I am going to try this

TinkerFarms

I WANT TO GROW AS ORGANICALLY AS I CAN SO I AM GOING TO TRY THIS AND JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS INFORMATION.

EGG SHELLS

Crush eggshells into small pieces and sprinkle them on top of the soil. Slugs, cutworms, and other insects are put off by the crunch when they crawl over the sharp edges and will leave for softer pastures. You can also toss the crushed shells into your compost heap. They break down quickly and give your plants a much-needed dose of calcium, which can help with bottom-end rot, a calcium deficiency found in some plants.

COFFEE GROUNDS

Give your garden a wake-up call by using leftover coffee grounds. Allow the grounds to cool before placing them sparingly onto the garden. Then blend them thoroughly into the soil. The grounds' contents, which include phosphorous, potassium, and magnesium, will help improve the soil's structure. You can also add coffee grounds to your compost pile. However, because coffee grounds can raise the soil's acidity level, limit their use to plants that like high acidity, such as azaleas and hydrangeas.

NUT SHELLS

The shells from peanuts and pistachios are a good addition to your compost heap because they don't break down as quickly as other items. These larger pieces can help vary the thickness of the compost, which will aid in soil aeration. Wash them thoroughly to rid them of salt, which can kill plants. A warning: Avoid using walnuts as they contain juglone, a compound that is toxic to plants.

BANANA PEELS

They are great for helping roses and many other plants get more flowers. Bananas are rich in phosphorus and potassium, both of them important macro-nutrients for the plants. Potassium in particular is the responsible for the new formation of flower buds.

The most common method of using them is just cutting them in chunks and burying them around the fresh soil for the plants. However, for us container gardeners, it gets a bit more tricky. We cannot just stuck some peels in our containers because, in such a little space, there is the risk that the decomposition process of the peel would damage the roots of the plants SO..I am going to try this little recipe.

All you need to do is toss the leftover peels into the blender, add a little of water ( I sometimes use the left over water from washing rice, it helps even more), and if you want to give it an extra punch, throw in a couple of leftover eggshells. Blend until smooth. When it is done you will end with a not so good looking shake, but the plants will love it. To help the plants assimilate it even better, you can mix it with some soil and let it rest a week.

It also said that if you use this use it like any other fert and not use to much..

Well just wanted to share :thumb::thanks:

Hmm 89 views but no opinions

Sorry no one has replied, I've had the same thing happen to me before, Don't know why, but it does.
There are some very helpful people on this site.
Wish I could help you, but I'm a hydro man myself, don't know squat about soil.
just wanted you to know that someone was listening
Good Luck.
P.S Sometimes I start my threads with [ come on guys, not a hard question ]:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hello Tinker :)

Organic is a great way to grow, no pH problems and generally you only need water your girls. If you would like some other ideas and info, go visit my journal (last page I think) I just posted some general info on organic amendments for a friend of mine who is heading in that direction :)

First thing you can do is try putting the topic of the content of the thread in the title, as it reads now nobody has any idea or interest in it because they don't know what it is.

Maybe something like "First Attempt At Organic Growing, Anyone Else Interested In Chiming In?"

You can also try posting in the appropriate area where organic gardeners are more prevalent.
Organic Gardening

Hope this helps. :thumb:

:Namaste:

Hello Tinker :)

Organic is a great way to grow, no pH problems and generally you only need water your girls. If you would like some other ideas and info, go visit my journal (last page I think) I just posted some general info on organic amendments for a friend of mine who is heading in that direction :)

Thank-You for the suggestion, But I really like my hydro. Good Luck, maybe we will talk again sometime.
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom