I am about 94% organic...can you help me be 100%

Hey everyone!!!

I am on my 1st grow and I am trying to grow as organic as I can. I prefer the best tasting buds and from what I have read Organic is the way to go to achieve this. Right now I am running about 94% organic but would like to get some help as to swapping out my non-organics and replacing them with organics....Can you experienced growers help me. I probably will continue my current grow with my nutrients I already have, however, when grow 2 comes around I want my babies to be all natural.....

Here is a list of my soil mixture and nutrients....any suggestions would be appreciated for the Non-organics to be replaced....

My soil mix is completely organic!!
Happy frog organic potting soil- ORGANIC
Organic compost- ORGANIC
worm casings- ORGANIC
jamacian bat guano- ORGANIC
peruvian seabird guano- ORGANIC
perlite- ORGANIC

My nutrients are
Nutrients and soil additives
Hygrozyme- ORGANIC
Superthrive (NON ORGANIC)
EarthJuice Full line (grow, bloom, meta-k, catalyst, micro) (ALL ORGANIC)
GH ph up and down (NON ORGANIC)
Organic Molassass- ORGANIC
Bio Weed-ORGANIC
Bio Root- ORGANIC
Humic Acid- ORGANIC
Advanced Nutrients Carboload Max- ORGANIC
Botanicare Cal/Mag plus- NON-ORGANIC
Neem oil (ORGANIC) and Rasta Bobs death mite (ORGANIC) for pest preventive measures
Olivias cloning solution (Half organic/half chemical)

What I would like to find are replacements for the following.....

#1 General Hydroponics PH UP and PH Down, what are organic alternatives for balencing my nutrient feedings...

#2 Is there anything like Superthrive that is organic? or is Superthrive organic?

#3 Botanicare Cal/Mag plus... I read EJ is a little weak in this area so I would like to correct this with an organic solution...

#4 Olivia's Cloning solution...Says it's half organic and half synthetic, any suggestions for a good clone rooting solution...

Any advice, comments or help would be much appreciated....If you would like to see my details on my 1st grow...I would love you to visit my very detailed journal with pics and see what you think....

Thanks !!!

Earthjuice makes organic pH up and down. Cloning solution can be made from willow cuttings.

Dolomite lime is organic and that will provide you with all the Cal / Mag you need

How do I make my own Rooting hormone?

Thats about all I know, good luck

Thanks Maer...I will be adding the EarthJuice up and down to my next go-around as well as adding the dolamite lime.... Much appreciated!! Check out my first grow when you get a chance!! thanks

Remove all guano, use natural composting materials (Alfalfa Meal, Vermicompost, Acient Forrest Humus)

Once guano is in your soil it never leaves. Their is ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, and ammonium all in guano.

Remove all perlite. Perlite is not bio-degrateable. Use another additive to aggitate the soil and retain water like, rock dust, humus, and builders sand (no polymers) to retain the nutrients and water.

When using all natural ingredients, you can lost all the pH chemicals, the balancers, the stimulators, and any other chemical you may be adding. Use something like Bio Vega and liquid seaweed to keep your plants in check.

You can check out my truely organic mix, all approved organic. (ATTRA, OMRI, WSDA, MSC)

100% Organic Soil Mix (MSC, ATTRA, OMRI, WSDA)

I thought Superthrive was OMRI (green label), but you don't really need it. Good soil should have all the micros you need

I thought Superthrive was OMRI (green label), but you don't really need it. Good soil should have all the micros you need

The hormone 1-Naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) does not occur naturally. Under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), products containing NAA require registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as pesticides. The sale of Superthrive is prohibited in Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Oregon as an unregistered pesticide.

Get rid of the superthrive,PH up and down, and the cal mag....
Get the dolomite and keep your soil PH around 6.5, this will eliminate the PH products and the cal mag..... Add lots of guano's, they are OMRI cert and will treat your soil right, and hey, it never leaves so you can keep recycling it.... :) Earth juice is a natural PH up/down not an organic PH up/down

PS, why in the world would you want to feed blood and bone meal to cattle!!! Of course they wouldn't allow that, but we are not cattle...

