I could not believe the name of this strain, but its real

Nikolaos

Alaskan Thunder Fuck! lol....smells soooo fruity and taste greeeeeeat! :yummy::yummy:

alaskan_thunder_fuck_2.jpg
Alaskan_thunder_fuck.jpg

:thumb:

Re: I could not believe the name of this strain, but its real...

this strain has been around (my entire lifetime) and im sure dating 10-20 years before i seen light in this world ha.

the grower of yours did an amazing job. CONGRATZ! :bravo:

I&i

i would say its safe to say most strains out there have been lost (breed down). i read a story a month or two ago about a man that was going around the middle eastern countries gathering seeds of some of the original strains so we wont breed all strains into one strain which he explained we are on the path of doing so.

Try finding True OG Kush or Hindu Kush from the Hindus (ha)

my dad always talks about back in the 50's threw 80's im assuming they had "tai stick" and "Acapulco gold" Ive never seen or heard of that stuff

id bet money you have smoked Tai Stick and Acapulco Golds Offsprings :p

the old strains are actually becoming more popular then the new strains. found a shop in washington that sells classic strains for 30/clone and new strains like (girl scout cookie) for 15/clone..

but to find a true classic strain is becoming rare.

Hello Nikolaos & Gf. I'm probably from your dad's generation N. Initially in the 60's everything in CA was Mexican. Most of it quite good without any info or interest about where it came from. Soon after that it was often named, if known, by the state/region it came from. Besides the well known Acapulco Gold, lots of good herbs came from Michoacan and Oaxaca. Less often some dynamite from Chiapas and Guerrero came through. One of my all time best (to this day) came from small state of Nayarit. Now and then some Panama was available but not often. Not too longer after that Columbian started arriving, a little at the start then lots. Then there was Asian, which were ALL GOOD. Thai sticks were delicate and pretty with early batches of exquisite quality. The Vietnam vets brought back Vietnamese and Cambodian. Another all time personal best was some Laotian I traded with a Navy guy. A weed in my hall of fame. It was all Sativa in those days. No indicas yet. I was lucky as my home base was the Santa Cruz Mtns., which was and still is...serious pot country.

You gents seem like strain guys. Great! I wanted to grow and learn about strains soon after my 1st puff. Most were content to smoke it. No problem. I'm still pretty new here and haven't found that many strain discussions like some other forums. Or at least I haven't found them. As much as I enjoy talking about strains, seldom do it because it's hard to find true strain enthusiasts who aren't misinformed or full of themselves and what they think they know. I find it better to just keep quiet around them. I have one good friend (over 50 but much younger than me) who knows more on strains and lineage than anyone I've ever met. He and I can talk for hours on the subject.

There are landraces available from reputable breeders. Last season I tried the Mekong High from Dutch Passion. DP had bred some indica into it so it could finish in a decent timeframe, but they did a great job preserving the Vietnamese sativa qualities. Gf you are correct about Thai influence on many of today's greats...Blueberry, Chem 91 (as many believe), and OG Kush (widely agreed). Many others. I actually look for Thai lineage when checking out strains I want.

Ah, one of my longer posts but you guys got my attn. with your interest in this area.

well i do love talking strains and i do love finding true classic strains, currently searching for a bubba kush.. i find it with the way medical has been abused in washington that most strains are "named on spot" i currently have a "crazy miss hyde" on my counter.. (btw anyone know anything about this??) i have just about as much trust in 90% of the collectives in washington as i do with 90% of the restaurants anywhere as well.. i cant stand having my biscuits (biscuits and gravy) microwaved.. [ok getting sidetracked] but what im saying is that people just try to make money here so you have to truly know signs to look for in the Stems, Leaves, and flowers.

i am only 24 years old but i dedicate well over 80hrs a week to this plant and i dont intend to stop.

I&i

I could sort of tell. And age doesn't matter, rather interest. Good true new strains are welcome but often hear of bogus renaming. Terrible and unethical. Not saying about your CMH as I'm not heard about it. I no longer visit collectives but sometimes check their websites to see what's what. I have a couple Corleone Kushes almost done. Lucky to get a freebie pack. Supposedly a Pre-98 Bubba with his SFV. Cali's breeder hated by many but everything I've tried is real good. Good laugh about the biscuits and gravy.

my dad always talks about back in the 50's threw 80's im assuming they had "tai stick" and "Acapulco gold" Ive never seen or heard of that stuff

So does that mean that the Acapulco Gold around now is a completely different strain than the classic Acapulco Gold from the Cheech and Chong era? I was thinking of picking some of these up for next year. Worth it or no? Acapulco Gold 5F (barneys)

Basicly there is no real way to tell if the strain is going to be legit unless you grow it and see for urself.

In that case, it comes to memory. you will have to remember what the classic strain was, being my age.. i go off of details from what ive heard, read, and smoked myself. never came across classic acapulco gold, and i have this terrible habbit that when im told a strain is a specific strain, i doubt it with every oz of my body.. i have really grown to question the medical in washington (i cant stand to admit).

Dont be Gullible and question everything.

find a source u trust and dont leave them. my plant/seed provider has never let me down, and has always had a answer to my question. told me what strains would take mainlining better, topping better, left naturally, ect.. Green Lions Farm is the beezneez. cant wait to start my (old island indica) and (sweet baby jane) seeds. both will be hubbed 8 seeds of each (will grow all 16 and pic my mothers from them)

I&i

Back
Top Bottom