anything else
180W with cfl lights
Between 71,6/82,4F
I have to fans in the cabinet one out and one in
I’m watering almost every 3 days
0,5ml/l bio grow

I didnt measure the Ph of the water, and the soil I’m using isn’t the best.
The cabinet I’m using it’s a bit misfit but it was a DIY.
I’m going to get something to measure my ph and adjust it, just need to know if it is really nute burn.
I’ve already put the lights further away to help the plant rest and get better, and going to flush with 3 times ph measured water.

full

Another doubt that I have is, the plant is 12 days old since the first leafs was born, what is the normal lifetime of a seedling. I’m always thinking if it shouldn’t be bigger by now

Pictures would help enourmously.

Seedling development is mostly about establishing roots. Your soil should be airy. What is it? You need to transplant them into something bigger. I'd recommend either a gallon pot that will work for another couple of weeks or a 5 gallon one. Sort your soil when you put them in a bigger pot. That will also fix your over feeding problem.

Pictures would help enourmously.

Seedling development is mostly about establishing roots. Your soil should be airy. What is it? You need to transplant them into something bigger. I'd recommend either a gallon pot that will work for another couple of weeks or a 5 gallon one. Sort your soil when you put them in a bigger pot. That will also fix your over feeding problem.
I can post a pic of the soil package, I was thinking of translating it to the final pot. I already bought the perlite to make more airy.
I’ll post the progress pics I have so far next.
Do you think it will solve some nute problems?

I don't get out much and look at new threads,,, but from the looks of it,,, from here with nothing but the pic,,, where did you get the soil? Penny said PH I tend to think it is too... Two sources of bad ph. The water,,, and the soil. Me I'd tell ya to got get a good bag of organic soil. If you don't have a good, loose, airy soil that promotes easy root development,, your missing one of the main things your going to have to have. Try to stay shy of the timed released one like miracle grow,,, not saying I haven't grown many a great plant with it,,, but it has a timed release ferts in it that might mess with whatever food your planning on using... Or could be the water??? I use commercial soil, black gold, but there are alot of good soils everywhere, and most all are ph neutral, and my tap water is good, so I never have to use a ph pen. GL and Keepem Green

I don't get out much and look at new threads,,, but from the looks of it,,, from here with nothing but the pic,,, where did you get the soil? Penny said PH I tend to think it is too... Two sources of bad ph. The water,,, and the soil. Me I'd tell ya to got get a good bag of organic soil. If you don't have a good, loose, airy soil that promotes easy root development,, your missing one of the main things your going to have to have. Try to stay shy of the timed released one like miracle grow,,, not saying I haven't grown many a great plant with it,,, but it has a timed release ferts in it that might mess with whatever food your planning on using... Or could be the water??? I use commercial soil, black gold, but there are alot of good soils everywhere, and most all are ph neutral, and my tap water is good, so I never have to use a ph pen. GL and Keepem Green
When I get home I’ll post a pic of my soil, I use bottled water with 6,7ph measurements. Should I do the transplant to the new soil or try and use mine and mix it with perlite?

For your first time grow, I'd use all potting soil. If you do the transplant, isn't much you can do but transplant the hole pot. BTW what size pit are you in,, looks small from here. But when plants are that small... I myself don't like to mess with removing soil for a seeds roots. But if you started that seed in a small pot, just transplant the whole 9 yards and hope for the best. I mean you could get rid of some of the dirt before transplanting,,, which wood be nice,,, but you could be flirting with disaster. By damaging roots. Bottle water is neutral at 6-7, so isn't your water. And I'm not saying your soils bad, could be a little PH and a little garden lime wood fix it right up... Might dry into a hard rock that needs alot of sand or mulch. But for your first grow,,, the simpler the better.
Start with a good soil, which has perlite and coco with a small starter charge of fertilizers like earth shit and others. Not sure where ya live but I go to a local nursery and get Black Glod Organic mix for 12 bucks for 2 cubic foot bags.

