I don't want to kill them

Lyra

I've gotten really attached to my plants. They're not even 2 weeks old yet so I know it'll only get worse the longer this goes on. I've tried to search for this topic and found nothing.

When it comes time to harvest, why can't I just clip the buds off carefully, switch her back to veg for a few weeks so she has time to recover, and then reflower and re harvest?

My SO thinks I'm nuts, I spend hours talking to them lol They're like PETS. If it's not possible to keep them alive I'm not even 100 percent sure when it comes time to chop I'll be able to do it. I can't even kill a spider! For me this is actually less about the awesome weed I'll get to smoke, and more about the experience.

What do you guys think? Besides me being a crazy person. Is it possible? Anyone ever try this?

Thanks! :love:

I've gotten really attached to my plants. They're not even 2 weeks old yet so I know it'll only get worse the longer this goes on. I've tried to search for this topic and found nothing.

When it comes time to harvest, why can't I just clip the buds off carefully, switch her back to veg for a few weeks so she has time to recover, and then reflower and re harvest?

My SO thinks I'm nuts, I spend hours talking to them lol They're like PETS. If it's not possible to keep them alive I'm not even 100 percent sure when it comes time to chop I'll be able to do it. I can't even kill a spider! For me this is actually less about the awesome weed I'll get to smoke, and more about the experience.

What do you guys think? Besides me being a crazy person. Is it possible? Anyone ever try this?

What you are talking about is re-veging a plant. It can be done, but not in two week. I have tried it several times and it took the plant 8 weeks to finally recover and be in a healthy veg state. Then another 8 weeks to flower and ripen. It would be much faster to root clones before you flower.

Here is a pic of my NYCD plant started to re-veg. This one i chopped all the way down and started the reveg process.
NYCD_RE-VEG.JPG

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it a lot.

May I ask why you chopped her all the way down? I was thinking of just cutting the buds off so she'd still be a decent size.

I'm new to this so I'm probably just missing something. If it were possible I'm sure people would be doing it.

Leave as much smaller leaves as possible. Just take the bud and trim off the big dieing fan leaves. It does take a fair amount of time to push them back into veg.

You're not missing anything. I never intended to reveg this plant. I cut her down and when she refused to die I put it back under veg lights and nursed her back to health.This was my first reveg attempt.
BTW The second harvest from this plant was great!

Hi Lyra!
I had the same problem with my plants. Loved them too much. I think when the plants are getting bigger you will not find them "as cute", as you do when they are small and dont smell too much. Thats my experience :cheesygrinsmiley:

My solution was to keep my first plants as mother plants:
rsz_img_0609.jpg

Mothers on the left (19/5) and their clones at the right.

They are all smoked up now and im happy of get it out of my house. My new passion is to make good marijuana from seed till harvest. And do it as small and smart as I can do it.

:peace:

I have talked to several people in the last couple of yrs that have re-vegged extensively. One person I talked to has re-vegged the same plant 10 or 11 times. The issue is that eventually the main stem will get so thick and woody that she eventually won't be able to transport water or nutrients up to the rest of the plant very well. At this point she won't do as well. These plants aren't designed to be perennial, so you can't do it forever. Good luck!

Wow, another old post got me. What the heck is up with these popping up all over the place?
I found your reply yesterday about the older plants that have been flowered several times and then put into a vegetation stage again and again interesting.

The only time I see the older threads pop up is when someone posts a message in an older thread and then that thread will show up when I check "New posts". The old thread also show at the bottom of existing threads underneath a green bar with the words "Similar threads" in it. Not sure if that is because I only use a desk-top computer.

Most of the time the info found in older threads is just as valid now as it was back several years.

Back
Top Bottom