Start a compost/mulching heap OR "tea" out in the back yard.

If you're living in a apartment use one of them 30 gallon trash cans (w/lid) and throw any all all fruit/vegetable clippings and peels (especially Bananas...good source of Potassium), plant clippings and leaves, weeds, egg shells, whatever. If you want solid compost/mulch leave it dry OR if you want to make it into "tea" throw a good gob of water in along with it (you'll have to leave it outside so you don't stink up your apartment :cough:).

;)

Subcools supersoil...
I use earthjuice catalyst, Blackstrapp Mollasas, Kelp meal in my teas, Humic acid, I use bcuzz bloom stimulator as its organic, Oh and worm castings in my tea also. My tea is Worm castings, Earthjuice Catalyst, kelp meal and mollasas and humic acid sometimes...thats it. No need to ph anything.

:smokin::peacetwo:
Lemon Juice PH up, Baking Soda PH down,
Blood Meal during veg and Bone Meal during flowering to stabilize PH,
Alaska Liquid Fish Fertilizer,
Dip Clone Stem Cut in Honey then Plant in Soil.......:peace:

Get rid of the superthrive,PH up and down, and the cal mag....
Get the dolomite and keep your soil PH around 6.5, this will eliminate the PH products and the cal mag..... Add lots of guano's, they are OMRI cert and will treat your soil right, and hey, it never leaves so you can keep recycling it.... :) Earth juice is a natural PH up/down not an organic PH up/down

PS, why in the world would you want to feed blood and bone meal to cattle!!! Of course they wouldn't allow that, but we are not cattle...
I should not have given advice especially since I got it wrong! Sorry about that!! Lemon juice is for PH down and baking soda is for PH up but it is not organic. Also I don't use bone meal or blood meal because it attracts animals and seems unnatural to use. I am using the powdered dolomite lime to stabilize PH and to add calcium and magnesium with bat guano, kelp meal teas. In the future I will try and refrain from giving incorrect advice. Thanks IRIE for catching that!........:high-five:............:smokin:

Hey everyone...my first grow was very sucessfull!! I love organic's....On my 2nd round I decided to go 100% organic and picked up some General Organic's Cal/Mag to replace the non organic Botanicare I used on the last grow. I also did some research on Superthrive and will never use or recommend this for anyone growing maryj... Just check out the MSDS on 1-Napthyl acetic acid and you will see why I wouldn't want to add this to somthing I'm smoking....plus it's not organic.....

So now my full nutrient lineup is this...

Soil...
FFOF about 40%, Happy Frog potting soil 40%..other 20% is perlite, indonesian bat guano, mexican bat guano, jamaican bat guano, worm casings, and peruvian seabird guano...also added were 2 mosquito dunks (for fungus gnats which are a problem in my area, also organic...BTi) and Myco Maximum by Humboldt Nutrients

Pots--upgraded to 3 gallon smartpots

Nutrients and amendments
Earthjuice (Grow, Bloom, MetaK, Catalyst, Micro)
General Organics (BioWeed (cold pressed seaweed), Bio Root, Cal/Mag)
Advanced Nutrients- LiquidCarboLoad, H2 (humic acid)
organic unsulphured molassas

My all natural pest spray/deterrant (foliar and soil application) (distilled water boiled with peppermint tea bags, 1 cigarette, habenero hot sauce, neem oil)

I love the taste and quality of organics, and my 1st grow turned out amazing and soo smooth to smoke...

I hope with my now 100% organic base, I will have even better results... :)

Glad to see your enjoying organic. You may have additional success adding a little lime to help ph and
some Alaskan humus. Do you brew teas? Add benefical bac/fung?Add mycorrhizae?...if your still looking for a clone solution a light kelp meal works great.

Back
Top Bottom