I can't call 911 - someone Help!

Grow604Life

I grow in FFOF, i started a new grow about 2 weeks ago, i had a left over bag of FFOF maybe 1 year old used it to put my seeds in after they poped i have 5 in 16oz cups some of them have leaf cupping, tips turning brown, and so on, i have not used any fertilizer yet, i use distilled water, P.H. in water is 5.5, new gal just opened it. I'm not to clear what to use for ph up ph down, i have this stuff i got called general hydroponics ph control kit, it says for hydro or soil. the thing is i have them in 16oz cups, water them with 6.5, i said to my self what is the ph of my run off, so i did a test i took a 16oz cup put some holes in the bottom and put some FFOF from the same bag and took distilled water added tap water made ph 7.0 filled up the cup and checked ph in run off it was 4.8, i think i can transplant would like to go another week but i don't know. i have a new bag of FFOF or should i get something else. thanks

From my understanding FFOF is not suitable for young seedlings. It'll burn them. I would transplant them in something more mild and then flush the crap outta them. I've never used FFOF though. This is just what I've read.

Oh, and you might want to make sure all the cups have holes in the bottom. Plants need some air getting to their roots. Also if you over water and there's no holes in the bottom the water will just sit there rotting the roots and attracting unwelcome pests. I hope this helps.

Sorry Lyra : I don't have any money till the 31st, I ran that test with the new bag of FFOF the runoff was 6.5 a lot better then 4.8 so i transplanted then, will see what happens. What else can i use other then FFOF or what can i mix with FFOF to make it more mild. I have 4 more only been above 3 days, the 5 i transplanted last night have been above ground for 13 days today they have 3 and 4 noeds. someone said mix with happy frog or light warrior. thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom