I don't like Kush types

Felix the Dog

I was reading some forum - I forget which - and a poster posted that "I don;t usually like Kush types at all, but this one....."
That got me thinking: why would someone not like Kush? There must be a zillion types of Kush, how can one dislike them all, or most? Is disliking Kush the same as disliking Indica? Is it perhaps too much of a body thing and not enough of a head thing? Eh? Any guesses would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Was that one of my posts, lol? Because I don't usually like... ;) .

My head wants sativa. Of course, I'm older than I used to be (as we all are), so I can appreciate the benefits of indicas more than I could when I was in my teens/20s and "You're going to regret that one of these days!" seemed more like a joke than a prophecy, and pain didn't really seem to hurt.

But I'm not a "hash plant" fan, and that's what I think of when I think of a real kush strain. But there lots of kushes - and "kushes" on the market today and I often think that putting that word in the strain's name just means that one of its ancestors was a kush, or a cross with a kush. Or that the breeder was looking at a picture of a kush when he was trying to decide on the name for his strain :rolleyes: .

I think I'd like 420's buddy Ron's "Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG," a lot, though:
Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG

With so many strains available to choose from, a person can afford to "not usually like" any one of them even if he/she doesn't actually hate it.

The term Kush, at its roots anyway, means weed that comes from the Hindu Kush, a mountain range that runs through Afghanistan and Pakistan. Pure indica.

Is disliking Kush the same as disliking Indica? I

That’s how I think of it anyway. A heavy dopey high that nails my brain to the basement floor. A day with Kush is like a day without sunshine.

Nowadays the term seems to be attached to pretty much any old strain. But I’m assuming the person that you were quoting meant they didn’t like heavy indicas.

""But I’m assuming the person that you were quoting meant they didn’t like heavy indicas."""

Probably so.... and now we have the critter on record, in print!!!

Its all in the effects. One of the main appeals of the Kush's and some of the hybrids were the sativa effects in them. Pure Hindu Kush is not a heavy india buzz. It is supposed to be a pure indica.

That is where things go wrong. When people used the name so much you could no longer notice this trait by Strain names.

After they totally screwed the Kush name up. They had to move on to the Og handle. Now you can no longer identify Og in Og strains.

lol time to reinvent some of the names

Certainly wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Names are my thing. I will re-name stuff for a very nominal fee.

Really, pot names are often horrible. Cheese? Diesel? Shithead? No, just the name will keep me away.

Those strains might have questionable names. 2 at least are there for a reason. Flavor and smell are good reasons for a name.
My point being Diesel and Exodus Cheese are 2 of the best strains going. Best not to discriminate by name.

So who's got the Oaxacan Kush?

I made that up.

Probably not going to find that exact one. There are strains built off Oaxacan genetics. I am pretty sure it is the one they used in Mexican Sativa from Sensi seeds, I think it is Sensi it could be Dutch Passion. I got the Pina Rita from TGA just for the Oaxacan in its genetics.

Both strains are similar with just enough Afghani to get it to do well indoors.

Back
Top Bottom