Pictures of the soil won't help much, you might have good soil. But if you do have bad soil,,, perlite an'it going to fix that. All perlite does is airate the soil, loosen up packed soils, and increase the drainage. Now if you were going to grow some plants straight in the ground,, it wood be worth testing the soil and amending it with whatever it may need.
But for a small plant in a pot,, I'd buy my dirt. And once more comes to were you live. You might have the hardest water around,,, or it might be good straight out tap. I use tap water for everything, waterings, including my cloners and my hydro when I do it. All without PHing anything. But I do have tap water in good parameters. GL

For your first time grow, I'd use all potting soil. If you do the transplant, isn't much you can do but transplant the hole pot. BTW what size pit are you in,, looks small from here. But when plants are that small... I myself don't like to mess with removing soil for a seeds roots. But if you started that seed in a small pot, just transplant the whole 9 yards and hope for the best. I mean you could get rid of some of the dirt before transplanting,,, which wood be nice,,, but you could be flirting with disaster. By damaging roots. Bottle water is neutral at 6-7, so isn't your water. And I'm not saying your soils bad, could be a little PH and a little garden lime wood fix it right up... Might dry into a hard rock that needs alot of sand or mulch. But for your first grow,,, the simpler the better.
Start with a good soil, which has perlite and coco with a small starter charge of fertilizers like earth shit and others. Not sure where ya live but I go to a local nursery and get Black Glod Organic mix for 12 bucks for 2 cubic foot bags.

Pictures of the soil won't help much, you might have good soil. But if you do have bad soil,,, perlite an'it going to fix that. All perlite does is airate the soil, loosen up packed soils, and increase the drainage. Now if you were going to grow some plants straight in the ground,, it wood be worth testing the soil and amending it with whatever it may need.
But for a small plant in a pot,, I'd buy my dirt. And once more comes to were you live. You might have the hardest water around,,, or it might be good straight out tap. I use tap water for everything, waterings, including my cloners and my hydro when I do it. All without PHing anything. But I do have tap water in good parameters. GL
Thank you, going to a grow shop right now and see what I can get! Thanks for the help!

Grow shops have stuff like promix, and promix is the normal,, but be prepared to have to use a fertilizer with it. I like the organic mix with a small charge of ferts. But I do add amendments to all my transplants once they become seedlings. You should'nd have to fertilize anything for the first few weeks. By then you can figure what kind of food you want. If your going to go organic or salt based.GL

Looking at your pictures they mostly look good. I didn't know how many plants you had. But they all at in starter pots,, that's a good thing. Question? Are these photo plants or auto flowers? What light are you going to work uder, and the food?

But it will be a good idea to figure what you want to use as food. Once you up pot them, it makes it hard to work most organics in the soils. By organics, I'm talking shit like earthworm casting, EWC's, and I use Blood/Bone meal, rock phosphate, azamite, bat guanos and afew more. That all sounds alot,,, but is an easier way to do it. But for first time easy is always better. You can opt for bottled ferts.

I can post a pic of the soil package, I was thinking of translating it to the final pot. I already bought the perlite to make more airy.
I’ll post the progress pics I have so far next.
Do you think it will solve some nute problems?

If you prepare the soil correctly, yes. Don't forget the PH pen and some PH Up/Down. Test your water. Make sure you PH the water to suit your medium. They are not all the same. My water PH is 5.8 - 6.2 depending on what stage the plant is in. The guy at the store should know, but that doesn't mean he will. Make sure you understand what you are using.

I give the new soil a good watering and add some root stimulate before I transplant. I wouldn't worry about testing the soil in the cup that your plants are in (old news). Use the cup to make the hole in the bigger pot. Cut the sides of the cup off. Let whatever loose dirt fall off and gently put it into the hole. Surround it with the new soil.

I didn't realize what your first sentence was... Duh... Explains the burns. I as a rule never use fertilizers on seedlings or even 90% of my veg plants veg plants, and only 2-3 times in flower. But they do have the amendments.

Thank you all! I just got home from the grow shop, I bought some light mix from bio bizz as the nutes I’m using are from them also. I also bought a smart pot and a ph pen.
Going to do what you guys and the guy from the shop told me.
I’m going to transplant to the new medium and measure my water ph, and it should solve my problem.
Again, thank you all you are great!

Back
Top Bottom